Marcus Ramsey
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2011
- Messages
- 18
Rep Bank
$210
$210
User Power: 11%
Hello!
My name is Marcus Ramsey and no I am not related to the slow lane guru Dave Ramsey, but I have read his book. I am about to be 18 in a couple of weeks and I’ve always been a Active entrepreneur, not just a kid who uses it as a excuse to not get a job and play halo all day. In 2009 I read a article about a company called 1-800-got junk, I thought it was a amazing story how the guy made so much on something so simple. One day I realized that 1-800 got junk was not in my local area and this type of business did not exist in the county. I did not act on this realization for a couple of weeks because I thought there was a reason for that, but I kept seeing huge piles of junk and old cars in peoples yard. I also remembered all the junk that hurricane ike had produce when it flooded local towns. I decided to explain this idea to my dad who helped my get a enclosed trailer to haul junk as long as I paid him back. I spent what saving I had on signs, uniforms for me and a friend who decided to help and some tools for cleaning junk. We started receiving a couple of calls per week and we were in business! The Business went very well and I paid my dad back in 3 months. Over the course of the next couple of years we partnered with a local moving company, we even got a couple commercial projects. Since then I have been able to save $22,000 dollars and I recently got out of the business and gave it to my friend who helped me start it for 10% of profit in exchange. My friend has a guy working under him now and I make about $300-$600 bucks a month, which is not much but considering I’m doing nothing besides giving advice every now and then I’m happy.
Right now I currently have a part time job and I’m working to become a manager soon. But my mane project at the moment is a Surf wear clothing brand I’m working on since I love water and surfing. I’m currently working on the website which is not done but you can check out what I’ve done so far at Dorsal and yes its going to be way more than just t-shirts. That’s where I’m stuck. I have drawings and sketches of all types of clothing that I want to create, but its hard finding manufacturers and getting samples etc. My current goal for this company is to design and produce a whole line of action wear clothing and eventually go to the magic trade show in las Vegas. Everyone I’ve shown the site too really likes it and tells me it has a lot of potential, but I don’t know if there blowing smoke or giving me a honest opinion so I would love for people to check it out and tell me what they HONESTLY think about it. Thanks!
My name is Marcus Ramsey and no I am not related to the slow lane guru Dave Ramsey, but I have read his book. I am about to be 18 in a couple of weeks and I’ve always been a Active entrepreneur, not just a kid who uses it as a excuse to not get a job and play halo all day. In 2009 I read a article about a company called 1-800-got junk, I thought it was a amazing story how the guy made so much on something so simple. One day I realized that 1-800 got junk was not in my local area and this type of business did not exist in the county. I did not act on this realization for a couple of weeks because I thought there was a reason for that, but I kept seeing huge piles of junk and old cars in peoples yard. I also remembered all the junk that hurricane ike had produce when it flooded local towns. I decided to explain this idea to my dad who helped my get a enclosed trailer to haul junk as long as I paid him back. I spent what saving I had on signs, uniforms for me and a friend who decided to help and some tools for cleaning junk. We started receiving a couple of calls per week and we were in business! The Business went very well and I paid my dad back in 3 months. Over the course of the next couple of years we partnered with a local moving company, we even got a couple commercial projects. Since then I have been able to save $22,000 dollars and I recently got out of the business and gave it to my friend who helped me start it for 10% of profit in exchange. My friend has a guy working under him now and I make about $300-$600 bucks a month, which is not much but considering I’m doing nothing besides giving advice every now and then I’m happy.
Right now I currently have a part time job and I’m working to become a manager soon. But my mane project at the moment is a Surf wear clothing brand I’m working on since I love water and surfing. I’m currently working on the website which is not done but you can check out what I’ve done so far at Dorsal and yes its going to be way more than just t-shirts. That’s where I’m stuck. I have drawings and sketches of all types of clothing that I want to create, but its hard finding manufacturers and getting samples etc. My current goal for this company is to design and produce a whole line of action wear clothing and eventually go to the magic trade show in las Vegas. Everyone I’ve shown the site too really likes it and tells me it has a lot of potential, but I don’t know if there blowing smoke or giving me a honest opinion so I would love for people to check it out and tell me what they HONESTLY think about it. Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
