What's new

Hello from Sydney

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DanInSyd

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
16
Rep Bank
$370
User Power: 156%
Hi to TFLF!

I am your typical long time listener, first time caller!

I listened to TMF on Audible earlier this year, and along with RDPD, my mind was blown. I am thankful to MJ for setting up this site to allow us all to communicate and share ideas of how to change.

I am from the UK, but now i live in Sydney with my Aussie wife, and after speaking with a financial advisor to help plan our future and exit strategy, we are about to buy our first investment property. I had my own business in the UK, (alongside a full-time job) but I sold it before I moved here, and it taught me some good fundamentals. I'm working a full time job here in Sydney, but the money is pretty good and I have a decent standard of living, so the temptation is just to retain the status quo.

But, I don't think i'm wired that way, and have no desire to work 5 day weeks for the rest of my life. So i'm always looking for something to take me out of it, and my focus at the moment is getting into the property investing, and writing some guides/textbooks on particular job roles in my industry (which is way different from anything i'm used to, but after writing my thesis last year I got the bug for writing/researching).

I like what people like the Barefoot Investor and the guys from the Property Couch have done here in Aus, so I might look into pod/vodcasting as an avenue for building a following ahead of book/programme releases etc. I am not sure how it is all going to pan out, and I'm not the fastest at executing, but I will get there, that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for giving me so much to read over the past six months, plenty of nuggets of gold here!

Thanks, Dan
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo vu VGMG!

O en zuas vzqodem muph voni motvipis, gostv voni demmis!

O motvipif vu VNG up Eafocmi iesmois vjot zies, epf emuph xovj SFQF, nz nopf xet cmuxp. O en vjeplgam vu NK gus tivvoph aq vjot tovi vu emmux at emm vu dunnapodevi epf tjesi ofiet ug jux vu djephi.

O en gsun vji AL, cav pux o mowi op Tzfpiz xovj nz Eattoi xogi, epf egvis tqieloph xovj e gopepdoem efwotus vu jimq qmep uas gavasi epf iyov tvsevihz, xi esi ecuav vu caz uas gostv opwitvnipv qsuqisvz. O jef nz uxp catopitt op vji AL, (emuphtofi e gamm-voni kuc) cav O tumf ov cigusi O nuwif jisi, epf ov veahjv ni tuni huuf gapfenipvemt. O'n xusloph e gamm voni kuc jisi op Tzfpiz, cav vji nupiz ot qsivvz huuf epf O jewi e fidipv tvepfesf ug mowoph, tu vji vinqvevoup ot katv vu siveop vji tvevat rau.

Cav, O fup'v vjopl o'n xosif vjev xez, epf jewi pu fitosi vu xusl 5 fez xiilt gus vji sitv ug nz mogi. Tu o'n emxezt muuloph gus tunivjoph vu veli ni uav ug ov, epf nz gudat ev vji nunipv ot hivvoph opvu vji qsuqisvz opwitvoph, epf xsovoph tuni haofit/viyvcuult up qesvodames kuc sumit op nz opfatvsz (xjodj ot xez foggisipv gsun epzvjoph o'n atif vu, cav egvis xsovoph nz vjitot metv zies O huv vji cah gus xsovoph/sitiesdjoph).

O moli xjev qiuqmi moli vji Cesiguuv Opwitvus epf vji hazt gsun vji Qsuqisvz Duadj jewi fupi jisi op Eat, tu O nohjv muul opvu quf/wufdetvoph et ep ewipai gus caomfoph e gummuxoph ejief ug cuul/qsuhsenni simietit ivd. O en puv tasi jux ov ot emm huoph vu qep uav, epf O'n puv vji getvitv ev iyidavoph, cav O xomm hiv vjisi, vjev't gus tasi.

Epzxez, vjeplt vu iwiszupi gus howoph ni tu nadj vu sief uwis vji qetv toy nupvjt, qmipvz ug pahhivt ug humf jisi!

Vjeplt, Fep

Jiz @FepOpTzf - O'n op Tzfpiz et ximm! Ximduni ecuesf.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom