Hello All,
Firstly a big thank you to MJ for the book! Awesome read!! A friend sent me a pdf version of the book and believe it or not, read it on my iphone within a week. I had to add the book to my library so ordered one of amazon a few weeks ago.
Im turning 30 this year. Married with no children- yet! I own a commercial cleaning business in Sydney that is turning over $250+ k per year. As most of the work is done by contractors I make about 40% of that.. I make about $100k. I've been in the industry for the past 4 years. I was a Marketing Graduate before that went to uni/college and couldn't get a job. When I finally did, the company went bust! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and found a easy way into business (Knowing what i know now, it certainly wasn't the best industry according to the CENTS principle).
My workload is very limited. I mostly have to visit clients once a month or when needed to make sure that all is well. I would say that I spend close to 10 hours a week if that on actual work related activities.
Im seeing this business as a stepping stone to other things. But while I am here, I want to make sure that I make it the best cleaning business out there. I am thinking of pursuing other areas of cleaning such as Carpets & Upholstery - but then again there's already a huge supply of these services. The other niches are fire restoration and meth lab clean ups. I guess it all comes down to how I market myself in these niches, doesn't it?!
My other areas of interest are in Real Estate - which I am about to start investing in within the next month or so. Internet & App Development are also areas that interests me highly.
My goal has always been to be financially free by the age of 40. I have about 10 years to do that and I have a strong belief that it will be much sooner than that.
I wish everyone here all the success & thank you to MJ once again..
G
Firstly a big thank you to MJ for the book! Awesome read!! A friend sent me a pdf version of the book and believe it or not, read it on my iphone within a week. I had to add the book to my library so ordered one of amazon a few weeks ago.
Im turning 30 this year. Married with no children- yet! I own a commercial cleaning business in Sydney that is turning over $250+ k per year. As most of the work is done by contractors I make about 40% of that.. I make about $100k. I've been in the industry for the past 4 years. I was a Marketing Graduate before that went to uni/college and couldn't get a job. When I finally did, the company went bust! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and found a easy way into business (Knowing what i know now, it certainly wasn't the best industry according to the CENTS principle).
My workload is very limited. I mostly have to visit clients once a month or when needed to make sure that all is well. I would say that I spend close to 10 hours a week if that on actual work related activities.
Im seeing this business as a stepping stone to other things. But while I am here, I want to make sure that I make it the best cleaning business out there. I am thinking of pursuing other areas of cleaning such as Carpets & Upholstery - but then again there's already a huge supply of these services. The other niches are fire restoration and meth lab clean ups. I guess it all comes down to how I market myself in these niches, doesn't it?!
My other areas of interest are in Real Estate - which I am about to start investing in within the next month or so. Internet & App Development are also areas that interests me highly.
My goal has always been to be financially free by the age of 40. I have about 10 years to do that and I have a strong belief that it will be much sooner than that.
I wish everyone here all the success & thank you to MJ once again..
G
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
