The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Sydney, Australia

JustWalkinAround

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Dec 10, 2014
Hi, nice to meet you all.

I was your average teen, straight out of high school with no direction or purpose. I enrolled in uni because it was 'the right thing to do'. All of my friends were doing it, so why not me? 3 weeks into the course, I started skipping classes thinking I could just catch up... Well, I'll never know if I could because I didn't ever try to catch up. Half way through the semester I called the uni and discontinued my course. I told my mum I needed time off to figure myself out. She reluctantly agreed, and for good reason too. I took the rest of the year off and spent all my time playing video games.

During this time, I discovered online poker and read stories of people making a fortune from it. I decided to try my hand at the game, but ultimately pulled out after a few months and a couple hundred dollars down the drain. The year was coming to an end and I didn't want to go back to uni in the slightest but I had nothing to show.

So I started uni and was failing again. However, since I'd wasted the entire previous year, there was no way my mum would let me take time off again. So, I sucked it up and kept going to class. Dreading each school day, I'd spend my spare time looking for ways to make money besides uni -> graduate job. Naturally, I stumbled upon entrepreneurship and TMF . I always knew I didn't want to work 9-5, and reading TMF affirmed that for me.

I started reading more and more, eventually joining the forum but never posting. I became one of those guys - forever lurking and living the great life of a successful entrepreneur through the posts of others that were doing well/made it. I'd spend night after night reading, getting excited and then going to bed. I'd visualise in my mind all the things I'd do the next day and all the $$$ I'd been swimming in etc.

In 2014, I kept telling my friends that I'd 'do something entrepreneurial this year' and how I wasn't going to work for someone. They listened to me but never really bought what I was saying. Well, it's not surprising... Only recently did I realise I'd done absolutely nothing but grow comfortable reading and preaching things I'd never done. Yuckkkkkkkkkk, I'm such a one of those guys! Anyway, I'm sick of wasting time.

I'm 22 now and currently doing a full-time internship, but in my time off I'll be looking into importing. Despite having heard so many people on this forum (and others) say 'it's the processes, not the product, that drives success', I've been guilty of looking for that perfect product to make me a billionaire. Up until this week that is. I changed my outlook and found quite easily a few products I thought would be of value to customers and actually reached out to a supplier. To my surprise, they replied this morning and since then I've been sweating my butt trying to figure out how to proceed. This is good though, the more roadblocks the better! As soon as I learn my way around it, I'll know forever.

J

P.S. I've called myself JustWalkinAround because that's what my ultimate goal is. I love travelling and just walking around a new city, relaxing and taking everything in. This is my reason for pursuing the fastlane. I want to be able to wake up wherever I want, just walk around and y'know, enjoy ma life :~)))))))))))))

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Clenrock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Oct 14, 2014
Awesome story! Thanks for writing it, and good luck in your journey!

P.S. keep the goal in mind, you'll get there!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...