Hello,
I would like to start off by saying that I am 18 years old. I am still very young. I have always been interested in entrepreneurship and I always had an idea and a dream in my mind to be my own boss and create something that would not only make me rich but would benefit society. After reading the book, I feel like I've learned so many things that I didn't know before. I've also learned more about myself and learned what I would want to do with my life.
I grew up in a very cultural-oriented family and my parents always motivate me to have a good education so someday I would have a good job and be happy. They work so hard to support me and I totally respect them for that but I know that is the brainwashing which I learned is "the Slow lane". Both my brothers graduated with Electrical Engineering degrees but they are not in a very good job position right now and they seem not to be happy with it. They are stuck in your typical 9-5 slowlaner.
I will admit that my parent's influence has a big effect on me and how I think since I have always been taught that to be rich you have to get a good education and then someday you will have a good job. Well, I am in my first year of community college right now doing a transfer degree towards Computer Science and I feel like it is in the field that I have no interest at all. I feel like I am doing this just to please my parents and falling for the trap of the slow lane. I feel like I am conforming to society and not doing what my heart desires. I sacrifice all my time to homework every single day and I feel this is the "education servitude" that MJ was talking about in the book. I'm doing shit that I don't even enjoy. I even start to rationalize that the shit I'm doing like Calculus and computer coding programming is fun, when it really is not. I'm just doing it for the sake of the education so I can get a good job when I graduate... When I could be using that time to learn and develop myself into the Fastlane.
To be honest, I really don't want to be a computer engineer. I want to become something more of myself. I want to learn and get myself onto the Fastlane. This would mean I would have to be making big changes to my life and important people in my life will disagree or be against what my decisions are but no parent, peer, or teacher can possibly know what's best for my heart and although it's good intentions, only I know what's best for me.
I am still very new to this and I hope to learn a lot from this site and other valuable knowledge from other people that have similar success mindsets like mine. I know it will take dedication and persistence to get where I want to be. I hope my introduction gave you an idea of my background and where I come from and thank you for taking the time to read it, or even skim through it. I hope to learn a lot and benefit myself towards a positive and happy lifestyle. :smxB:
I would like to start off by saying that I am 18 years old. I am still very young. I have always been interested in entrepreneurship and I always had an idea and a dream in my mind to be my own boss and create something that would not only make me rich but would benefit society. After reading the book, I feel like I've learned so many things that I didn't know before. I've also learned more about myself and learned what I would want to do with my life.
I grew up in a very cultural-oriented family and my parents always motivate me to have a good education so someday I would have a good job and be happy. They work so hard to support me and I totally respect them for that but I know that is the brainwashing which I learned is "the Slow lane". Both my brothers graduated with Electrical Engineering degrees but they are not in a very good job position right now and they seem not to be happy with it. They are stuck in your typical 9-5 slowlaner.
I will admit that my parent's influence has a big effect on me and how I think since I have always been taught that to be rich you have to get a good education and then someday you will have a good job. Well, I am in my first year of community college right now doing a transfer degree towards Computer Science and I feel like it is in the field that I have no interest at all. I feel like I am doing this just to please my parents and falling for the trap of the slow lane. I feel like I am conforming to society and not doing what my heart desires. I sacrifice all my time to homework every single day and I feel this is the "education servitude" that MJ was talking about in the book. I'm doing shit that I don't even enjoy. I even start to rationalize that the shit I'm doing like Calculus and computer coding programming is fun, when it really is not. I'm just doing it for the sake of the education so I can get a good job when I graduate... When I could be using that time to learn and develop myself into the Fastlane.
To be honest, I really don't want to be a computer engineer. I want to become something more of myself. I want to learn and get myself onto the Fastlane. This would mean I would have to be making big changes to my life and important people in my life will disagree or be against what my decisions are but no parent, peer, or teacher can possibly know what's best for my heart and although it's good intentions, only I know what's best for me.
I am still very new to this and I hope to learn a lot from this site and other valuable knowledge from other people that have similar success mindsets like mine. I know it will take dedication and persistence to get where I want to be. I hope my introduction gave you an idea of my background and where I come from and thank you for taking the time to read it, or even skim through it. I hope to learn a lot and benefit myself towards a positive and happy lifestyle. :smxB:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
