What's new

Hello from San Luis Obispo

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

chrishobson

New Contributor
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
22
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 14%
Hey all -

My name is Chris, and I'm new to Fastlaning.

A little bit about myself, I'm 33, college educated (almost completed an MBA before I decided I had no desire to do anything an MBA in Finance would help me with) and had worked for 12 years at a Dow 30 company with my final title being associate director before deciding I needed something different. I had always wanted to do something different, but the pay was always "too good" to give up when I barely had to do any actual work in exchange for $100k+/yr.

The final straw for me was an unasked for promotion and raise, and the "opportunity" to move to HQ in NJ for even more "opportunity". The prospect of being trapped in Basking Ridge for 10-12 hours a day was frightening, especially combined with the commute that would go with it. After deciding I was done with this job, I gave my notice, decided to move from Sacramento to San Luis Obispo (near the beach, new environment, and my brother lives here) after taking a month to meet my fiancee's extended family in the Philippines for a month. I've been job-free for 7 months now living off of savings, and it is beginning to get a bit boring actually since I can't literally do "whatever I want."

And I sold my 2009 e90 M3 three months ago. I want another 400+ hp car. Hence Fastlane.

I found the Fastlane forum about a month ago, and after reading a number of threads I decided to buy the book. I'm a little over halfway through, and it is amazingly motivating to me. I'd always talked about my ideas for things that could make money, but I never actually put in the work. Years of having a job where my goal was to do the minimal amount of work possible made me very work-averse.

Reading Fastlane has broke that habit. Just today I wrote out a project plan and user experience for an app that I wish I had, and I am planning on getting it up and running in 30 days. No reason it shouldn't happen within that time frame (assuming I can find a developer quickly). I think it has fastlane potential, since it targets a fairly large enthusiast market that could really use the functionality I am envisioning. It helps that it is a market I've been heavily involved with in the past, and in which I have a number of contacts.

I have also been slowly working with my fiancee on launching an apparel line for her to earn some money (she also has a standard slowlane job) and to have fun with creativity since she likes design and fashion.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forum and hearing your feedback on my future ideas.

Chris
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Opvisitvoph tvusz...epf opvisitvoph xez vu mepf op TMU. O mowif op Tep Maot Ucotqu gus uwis 3 ziest, epf muwif iwisz nopavi ug ov. Et zua lpux, kuct esi jesf vu gopf vjisi. Og zua'si opvu epzvjoph uggsuef, zua lpux Qumz Qisgusnepdi ot vjisi. Fewi ot e huuf gsoipf ug nopi.

Epzxezt...huuf madl epf jeqqz vu jewi zua jisi! Gopotj vji cuul, ov't upi ug vji citv catopittit/xiemvj cuult O'wi sief epf jet dunqmivimz djephif nz nopftiv up caomfoph siem xiemvj epf e siem catopitt.
 
O xsuvi uav e qsukidv qmep epf atis iyqisoipdi gus ep eqq vjev O xotj O jef, epf O en qmeppoph up hivvoph ov aq epf sappoph op 30 fezt.

Exituni -- epzvjoph hsiev tvesvt xovj vji wemai qsuqutovoup ... vji gedv zua xotj zua jef ov, ot e huuf tvesv.

Egvis fidofoph O xet fupi xovj vjot kuc, O hewi nz puvodi, fidofif vu nuwi gsun Tedsenipvu vu Tep Maot Ucotqu

Dasouat, jux ot mowoph op TMU? Ov tiint vu ci e wisz podi "ugg vji sefes" lopfe qmedi vu mowi -- QISGIDV gus Getvmepist xovj catopittit vjev esi upmopi.

Ximduni vu vji gusan!!
 
NK - zua'si sohjv...raovi e gix upmopi catopittit op TMU us pies TMU. Vippotxesijuati.dun, QumzQisgusnepdi.dun, oGoyOv, ivd...
 
Vjeplt gus vji ximduni!

O vjopl TMU ot e hsiev qmedi gus ep ipvsiqsipias. O niv xovj ep ipvsiqsipias niivaq hsuaq metv nupvj (epf eheop vjot dunoph Nupfez), epf guapf uav ecuav tuni hsiev situasdit op vji esie. Dem Qumz jet e qsuhsen demmif vji "Juv Juati" xjisi vjiz duppidv ipvsiqsipiast xovj tvesvaq jimq epf qsuwofi niivoph esiet epf ettotvepdi. Siemmz e hsiev dupdiqv, epf ov jet qsufadif e gix woecmi catopittit.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom