The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Prague, Czech republic

Petr Å Ã dlo

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2011
Prague, Czech republic
Hi MJ&all,

First of all thanks to MJ for the great book which has brought me here.

I have always worked on the bridge between ICT and financial services business - consultant, project manager in bank, sales, executive director in a software company. On the edge of 30 years old I have finally understood that no job can ever be satisfactory. MJ provided the best explanation I have ever read.

Since 32 I am learning my way through free-lance consulting which financed my time for several start-ups (with one financially small succesfull exit), once even with experience of pitching to VCs in Silicon Valley (no money raised, but got some great insights) and finally setting up a (so-far) succesful service-design/innovation company along with my friend and long-time business partner in 2010.

My current goal is scaling: the business is very difficult because as a consultancy company it has a strong dependency on its founders. But there are good margins and we have some ideas (and a lot of work in front of us).

I am looking forward provide and receive fun and inspiration.

With best regards,

Petr Sidlo

PS: sorry for my name, it seems that the forum does not handle well Czech characters - and I did not find a way to replace them with English equivalents;*any help is appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Welcome. I happen to be in Prague right now. What a beautiful city!!!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sure, I'll only be here 2 more days.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Petr and welcome!

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Yes, and many interesting women too

Eh, us Europeans know:)

And some really fine beer I must say (at least it's advertised here as the "Taste of the old Prague":))

Hope to visit some day.

Welcome and best of luck on your fastlane path, glad to hear you're already making it.

Yes, the consultancy thing can be hard to expand, but it can be expanded. It's hard to break through that
boundary when one realizes that there are other experts (or future experts) that can do the job just fine.

Of course, their knowledge would not be a match to yours, but still they would be experts, helping people on
behalf of your company, while you just earn with no work.

I've seen an expert-based company deal with this by simply hiring highly qualified individuals, and if some
customer insists on being served by "the big boss" (that would be you:)) - well, that comes at an extra rate.

Some internal knowledge base of your company for all the FAQ's could be helpful, if you want all customers
to benefit from your knowledge - then the additional expert employees could base advice on that, and use their
knowledge for interpreting it correctly for the actual customer, and his specific situation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CZ_Voyager

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
Ahoj!

I'm Czech as well. I live in the UK at the moment!

I've screwed up a lot of things in the past and now in my thirties I'm starting again. No excuses! It's never too late!

Good luck!

Petr

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.