The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Pennsylvania

sbren2527

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2013
Hello Everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm from Havertown, PA which is right outside Philadelphia. Right now, I go to school for engineering and I have 9 months left. Aside from school, right now I do affiliate marketing for a few health and fitness products that I have used.

I joined this website since I realize what my future will be like if I just stick to being a company engineer. My goal is to start my own business and escape a "9-5 job" lifestyle.

As far as my future, over the next 9 months I plan on continuing my affiliate marketing work as well as starting my own blog. And if need be in 9 months, get a full time position as an engineer (pay off student loans) while continuing the work mentioned above.

Overall, my main goal for Fastlane is to soak up as much knowledge as possible while staying motivated.

Look forward to speaking with all of you!

Steve

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wealthyliving

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 15, 2013
Hi Steve!

That's a great plan. I happen to go to college in Philadelphia! I go to Drexel University, going into my second year of undergrad studying engineering as well. Right now, I am in College Park, MD taking a research summer program job for electrical engineering.

Like you, I plan to escape the 9-5 job style, and I am currently in the process of continuing on in my entrepreneurial journey.

-Grace

sbren2527

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2013
Hi Steve!

That's a great plan. I happen to go to college in Philadelphia! I go to Drexel University, going into my second year of undergrad studying engineering as well. Right now, I am in College Park, MD taking a research summer program job for electrical engineering.

Like you, I plan to escape the 9-5 job style, and I am currently in the process of continuing on in my entrepreneurial journey.

-Grace

Should have been specific, but I go to Drexel as well! Are you back in class in the fall?

Also is there anything specific that made you want to specific that inspired towards entrepreneurship?

Steve

Mouse McCoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 26, 2013
Hey Steve,

Welcome, I'm just curious why you're setting your sights on another position in your 9-5 job instead of going directly into the Fastlane? I'm by no means an expert, so I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why this would be a better choice.

wealthyliving

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 15, 2013
Should have been specific, but I go to Drexel as well! Are you back in class in the fall?

Also is there anything specific that made you want to specific that inspired towards entrepreneurship?

Steve

Wow! That's awesome! And sadly no... I am supposed to be on a co-op cycle coming this fall, but given my desires to drop out of college, I may or may not be coming back. But my heart is in Philadelphia, so I am sure to visit one way or another!

As for your question...actually, I have always had an unconscious desire to go on the Fastlane. I just never unearthed that desire, because I was afraid I was thinking of the wrong things and thought the best route would be to go with society. But after reading MJ's book, it's clear to me now what my interests are, and that is to go the entrepreneurial way.

Do you have classes in the fall?

-Grace

sbren2527

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2013
I'm just curious why you're setting your sights on another position in your 9-5 job instead of going directly into the Fastlane?

Because of my student loans, I want to get out of debt asap. So can use my capital for investments.

sbren2527

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 25, 2013
I have always had an unconscious desire to go on the Fastlane. I just never unearthed that desire, because I was afraid I was thinking of the wrong things and thought the best route would be to go with society. But after reading MJ's book, it's clear to me now what my interests are, and that is to go the entrepreneurial way

Yeah I had a similar experience as well. I've been reading about the fastlane lifestyle for the past couple year, but I was always a little hesitant. But like you, I started researching and realize it is not out of my limits.

Yes, I have class in the fall, my senior year. I'm looking forward to finishing up and starting my pursuit of the fastlane.

Best of luck with your future pursuit of the fastlane!
Do you have classes in the fall?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...