The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from NY

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
Hey all, brand new here. Just read the book and I love it, starting to read it for a second time. How many times have you read it?

A little about myself, I have worked for three largest tech/internet companies as a salaried employee. I current have a company, with active clients, and my site is about to go live, http://www.evidencebasedads.com/

I specialize in SEM & Social Marketing for ecommerce. This is my past training in corporate America, and I am doing it on my own. I have active clients going in.

A few key lessons from the book;

1) Financial Mastery is key to success as an entrepreneur. You dont see that too often talked about. My father in law was real estate mogul in the bay area, and could run any number, any time. He was also frugal, and did not own an expensive watch, but owned a dozen high end mg's. In the rat race(corp America), I was compelled to buy expensive things, burberry suits, expensive luggage, shoes, watches, appearances. now I dont care. I can wear sweats and earn as much, and not be compelled to go drinking every night with people I just have no desire to hang with, no offense.

2) What is the market NEED of your product? Not focusing on money, but marketplace needs was a key point that helped me recently provide customer service, and to get away from the 'automated' customer service minded touted in 4HR, and unfortunately prevalent in more and more companies. The best entrepreneurs I know do this, and are not just hucking bs info products. The era of FAQ's being 'customer service' will come to an end.

3) Success takes very hard work. Who says this anymore? This is a message that is sorely needed nowadays. Its Anti - 'The Secret.' I like it. I have personally seen The Secret cost people $100K's in sunken real estate investments, its a dangerous philosophy and reflects our entitlement society. While others are wishing success, let us be the ones that work for it, and achieve it.

4) Live where it makes you happy. I too have seasonal affective dis. etc, but never was 'diagnosed.' I just know I feel like garbage and perform poorly in the winter. I live in the north, but my destination is where it is sunny. I grew up in the mid west, moved to NYC for my career, and have to stay for now for obligations. But will not spend the rest of my life here. I know that sunshine makes me feel good.

I look forward to reading your stories, and coming back here for motivation

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro Puckman, I can truly tell you've read the book a few times. I couldn't have said these things better myself ... hard work, good service, and good choices! Welcome to the board!

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
thanks MJ, I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I first bought the kindle version, but I soon realized and glad your book was more a philosophy and justification for ownership, rather than a cheap 'system' typically sold elsewhere. That is why I enjoyed reading it; real experience, real advice, not an info product. I am glad you referred to Felix Denis, his books are amazing and I would put them in the same class with your book, its like the advice he would give you, if you were just talking to him in conversation. The organization he built is legendary, and I have met many folks here in media who were lucky enough to work for him before he sold.

My business is fast equaling my former salary. I look at the next six years as the hard routine, hard work, focus, etc. My primary is motivation is working so that I will not have to work, and I think this way will get me that much further.

Another great example I have for you is Markus Frind who founded Plentyoffish.com. This guy is amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...