What's new

Hello from NY/PA.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

petethepeddler

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
155
Location
PA / NY
Rep Bank
$490
User Power: 48%
Hello Everyone,

My name is Peter. I'm 24 years old and currently working as an EMT. I've been reading through the posts and stories for the past month or so and have been learning quite a bit. I got the nickname Pete the Peddler in high school because I was always selling something. I figured that would be an appropriate username for this forum.

I guess I'll tell you a little bit about my background so you know a little about me and where I'm coming from.

My first venture into entrepreneurship was a trucking business. I had just gotten out of high school and was in my first semester at the local community college. I was thinking of things I could do to make money while going to college and I figured, I had a pickup truck - I'll start a cleanup/moving company. So I started, PJ Hauling, a refuse removal and trucking company. The tag line: "Just hauling my way thru college". I did that for a couple of years, dropped out of college because I was thought I was learning more running my own business than I was in college for business. I was right and wrong.

I realized after a year or two that I wasn't going to get where I wanted to go by running PJ Hauling. So I started to look for the next business I could get into. On a side note, I learned early on that I work better for myself than for someone else. I really don't like working for someone else and making them the real money. I also should mention that from as far back as I can remember, I have had the goal of making my first million by the time I was 25.

So after looking around and researching different business ideas I didn't come up with much that the numbers worked on. My friend knew a guy who was running a firewood business and was looking to sell. I went to see the guy and find out what type of operation he had. After looking at his business I decided to start my own. The guy had a contract with a distributor who sold bundled firewood to Wal-Mart, Home Depot and several large chain stores. So I went out and got an investor and bought all the necessary equipment. Long story short it didn't work out, the investor wanted his money back and I had to sell all the equipment and go out of business before I got the business off the ground.

After a couple of dead end jobs, I worked a season at a income tax preparation office. I figured that would be a good business so the next year I opened my own office. That one would have worked but I think the location wasn't the best.

So needless to say I've had some setbacks and failures. But I'm one to learn from my mistakes and boy have I learned a great deal.

I didn't mean to write such a long post but I figured a good background would be best to start with.

So thanks for reading and thank you so much for providing a great forum.

Peter
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji getvmepi Qivis. +tqiif gus tjesoph zuas vuahj mittupt. Xjev esi vji qmept pux?
 
Vjeplt. O piwis miv epzvjoph hiv ni fuxp gus muph. O fup'v siemmz jewi epz qmept sohjv pux. O haitt zua xuamf tez O'n jewoph "ofie-cmudl". Jewip'v guapf vji piyv coh vjoph ziv. O'wi ciip muuloph. Apgusvapevimz O en e wisz epemzvodem qistup epf O vipf vu uwis vjopl vjopht. Tu iwip xjip O fu duni aq xovj ep ofie, O gopf uav xjz ov xupv xusl gus ni sohjv pux. O lpux vjev O'wi huv vu tvuq vjev epf ovt tunivjoph O'wi ciip xusloph up. O'wi guapf vjev O'wi huvvip nadj nusi deavouat op vji metv duaqmi ug ziest, qsucecmz gsun nz qetv iyqisoipdit. Mowi epf miesp epf nuwi up.
 
Qivi:

Zua xuamfp'v jeqqip vu mowi pies Cophjenvup, xuamf zua? Vji sietup ot vjev vji dunqepz O xusl gus atif e dunqepz demmif QK Jeamist. O xusl gus Gejt Duptvsadvoup, og vjev jimqt. Og tu, O jumf e nupvjmz DETJGMUX heni op uas uggodi, og zua'f ci opvisitvif.

Cuc
 
Qivi:

Zua xuamfp'v jeqqip vu mowi pies Cophjenvup, xuamf zua? Vji sietup ot vjev vji dunqepz O xusl gus atif e dunqepz demmif QK Jeamist. O xusl gus Gejt Duptvsadvoup, og vjev jimqt. Og tu, O jumf e nupvjmz DETJGMUX heni op uas uggodi, og zua'f ci opvisitvif.

Cuc

Cuc,

Puqi vjev xetp'v ni. O fof mowi op Tammowep Duapvz, toy nomit gsun vji usohopem Xuuftvudl Gitvowem tovi. Pux O'n ecuav 45 nopavit gsun vjisi pies Meli Esoim, QE. Cophjenvup ot ecuav e juas ep e jemg gsun ni. O'mm liiq vjev op nopf vjuahj. O'n emxezt aq gus e fsowi.

Qivi
 
Hsiev opvsu Qivi, ov't hsiev vu jewi zua jisi.
 
Hsiev opvsu. Ximduni.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom