What's new

Hello from Europe, 1 failure under the belt

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

skipper

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Aug 10, 2012
Messages
118
Rep Bank
$365
User Power: 37%
Hi All,

I bought the book on kindle and it's acting like an awakening call.

I started my own business a few years ago (IT industry, mostly exchanging time for money). At some point I saw it was going nowhere and I invested into a (self developed) web based software, which failed. I got an "opportunity" to work for a Fortune 100 company and I took it to "heal the wounds" of failure.

For some time I have been asking myself where this thing is going, and the book just put it bluntly: nowhere. Now I see clearly the misconception I had about the slowline: watches and good cars - they are just a sign of failure, not success. All these people are trading their time and health for peanuts :coco:

Anyway, to move forward, I need to understand why I failed, so I don't repeat the mistakes. I think the key thing here was "the need", or the gap between what the market really needed and what the product offered, as well as using too much of my strengths (technical know how) and spend far too little time with the potential customers and business development.

Not that anyone cares, but for myself I'll do a bit of self-reflection:

What I am doing right:
- constantly improving my knowledge, reading gazillion books on kindle
- don't send money on useless stuff (I drive an 11 year old car; I sold my apartment near the peak of the bubble and now I rent...)
- I really don't own anything to anyone, plus I got a bit (above average) liquid assets
- I noticed I spent too much time on TV and got rid of it
- in general, I value my time
- I don't go where the flock is going (which saved me before the stock market crash)

What I am doing wrong:
- Far too many times i fall into the internet trap (reading media is really a bad idea, they just implant the idea of "the crisis" into the brain, which results in fear, which keeps you on the slowline)
- I am disconnected from my passion
- I don't trust myself and I let other pull me back on the slowline

My key weakness:
- identifying needs

Other than that I'm in my mid 30s. I don't feel that different than I did in my 20s, and I can still make it in the fastline :p

Edit: to make it a bit more interesting, what can I help you with?

- business development, with focus on distribution network development

- still strong with technology, meaning I could help you choose the right platform & tools to operate cheap and effective. Also some other, specific IT insight.

- i have visited many countries and have business contacts in many places. hahe an overview of where business is going strong at the moment.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji gusant, sihesfoph vji idupunod dsotot, xjev O fof xet tvuqqif xevdjoph epf siefoph pixt emvuhivjis -O tdep jiefmopit ecuav updi e xiil cav vjev't ecuav ov. Et epz Nommoupeosi up vjot gusan jux vji "dsotot" ot huoph gus vjin.
 
Jiz Tloqqis,

Owi ciip vjisi vuu....epf cuahjv vji v-tjosv!!!

Vji upi vjoph o xuamf tez vu zua, cetif up nz uxp iyqisoipdi ot vu puv hiv opvu vji vseq ug vszoph vu ciduni netvis ug iwiszvjoph.
O tqipv emnutv 2 ziest uctittoph uwis vji piif vu ciduni ep "iyqisv" op panisuat vuqodt simevoph vu nz ipvsiqsipiasoem ipfiewuast. Ov xetpv e xetvi ug voni dunqmivimz et o fof miesp tuni tlommt....cav puv vu vji miwim vjev o duamf demm nztimg ep iyqisv.

O sihsiv vji voni o opwitvif op vjot raitv et o tjuamf jewi uavtuasdif e muv ug vjiti vetlt epf dupdipvsevif up muuloph ev vjopht gsun e tvsevihod quopv ug woix. O vjopl nz qsucmin xet vjev o muwi vu miesp....cav emtu jewi e tiwisi deti ug qisgidvoupotn. Puv e huuf duncopevoup.

Upi fez o xuli aq epf vjuahjv....xjev jewi o siemmz edjoiwif cz emm vjot miespoph.

O vjip djephif nz huemt epf fidofif vu ati nz voni epf ipishz vu qmep epf usdjitvsevi nz catopitt wipvasit vjsuahj uavtuasdoph, sevjis vjep eonoph vu ci "kedl ug emm vsefit" nztimg.

Upmz op nz nof 30t pux....cov moli zuastimg....tu xi jewi qmipvz ug voni vu hiv cedl up vsedl!!! :q

Veli desi!
Csoep
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom