The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Australia !

LeonardoB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
May 31, 2017
Australia
Hi guys,

I suppose its time for an introduction, if I want to start taking the steps towards the fastlane seriously.

Im 27 from Australia. I've always had a passion towards entrepreneurship even though I never knew what that word meant ! I remember ordering t shirts from Alibaba back when I was about 16 and then taking them to the local markets and trying to sell them, haha good memories even though I did not make a dollar !

Basically got raised in the typical working class family in a working class part of town with the mentality of "go to school, study hard, go to university and get a good job". Academically I was never challenged nor interested as majority of the content delivered was not something that would benefit me in the real world (at least my opinion). That being said I dropped out a year earlier from high school as I wanted to get into the workforce and start making money. Which I did and was extremely good at, from a young age straight out of high school I started working in logistics, from the very bottom I progressed from your basic warehouse staff towards team leader then supervisor and finally manager of the warehouse. I was very proud of myself as it was extremly hard to get to where I was over the years and being the youngest in charge. After that I progressed to a much larger company where I too worked my way up reaching the top, however further promotions would need a university degree in management. At this point I knew this is not something I would want to do for the rest of my life and did not see it feasible to devote going to university for a few years for a job that I knew I will once again reach my limit and still have to rely on "promotions".

So I moved into the construction industry as I seen this a great way to learn a new trade and also make some great money. Money was the prime motivator, and immediatly I began to love it. Once again a few years went by and I realised I was at the cross roads. I had the money but no time or energy to live my life. Before this I was a very active person which loved health and fitness, I used to box that was my hobby and outlet. Due to the heavy labour work and extreme long hour I had no time anymore to do the things I loved that made me feel like a human. This really affected my life because I began to feel trapped, even though I was alive I knew I wasn't living. Something had to change !

After a lengthy time of self reflection and working out where I want to be, I knew that I wanted to do something regarding health, which I ended up enrolling to do a bachelor degree in nutritional medicine which I am in my first year and love it. For the first time in my life it feels great to finally invest into my self. The only down fall now is that there is absolute minimal money but plenty of free time !

Hence why I am here, a few months ago I read the fastlane millionaire and absolutely loved it for what it was, there was no BS it was simply the cold hard truth ! I'm inspired and feel this way of life is achievable - I never had this outlook on life before or even thought such a thing was possible as I have mentioned previously I was never trained to think or view the world in this way mostly due to my surroundings and where I grew up. Basically I am here now to try and absorb as much knowledge as I possibly can to make this my reality ! Already having read a few threads I can see gold on here and a few mentors !

Looking forward to the journey any tips and adivce will be greatly appreciated !

Once again cheers and my apologies for the long post !

Leo B.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Oi! Where are ya from bloke? I'm typing this from SA.
The only down fall now is that there is absolute minimal money but plenty of free time !
That's ok, some people believe that freedom is more important than money. You've got the best part, now go and get the fun part. Do you have ideas brewing already? I bet you do. Do you like ice cream? [/inside joke]

Hence why I am here, a few months ago I read the fastlane millionaire and absolutely loved it for what it was, there was no BS it was simply the cold hard truth ! I'm inspired and feel this way of life is achievable - I never had this outlook on life before or even thought such a thing was possible as I have mentioned previously I was never trained to think or view the world in this way mostly due to my surroundings and where I grew up. Basically I am here now to try and absorb as much knowledge as I possibly can to make this my reality ! Already having read a few threads I can see gold on here and a few mentors !

Well, you're in for a treat. Now you've had a taste of freedom, when the money comes you'll be having a ball. Plenty of good advice and ideas have been discussed. Think of this place as the magic pudding book that just keeps on writing more words no matter how many you consume. A veritable fountain of philosophy and a mountain of money will spring from what you learn here. Not many forums on earth like this one.

my apologies for the long post
It's not very long but long posts are common - no need to apologise. Welcome aboard.

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
Yeah, where you from? Newcastle here. Hows that entrepreneurial mind gonna go when you have memorise mind numbing facts at uni? I feel the pain, I'm 4th year civil eng/business.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LeonardoB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
May 31, 2017
Australia
Oi! Where are ya from bloke? I'm typing this from SA.

That's ok, some people believe that freedom is more important than money. You've got the best part, now go and get the fun part. Do you have ideas brewing already? I bet you do. Do you like ice cream? [/inside joke]

Well, you're in for a treat. Now you've had a taste of freedom, when the money comes you'll be having a ball. Plenty of good advice and ideas have been discussed. Think of this place as the magic pudding book that just keeps on writing more words no matter how many you consume. A veritable fountain of philosophy and a mountain of money will spring from what you learn here. Not many forums on earth like this one.

It's not very long but long posts are common - no need to apologise. Welcome aboard.

Haha thats awesome, I'm from Sydney !

Correct ! a few ideas brewing which I will be get cracking onto soon as examination period is over for this semester.

Thanks for the kind words mate appreciate it !

LeonardoB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
May 31, 2017
Australia
Yeah, where you from? Newcastle here. Hows that entrepreneurial mind gonna go when you have memorise mind numbing facts at uni? I feel the pain, I'm 4th year civil eng/business.

Im in Sydney mate. Haha don't even start with that, I'm in my first year and got 2.5 more to go.

After almost 10 years of being out of school and working full time I have completely forgotten how to study, just my luck my first semester included 2 units of chemistry and biology ! Hence why all my "entrepreneurial plans" have had to take a seat.

Awesome that means your finishing this year or is it a 5 year degree ?

ColbyG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 19, 2017
Newcastle, Australia
Im in Sydney mate. Haha don't even start with that, I'm in my first year and got 2.5 more to go.

After almost 10 years of being out of school and working full time I have completely forgotten how to study, just my luck my first semester included 2 units of chemistry and biology ! Hence why all my "entrepreneurial plans" have had to take a seat.

Awesome that means your finishing this year or is it a 5 year degree ?
Geez that must be tough. I had 3 years off study and found it hard going back. Yeah I've still got 18 months left. Cannot wait to get out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...