The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! From a guy with mindset issues :)

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well during these difficult times.

I am Enrique from Santiago, Chile.

I had my FT event like a year or so and read both TMF and Unscripted .

I am into business intelligence and everything that has to do with using technology so that companies can serve their customers better.

Last year I tried to develop chatbots (robots that chat with customers, give info and fulfill orders) for different companies. But my problem is on my mindset... I really really suck at selling and showing the value of my services to my prospects. I feel very uncomfortable talking about prices and selling in general...and the imposter syndrome gets me bad.

So my chatbot project failed. I had a few meetings with companies, some of them never called and others told me yes...and then never called back.

Now I developed a script that lets companies embed a videochat application into their websites so that they can talk directly to a sales person. I think during these times, it's a good idea, but I am afraid I will fail again if I continue with my current mindset.

Cheers to everyone!
Stay safe!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
I think it's great that you know that your problem is your belief system. I suggest you educate yourself on how to re-program your mind so you can realize that you are the creator of your life.

start with youtube and follow the white rabbit!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

But my problem is on my mindset... I really really suck at selling

Indeed. You've established "suck at selling" as an identity. Identities are hard to move, especially when you've accepted it as one.

Why not just say, "I'm not good at selling, but I'll get better."

The few sentences above probably encompasses all the reasons why you cannot make traction.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Hi everyone!

I am into business intelligence and everything that has to do with using technology so that companies can serve their customers better.

Last year I tried to develop chatbots (robots that chat with customers, give info and fulfill orders) for different companies. But my problem is on my mindset... I really really suck at selling and showing the value of my services to my prospects. I feel very uncomfortable talking about prices and selling in general...and the imposter syndrome gets me bad.

So my chatbot project failed. I had a few meetings with companies, some of them never called and others told me yes...and then never called back.

Now I developed a script that lets companies embed a videochat application into their websites so that they can talk directly to a sales person. I think during these times, it's a good idea, but I am afraid I will fail again if I continue with my current mindset.

Cheers to everyone!
Stay safe!
Your talent is programming. I know this is not what you may want to hear but how about don't try to sell. Instead hire a sales guy or get into online marketing. Focus on what you're good at it.

Last edited:

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
I think it's great that you know that your problem is your belief system. I suggest you educate yourself on how to re-program your mind so you can realize that you are the creator of your life.

start with youtube and follow the white rabbit!

Thank you! Will do!

Any good video recommendations?

Last edited:

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Welcome to the forum.

Indeed. You've established "suck at selling" as an identity. Identities are hard to move, especially when you've accepted it as one.

Why not just say, "I'm not good at selling, but I'll get better."

The few sentences above probably encompasses all the reasons why you cannot make traction.

It's amazing how our identities define us and our lives without us even being aware of it. Thank you for the insight, MJ!

Will work hard to change my mindset and that damaging belief.

Thanks again!

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I really really suck at selling and showing the value of my services to my prospects.
I'm sure you don't mean you can't talk about the value of your product & services.
Otherwise why would you create them?

I feel very uncomfortable talking about prices and selling in general.
Then don't sell, treat your meetings/calls as a consultation that they asked you to solve a problem.

No expectations, no pressure.

Show them how their business will be so much better with the solutions you found.
Speak from your heart, enthusiasm is infectious.

Don't talk about price then, say you're an inventor not a money man, ask what's it worth to them.
If there's a comparable product on the market, double the price, be audacious, value is perception, you're not there to sell anyway, you just want validation for your products & get them salivating at the potential for their business.

I know it's all easier said than done, so start with low risk situations, role play with friends & family until you feel more comfortable.

And when you contact companies, explain that you want to explore how your product can help business & want their feedback, make it a low pressure situation for them too.

Asking questions how they do things, what difficulties they have & what improvements they want will help you relate your product specifically to them and let them make the realisation rather than you telling them.

Start with companies that you aren't in love with, not the ones you dream of dealing with, a low risk situation for you because you're building confidence & managing your expectations, and when your expectations are zero you'll never be disappointed.

So now you're not selling, you're solving problems, helping people.

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
I'm sure you don't mean you can't talk about the value of your product & services.
Otherwise why would you create them?
I don't mean that.
I mean that I am not comfortable with the situation of asking for money for my services. I can talk about the value of my services with friends, girlfriend or family. However, I don't think I am good persuading business owners to pay money for them.
Imposter syndrome kicks in..."If I am not the best in the world on what I do, why would they pay me for them?" That's the kind of thoughts that get into my mind from time to time.

Then don't sell, treat your meetings/calls as a consultation that they asked you to solve a problem.

No expectations, no pressure.

Show them how their business will be so much better with the solutions you found.
Speak from your heart, enthusiasm is infectious.

Don't talk about price then, say you're an inventor not a money man, ask what's it worth to them.
If there's a comparable product on the market, double the price, be audacious, value is perception, you're not there to sell anyway, you just want validation for your products & get them salivating at the potential for their business.

I know it's all easier said than done, so start with low risk situations, role play with friends & family until you feel more comfortable.

And when you contact companies, explain that you want to explore how your product can help business & want their feedback, make it a low pressure situation for them too.

Asking questions how they do things, what difficulties they have & what improvements they want will help you relate your product specifically to them and let them make the realisation rather than you telling them.

Start with companies that you aren't in love with, not the ones you dream of dealing with, a low risk situation for you because you're building confidence & managing your expectations, and when your expectations are zero you'll never be disappointed.

So now you're not selling, you're solving problems, helping people.

Woow!

I have been one day in this forum and I already have got tons of value from it.
Top comment. I appreciate it very much.
I will definitely try your approach.

Thank you!

benuck621

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 23, 2019
Austin Tx
Hi everyone!

Cheers to everyone!
Stay safe!
I always look at selling as "solving a problem" the price some one is willing to pay is directly related to the pain it eases. The next time you try and sell someone on a product, talk about their problems in relation to your solution.

When I first started, I would always go straight for the kill and spent no time talking with the potential buyer about them and their problems. As I figured it out I realized a few things

1) People care about their world first, Listen first always!

2) If you woke up in their shoes and your product dose not solve their problem don't sell try and sell it but still listen. Even though you don't get a sale out of the deal you build trust and that trust often transfers into a recommendation to their friends.

3) Ask for the sale when you get to "That's Right" when you hear your customer agreeing with the solution don't be afraid to ask for the sale. NOTE: "That's Right is totally different than "yes" "ok" or "uh huh".....

I don't want to get into a list of books that you should or shouldn't read but there are a few out there worth mentioning.

Never split the difference
How to win friends and influence people
lynchpin
wolf of wallstreet- (disclaimer, this guy is an asshat but the core of the book shows how every objection is just an excuse to say no. You solve that excuse you get another chance at yes)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...