The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from a 24 year old chronic action-faker!

cjsweeten101

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 31, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey all,

24 year old guy from Salt Lake City UT, got my bachelors in Physics 2 years ago. Got turned off from the idea of going into academia, and never considered getting a real job, been kickin it on the sidewalk ha.

Spent the time since graduation learning code, android dev, data science, web dev, but have a hard time committing to any ideas!

Read the Millionaire fast lane and Unscripted , now lookin to join this community and help/ be helped by all those on the fast-lane path!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Sounds like you've got a pretty solid set of skills already. There's big fastlane potential in the web dev/SAAS space. Analysis paralysis is a real thing, and honestly all it takes is for you to jump in head-first to something and see how it goes. As MJ puts it:

Act
Assess
Adjust
Repeat

Cheers and welcome!

A1988

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hey @cjsweeten101,

Welcome to the forum! I think it's fair to say that many people have been in the position you're in. It's a good thing that you have noticed that you're an action faker. However, when you say chronic action faker, to me it seems as if you've known this for quite some time. Not good. But guess what, that can be changed! You need to stop putting yourself down and realize that you have accomplished things that others haven't - physics degree (which isn't an easy subject btw) along with learning code. There are many people out there still "kicking it" on the sidewalk and will continue to do so. You, on the other hand, have taken a step forward. Now, take what you have accomplished and use it to create value in other peoples lives.

I'm relatively new to this forum, but I can tell you that there are so many threads that can seriously change your life (and your mindset). Personally, I would start off by reading @IceCreamKid " The Astonishing Secrets" Gold thread. It's a powerful gem!

Good luck with everything!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend and thanks for the intro!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.