The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlane!

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!

My name is Matthew and I'm currently an undergrad majoring in Communications at a university in Canada.

I discovered this forum after reading a wonderful article on a successful "drop-ship" business that earned a man ~$100k a month (supposedly). When I read a few posts on this forum, I knew I had to sign up because of how friendly and successful so many of you are.

I'm young, tech savvy, have a good amount of time on my hands, and hungry to learn something new and hopefully take my career and financial situation into my own hands! If anyone can shoot me some tips or guidance as a head start, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Matthew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Since my initial post, I've become absorbed with The Fastlane. I picked up have already finished reading the book. I can definitely say I did not feel like this was a scam or useless sales jargon, wrapped up in a pretty package. I feel like I've come away with words of wisdom and a strong set of guidelines to follow. I've done some thinking and based on many factors, I believe my fast lane is somewhere on the internet.

I've been getting inspired by the work of others on this forum who are working in the field of apps, and I am mulling over some needs that an app can address or satisfy many people with. There's a few things I am unsure of at this moment. One is about HOW your app gets on Apple or Google's respective marketplaces. I know it's a competitive field right now, so it can't be as simple as making and submitting your app for sale. Is there a qualification stage?

If I decide to take the plunge into this area, I would look into outsourcing my app plans to a developer to make for me, as I've already read a few other users having done so.

Any input on this is really appreciated!

Matthew

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Does anyone think that the Apps market is over saturated already, and or becoming saturated?

TMF states that if you see everyone buying you should be selling. If you see everyone selling, you should be buying.

Everyone is making Apps right now, so that says to me that I should NOT be creating an App right now...

Instead I should be producing something that _____Fill in the Blank_____ Apps, once all of the apps have been created....Because no one is producing THAT...They are all producing APPS.

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
Does anyone think that the Apps market is over saturated already, and or becoming saturated?

TMF states that if you see everyone buying you should be selling. If you see everyone selling, you should be buying.

Everyone is making Apps right now, so that says to me that I should NOT be creating an App right now...

Instead I should be producing something that _____Fill in the Blank_____ Apps, once all of the apps have been created....Because no one is producing THAT...They are all producing APPS.

Good point; that is something that crossed my mind when I began thinking of this route. I specifically remember his analogy of, "during a gold rush, don't mine for gold, sell shovels". It makes a lot of sense. The only hint of appeal in joining the app developer side is that it's not a strict commodity...there is still room for new ideas/apps. On the flip side, everyday that goes by, potential ideas are exhausted, making the act of releasing a popular app even more difficult.

I'll continue to mull it over because as the book suggests, the internet is A+ and as a young, tech savvy guy with a decent amount of free time on my hands, I need to take advantage somehow and find my fast lane.

Edit: In addition, there can't be nearly as many app developers as it may initially seem. I think I will research some numbers because each year, the mobile phone user base, specifically smartphones, is increasing dramatically. The mobile platform in general certainly looks to be the way of the future.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Everyone is making Apps right now, so that says to me that I should NOT be creating an App right now.

I think we aren't at that stage yet. Even with saturation, if you build/create a great product and word spreads, saturation becomes less of a factor.

Welcome Matt.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
^ I agree.

In another year or two you may be better off selling shovels but for now I think there's still a good opportunity there. I'll gain more experience in this within the next week or two when my first app is released. I also think that if you want to sell "shovels" you'll be much better equipped and respected if you've already released some successful apps.

It may look like everyone and their mother is producing apps but the individuals on here do not represent the masses. Many more consumers than producers atm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...