The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone

christianr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 17, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi there everyone. I am new to this forum and thought that I would introduce myself. My name is Chris Roos and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I also just wanted to say that this is an AWESOME Forum :notworthy:. I have been skulking around a bit reading some of the posts and have found it to be a fantastic resource. It has certainly provided some much needed motivation for me to get my own plans rolling.

Thank you to all the contributors and I look forward to reading lots more and hopefully even contributing to the forum as my knowledge and experience grows.

Regards
Chris

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to the fastlane Chris! :Welcome: What sector of business are you interested in pursuing?

christianr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 17, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Welcome to the fastlane Chris! :Welcome: What sector of business are you interested in pursuing?
Thank you Lamboman.

My current Focus is building a subscription based online information business for wealth creation information pertaining specifically to the South African market. This will be my main focus for income generation right now. Furthermore, I am also in the process of Demo Trading a Forex Account with ODL Markets while I learn to ins and outs of Forex Trading throught their support network.

The Long Term plan is that both of these sources of income will allow me to begin investing in Real Estate which if all goes according to plan will become my "career" so to speak.

That's my story in a nutshell.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the boards Christian!

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Thank you Lamboman.

My current Focus is building a subscription based online information business for wealth creation information pertaining specifically to the South African market. This will be my main focus for income generation right now. Furthermore, I am also in the process of Demo Trading a Forex Account with ODL Markets while I learn to ins and outs of Forex Trading throught their support network.

The Long Term plan is that both of these sources of income will allow me to begin investing in Real Estate which if all goes according to plan will become my "career" so to speak.

That's my story in a nutshell.

I think you have a great idea about starting something related to the South African market. For me, South Africa is "exotic". I would very much like to hear your ideas so if you have an interest in sharing your thoughts on the matter then please do. I know I will be hooked on discussing the matter:). You have a great possibility to charge good money and at the same time deliver very high quality value in deed. I mean, the place sells itself.

christianr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 17, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I think you have a great idea about starting something related to the South African market. For me, South Africa is "exotic". I would very much like to hear your ideas so if you have an interest in sharing your thoughts on the matter then please do. I know I will be hooked on discussing the matter:). You have a great possibility to charge good money and at the same time deliver very high quality value in deed. I mean, the place sells itself.
Hi there Fanocks.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I do agree, South Africa is really great, even though we do have our own problems at times. Then again, which country is completely without problems hey?

I would be really interested in sharing some of my ideas here and have some input from all the inspirational people on this forum. Much of my idea is still on the drawing board, but I have set myself a deadline of the end of September to have my website up and running and "open for trade" by then. My feeling is that once it is up and running I can then spend some time tweaking it.

The purpose of the website is to provide clients with an online store of information regarding various topics relating to wealth creation. I aim to split the site into different categories such as Investing, Forex Trading, Business Creation and Real Estate Investment etc. The website will then provide information in the form of articles, videos, podcasts and e-books pertaining to these different topics. All information products will be specifically tailored to the South African markets, and will include practical examples from our market as well.

A potential client will then be able to subscribe to the website for a monthly fee. There will be three or perhaps four different levels of membership, each with a unique set of "products". The "Platinum" level of membership for example will include a Book of the Month, which will be mailed to the client as well as a weekly email listing some really awesome investment real estate deals. I have already negotiated a distribution deal with one of the major Book Retailers here in South Africa for the book of the month deal and I am currently partnering with a Real Estate Investment Firm that supplies me with leads on good "Buy to rent" investment properties.

This brings me to the next source of revenue for the site. I will be building into the site a concept called ALP's or Approved Local Suppliers. This will be a list of local suppliers of Investment, Finance and Business Services with whom I will establish either advertising contracts or perhaps an arrangement where I get a kick-back on any leads that I provide to them through my website. I am really open to suggestions in this regard as I am still a bit fuzzy regarding advertising etc.

This is the basic idea behind my online business. As I mentioned, I still have alot of work to put into it, but I am keen to get it up and running so that I can test the market response to it.

Any suggestions or comments will really be appreciated.

P.S. I loved the section of the forum on Mindset and Motivation etc. I found that section especially to be a healthy kick up the a$$ for me and I am now committed to get this thing done. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to that section. REALLY AWESOME STUFF!!

christianr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 17, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Thank you terencechang,

I hope to learn something from you as well. At this point in time I am an empty glass in this forum, but I will do my best to learn as much as I can and help wherever I can.

Regards
Chris

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.