The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone!!

GHVan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Hi my name is George. I was introduced to this forum by my cousin and thought it was very interesting. I decided to become a member to help others in my realated field, and gain more knowledge from others to help me learn to grow my business to another level. I'm in the Real estate business in Vancouver, Canada and within the last few years I have increased my Real estate portfolio significantly. I look forward to network with other members and be a part of this fantastic community.

Thanks!

George

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome! Always glad to have another real estate investor aboard here!

Which aspect of real estate do you focus on? What are you currently holding? Do you buy SFHs, apartments, or commercial real estate? Do you rehab and flip, or do you hold for cashflow?

We'd all love to know more! Thanks, and once again, welcome!

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Welcome George! I, too, am a realtor and investor here in California! Share more information with us as to what type of RE you prefer....looking forward to hearing from you!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello George .... thanks for joining and introducing yourself ... lots of RE Investors here so I'm sure you'll fit right in!

GHVan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for the reply! I mainly focus on SFH's and currently holding 2 fix and flips and 1 spec home that I'm currently building. I'm currently buying fix and flips but now i'm thinking about buying revenue properties because our market has been slowing down. I'm looking to invest in other area's possibly San Diego. How is your market in NJ?

GHVan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks for the reply!! I invest in SFH's that are Fix and flips and also build spec homes. I'm currently looking at investing in San Diego and possibly other area's in the US. Our market in Vancouver has been showing signs of slowing down and price reductions. I just want to make sure I don't get cought in a market swing. Again, thank you for the reply and lets keep in touch!

George

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Thanks for the reply! I mainly focus on SFH's and currently holding 2 fix and flips and 1 spec home that I'm currently building. I'm currently buying fix and flips but now i'm thinking about buying revenue properties because our market has been slowing down. I'm looking to invest in other area's possibly San Diego. How is your market in NJ?
Gotcha. Are they being held because they aren't selling, they're rented, or they're still being worked on?

The RE market here is very expensive. There are, however, a few exceptions in the urban areas around here such as Newark and Jersey City. I'm not sure I'd want to have to manage properties in some of those areas, though. Unfortunately, it is in those areas that you are most likely to find a property that cashflows.

SFHs in my immediate area usually cashflow negatively each month, even up to a few thousand dollars. Rents are expensive, but comparitively not expensive enough for the high selling prices. I don't think we've been affected as significantly by the mortgage crisis as much as areas in say, the Midwest, but there is certainly a noticeable amount more of foreclosures.

For a new investor to this market, it's probably easier to make money off of a rehab than a buy & hold. With that said, it would still require a lot of capital to get started.

Our market is pretty tough to get into. I'm convinced there's money to be made in it -- I just haven't found out how yet. (Luckily, I have time.)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome, George, from another REI.:fastlane:

GHVan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Hello George .... thanks for joining and introducing yourself ... lots of RE Investors here so I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I think this a fantastic site and hopefully my past and present experiences can be of benefit to others!

Thanks again!

George

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.