The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone from México

Raúl Gallegos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 16, 2014
My name is Raúl and I am from México. I have read MJ books several times and have been stalking the forum for some months.
I come from a wealthy family, it was easy for me to understand TMF because my great grandparents were fastlaners, my grandparents slowlaners and unfortunately my parents are pure sidewalkers, it was like MJ was describing three generations of my family.

I was taught to be a sidewalker: good grades, top 5 in my class, graduated with honors from one of the most prestigious universities in México and my reward for achieving all of this was a BMW M3 and an Euro trip. When i started looking for a job I noticed how privileged I was, I didn't like the idea to work 12 hours almost every day for 1/10 of what I had been receiving from my parents, but i still did.

The first time I read TMF , tbh, I didn't understand too much of it. I was still a freshman with thought of girls taking all my brain´s space. But after failing sticking to a job 6 times, I read it again and it was quite revealing. I understood the situation within my family: my parents have high paying jobs but their expenses are higher, my grandparents are always coming to the rescue.

And I noticed that my family stability hangs by a thread: my grandparents. Both are 82 years old and I fear the day when they are not with us, because that would mean no more rescue for us. At first I tried to show my parents what would happen if we do not stop wasting money, my grandparents are not going to save us for life and they are not going to have their high paying jobs secured either. Unfortunately, they have the sidewalker mindset deep into their brains. Every time i tried to reason with them, they turn hostile.

so I decided to do something about it. I grounded myself: I reduced all my expenses but food and gym. No more partys, no more restaurants, I sold my xbox, I only use my car once a week, I moved to my grandparents. I decided to invest my time building my money tree. I only go out of my room for food and to go to the gym. My parents think I am crazy, my friends make fun of me while they have their jobs with huge potential. At least my grandparents support me.

I wanted to make my comfort zone small enough, so i had no choice but to break out. I still have some privileges, when I read how MJ started I knew I started way better than him so I have no excuses.

my experience so far:

I had a company with some schoolmates, failed horribly, the only one executing was me . I had another company with a cousin, failed by the same reason(wantrepenuers). I started importing goods from china, little profits. I was halfway making a website about a famous videogame( League of Legends) but I noticed i would have 0 control, I saw how many streamers and websites where banned by the game's owners from overnight.

I have been learning app developing for some time now, I have observed that many solutions come short in my country. I want to solve them.

I like Web and App developing because right now we have a difficult time in my country. It is not safe trying to be an entrepenuer, maybe it is one of my BS, but it is not that uncommon to be kidnapped, extorted,robbed or even killed if you have visible assets and money. Some family members and acquaintances have had bad luck.

So any advice is welcomed. I will be more active in the forum and will read your posts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Raúl. Sounds like you've made some great first steps, and that you have a pretty strong gift of foresight.

Pretty interesting that your family has money yet encouraged you to walk on the sidewalk. One would think your parents would have learned from their own parents, but I guess not. I've read that generational wealth is largely a myth, and that by the 3rd generation it is typically squandered. I guess this is case in point.

dani710networker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jun 26, 2019
My name is Raúl and I am from México. I have read MJ books several times and have been stalking the forum for some months.
I come from a wealthy family, it was easy for me to understand TMF because my great grandparents were fastlaners, my grandparents slowlaners and unfortunately my parents are pure sidewalkers, it was like MJ was describing three generations of my family.

I was taught to be a sidewalker: good grades, top 5 in my class, graduated with honors from one of the most prestigious universities in México and my reward for achieving all of this was a BMW M3 and an Euro trip. When i started looking for a job I noticed how privileged I was, I didn't like the idea to work 12 hours almost every day for 1/10 of what I had been receiving from my parents, but i still did.

The first time I read TMF , tbh, I didn't understand too much of it. I was still a freshman with thought of girls taking all my brain´s space. But after failing sticking to a job 6 times, I read it again and it was quite revealing. I understood the situation within my family: my parents have high paying jobs but their expenses are higher, my grandparents are always coming to the rescue.

And I noticed that my family stability hangs by a thread: my grandparents. Both are 82 years old and I fear the day when they are not with us, because that would mean no more rescue for us. At first I tried to show my parents what would happen if we do not stop wasting money, my grandparents are not going to save us for life and they are not going to have their high paying jobs secured either. Unfortunately, they have the sidewalker mindset deep into their brains. Every time i tried to reason with them, they turn hostile.

so I decided to do something about it. I grounded myself: I reduced all my expenses but food and gym. No more partys, no more restaurants, I sold my xbox, I only use my car once a week, I moved to my grandparents. I decided to invest my time building my money tree. I only go out of my room for food and to go to the gym. My parents think I am crazy, my friends make fun of me while they have their jobs with huge potential. At least my grandparents support me.

I wanted to make my comfort zone small enough, so i had no choice but to break out. I still have some privileges, when I read how MJ started I knew I started way better than him so I have no excuses.

my experience so far:

I had a company with some schoolmates, failed horribly, the only one executing was me . I had another company with a cousin, failed by the same reason(wantrepenuers). I started importing goods from china, little profits. I was halfway making a website about a famous videogame( League of Legends) but I noticed i would have 0 control, I saw how many streamers and websites where banned by the game's owners from overnight.

I have been learning app developing for some time now, I have observed that many solutions come short in my country. I want to solve them.

I like Web and App developing because right now we have a difficult time in my country. It is not safe trying to be an entrepenuer, maybe it is one of my BS, but it is not that uncommon to be kidnapped, extorted,robbed or even killed if you have visible assets and money. Some family members and acquaintances have had bad luck.

So any advice is welcomed. I will be more active in the forum and will read your posts.

Well Raul nice to hear some one from Mexico, I must admit is hard to believe the wealthy people dont understood the meaning of the wealthy, well buddy just the time can make your parent understood, nothing more to say, have a great day my nearly friend.

Nenemalo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2019

my experience so far:

Hello Raul, I understand you completey I am from Mexico too, from Puebla, I write in english because someone can benefit from this hopefully haha I understand your pain man, my story is pretty similar to your story, here in Mexico there is so much corruption, crimes and dangers that is insane, i am doing everything to move to the US forever , I was pretty priviliged too, I think I did not have the same money as you but my sister went to Tec de Monterrey and most of my friends had money so I got you , I am 20 and now I have a full time income online, but still I lost all my friends because of that , I just go to the gym and do my business, I have not found no one that is familiar to this topic, I actually went to university but graduated super early haha , my friends used to talk about weird businesses and super outdated stuff or businesses without potential, so I got you on that.

I guess we are not alone haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...