Hey Fastlaners! I'm busy reading the book for the second time now and it inspired me to come here and check the forums. :seeya:
I recently graduated from the university of Stellenbosch with a bachelors degree majoring in finance. Throughout my last few years at college I started googling "how to make money online" and have tried out a ton of different things so far, none of which have been really profitable.
I am currently staying with my parents (really want to move out), and trying to get some sort of fastlane business going. So far I have tried to rent out websites to local businesses such as dentists. I can get them ranking pretty easily but its been really hard for me to sell.
Other than that, I've been doing web design jobs from time to time to make some money but I still feel like I haven't made anywhere near what I should be making by now.
I have applied for a couple marketing related jobs so that I'm at least making some sort of cash until I get my business to be profitable, don't want to be a complete sponge.
I am also thinking of getting into online reputation management as this is quite new and hardly anyone offers it locally.
I feel my story is pretty similar to MJ's and his success is what drives me.
Being your own boss is hard! It's all on me, no college professor telling what to do, no boss telling me how I can improve, just me. I've been struggling a lot with motivation and taking action. It's pretty hard to stay positive when it hits you that 6 months have gone by and that you haven't made much progress.
But I'm trying to shake off the loser attitude and keep fighting till something starts working. Who cares what anyone else thinks, I'm gonna make this happen somehow.
Hoping this forum can be a place that helps with developing the right attitude to be successful.
Gotta get rich or die trying!:hammertime:
I recently graduated from the university of Stellenbosch with a bachelors degree majoring in finance. Throughout my last few years at college I started googling "how to make money online" and have tried out a ton of different things so far, none of which have been really profitable.
I am currently staying with my parents (really want to move out), and trying to get some sort of fastlane business going. So far I have tried to rent out websites to local businesses such as dentists. I can get them ranking pretty easily but its been really hard for me to sell.
Other than that, I've been doing web design jobs from time to time to make some money but I still feel like I haven't made anywhere near what I should be making by now.
I have applied for a couple marketing related jobs so that I'm at least making some sort of cash until I get my business to be profitable, don't want to be a complete sponge.
I am also thinking of getting into online reputation management as this is quite new and hardly anyone offers it locally.
I feel my story is pretty similar to MJ's and his success is what drives me.
Being your own boss is hard! It's all on me, no college professor telling what to do, no boss telling me how I can improve, just me. I've been struggling a lot with motivation and taking action. It's pretty hard to stay positive when it hits you that 6 months have gone by and that you haven't made much progress.
But I'm trying to shake off the loser attitude and keep fighting till something starts working. Who cares what anyone else thinks, I'm gonna make this happen somehow.
Hoping this forum can be a place that helps with developing the right attitude to be successful.
Gotta get rich or die trying!:hammertime:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
