The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everybody!

Justin079

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Dec 20, 2013
Hi all,

Been lurking on here a while and thought it time to make an introduction. I read MJ's excellent book and wish i could have done so 12 years ago!. It would have saved me so much wasted time and money but i found that book and this forum eventually, so all good!

A little about me: i'm from the uk, i work in construction as a plasterer which i have done pretty much since i left school. I've always been someone that wants to get on in life, after all as far as i'm aware we're only here once right?

I decided at 23 after buying my house (with mortgage) to go into the plastering business for myself, as i had watched the guy i worked for go from having just 2 of us working for him to 80+ guys and all the trappings a successful business brings.

Hind sight being the wonderful thing it is, i was too young and wet behind the ears. I made some nice money and got up to 6 guys working for me when i was nearly wiped out by a contractor i worked for who ripped me off for a lot of money.

So i went back to my old boss but this time as a self employed trade which means i work for different companies as and when i'm needed.

I began to build up some money again and discovered books like rich dad poor dad and 4 hour work week. I began to look for ways to make extra money on the side and decided stock trading was perfect!. Again the wonders of hind sight strike again as i was seduced by expensive courses over weekends taught by 'guru's' and cue me losing more money on the markets through following bad advice and training.

Around this period the recession hit and although it's been tough i have managed to scrape through it. I ended up with a little credit card debt but still kept hold of my house which i have some nice equity in.

Despite all this i remain optimistic for the future, and mj's book has really helped me in looking at how to approach anything i start up in the future. I have no idea at the moment where i will start but i don't think i'll be doing any online courses that promise the earth and give nothing.

One good thing also is i have seen how guys in my industry get trapped in their businesses as has happened to my old boss. I don't mind getting stuck into something for a few years but there has to be an end goal. That's what i like about MJ's book and it seems to be his philosophy and that of the great men and women on here.

So thank you if you've taken the time to read this and i hope to get know some of you here a little better and wish every one here the best of luck with their ventures! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
One good thing also is i have seen how guys in my industry get trapped in their businesses as has happened to my old boss

Yeah it's good to know, you gotta look at the exit plan before you start a business. The small cafe you start today will be a run down cafe that you cant give away and your breaking your back to make an income in 20 years time. Same for most small businesses

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...