The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everybody! :)

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
Hey I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself, and tell everybody my situation and see if anybody out there can relate to it..I am almost 24 years old, I have been trying to become a successful entrepreneur for about 4 years now but haven't really had a good run of things because I haven't have anybody to really talk with about this stuff and get guidence until I found this forum. I have tried to start an e-commerce site but it was dealing with dropshippers and I aborted the site before it launched because the further I got with the site the more I kept realizing I really don't know if dropshipping is a dependable source to run a successful business online. (Any input on dropshipping anybody) Along the way I did learn a lot about taxes and business entities so it wasn't a complete waste of time.. Basically, I am working a job that pays enough to survive on but always feel that being an entrepreneur is what I truley want to do. I can't wait to start chatting with all of you guys and learning as much as I can about entrepreneurship :wave:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Welcome! There are lots of smart folks around here...read all you can!

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
I have been reading a ton these past few days... I love this forum because I feel like I finally found a group of people that feels the same way I do about money. So many people I am around don't understand my thinking because they always seem to just say "oh ok" or some type of negative response when I say I am going to start a business and try to actually make real money. I am going to continue to work like everybody else until I finally find that right thing to make me serious cash then I will have the confidence to quit my day job and solely be an entrepreneur. I have soooo many questions about the entrepreneur world and I am really hoping I can get some guidence through this forum and then as I become experienced I will help others achieve success financially

songwriter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 25, 2010
Hi Brian, nice to meet you. I am a new member as well. I have to say, I am quite impressed that you are thinking of ways to make more money at the age of 24. I am 35 now, and when I was 24 I was just enjoying life and never thought about money or my future. My immature thinking at 24 has lead to a less than desirable life at 35. I really commend you for getting started early. I look forward to hearing how things work out for you. Good luck!

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
songwriter, thanks i appreciate the compliment... I have watched my parents struggle all their lives because of the way they handled money in the beginning of their marriage and have learned a lot from that so to me saving money and trying to invest in ways to make more money and live a comfortable life is very important. I am getting married in the next couple years and I really feel like I want to be a great provider for my future wife and be able to start a family and not stress over making the bills every month. I really am wanting to get into e-commerce to start my business ventures due to not having a ton of money to get started...any advice guys?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Brian great to have ya. Don't let failure stop you -- the are mere detours to where you are going.

Desert_NM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 25, 2010
New Mexico
Welcome to the Fastlane! I am also new here and I have already learned a TON! And I'm sure you will too! Good luck on the road to millions. :wave:

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
What is maslows 10%??
I tried to find a good thread to take you to but could not find any that summed up what I meant. A few years back Russ gave a presentation during one of the B&P meet-ups that dealt with Maslow and his theories. And at this year's get together there was a little more in depth discussion on the topic.

What I was referring to is that it appears that you think differently than the masses, just like the majority of people here (the 10%). One member here on the forum calls it "the disease". And he claims it is contagious. Let's hope so.

For more you can search the forum threads and google for Maslow. It is actually quite fascinating.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...