The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hell. I am new here.

Michael Ten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 14, 2013
Earth
I bought the book a few weeks ago. I've read a lot of it.

I've been trying to start an online business for the last 7 years about. I'm going to keep at it until I either die of old age or have significant success.

Hi! :heartbeat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Welcome. Nice heart.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
7 years is a long time. Elaborate more about your successes and failures?

Welcome to the forum!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Hi there...definitely elaborate on your attempts, and also how hard/how much time you put into these. Would be interesting to know and learn from. Good luck and keep shooting for the top.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
Welcome to the forum! What type of online business were you interested in? What have you learned from your failures? What are you going to do differently in your next online venture?

Michael Ten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 14, 2013
Earth
I've mostly been trying to earn money with AdSense over the last few years. I think in the book, that is referred to as being a passenger. I think that I need to change it.
I've also been trying to sell art through Etsy.
I've been working on a membership site recently.
I've also dabbled in affiliate marketing.
I've had minimal success with all of this.
Over the last seven years I have worked at various jobs and obtained two degrees (in psychology).
I need to change some things and fast or else I'm going to be working another 9-5 job again probably fairly soon.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
I need to change some things and fast or else I'm going to be working another 9-5 job again probably fairly soon.

There's nothing wrong with working a 9-5 while working on your business on the side. Once you figure out the changes you need to make in your business, executed them AND when revenue covers your bills then you could quit. Of course the real test would be once you have a 9-5 if you are disciplined enough to work on the business 6 to 10 and on weekends. This is part of the process. Also try to focus on one thing at a time. Work on improving, testing and executing.

Joe2013

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 11, 2013
San Diego
Hello All,

I am new here as well working a 7-5 :(, not sure where 9-5 went, but I am here to learn and free myself from this job. I am looking forward to connecting with others on here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...