The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Healthy eating- My grocery list

G

GuestUser8117

I have made a radical change in my diet in the last month. I need to lose weight and have a lot more energy. I started to get results already. So here I will write exactly all the food that I buy at the grocery store. The point of this post is to remind you and me that a good diet(and exercise of course) is the foundation of good health and vibrancy. So here it is :

Avocado, mango, Bananas, pineapple
Organic eggs
Almond milk and soya milk
Cereals
Butternut
Eggplant
Mushrooms
Green vegetables: green pepper, spinaches, cucumber, celery, salad, asparagus
Wild salmon and shrimps
Brown Rice
Tofu
Tomato sauce
Red tomatoes
Pastas
Olive oil
Garlic and onions
Olives
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
Nuts
Cheese (not every week)
Thai sauces

I believe you can cook good food with all those things.

I mostly cut the meat. Feel free to suggest anything! It' not complete yet, but I'm sure if you eat these foods you will feel much better than if you eat a big steak with french fries lol.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
All those foods are fine and dandy....but it's all about portion control as well.

Protein in each meal. Always.

Use a tdee calculator:
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

And if your real serious about getting lean and fit and healthy weigh your food.

Sounds crazy at first but it becomes habit/second nature like anything..,,

Pre make your portions.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Protien:

Chicken/turkey
Salmon(in moderation)
+ low Mercury fish
Red meat once a week
Carton of egg whites(most bio available protien)....surprising. To drink down cold.

Carbs:
Ezekiel bread (toasted is tastiest) - ez bread is one of the best carbs in the world.
Quinoa(awesome and so many recipe variations
Other grains(Google healthy grains)
Red potato
Sweet potato
Brown rice
Quinoa/millet/brown rice/kamut pasta

Veggies

Broccoli
Asparagus
Kale
Romaine
Lettuce
Etc etc

Extra virgin olive oil
Apple cider vinagar
Frank's hot sauce(zero cal)

You can come up with amazing meal plans with the above. Just a matter of planning.

Protien shake:

-1 scoop protien powder:
Buy New Zealand grass fed protien powder(vanilla)
-Half cup egg whites(from carton)
-half cup quick oats
-1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
-top up with water for proper consistency

^^^^great healthy meal replacement any time really. Filling too. Put in a Gnc shaker and shake vigorously and let sit few min to soften up. Amazing and quick.

Can replace olive oil with one tablespoon of ORGANIC peanut butter for amazing taste and proper fats.

Again....portion control is key.

Eat these foods and the ones u listed and use tdee calculator and proper portions and you won't be hungry and you cannot go wrong.

G

GuestUser450

...Feel free to suggest anything...What do you think?

My personal results:

For weight loss: Intermittent fasting+knowing and hitting macronutrients (eating in a smaller time window and then meeting nutritional basics)

For overall health: Lower carb/higher fat (research continues to suggest that unburned sugar leads to inflammation and disease)

Combining both has helped me get fitter (according to my bloodwork and my mirror). I do very limited gym work 1-2/week. I try to avoid fast/frozen/boxed food.

So...lots of vegetables.

I'd be lying if I said I don't eat pizza/pasta/go to pie snob on the weekends with friends, but it's less and less as I know how bad I feel after.

The low carb-high fat thing is annoyingly trendy, but there's no book or course to buy.

Google macro calculator to find your numbers. Eat what you already have, just according to what your goals are.

G

GuestUser8117

My personal results:

For weight loss: Intermittent fasting+knowing and hitting macronutrients (eating in a smaller time window and then meeting nutritional basics)

For overall health: Lower carb/higher fat (research continues to suggest that unburned sugar leads to inflammation and disease)

Combining both has helped me get fitter (according to my bloodwork and my mirror). I do very limited gym work 1-2/week. I try to avoid fast/frozen/boxed food.

So...lots of vegetables.

I'd be lying if I said I don't eat pizza/pasta/go to pie snob on the weekends with friends, but it's less and less as I know how bad I feel after.

The low carb-high fat thing is annoyingly trendy, but there's no book or course to buy.

Google macro calculator to find your numbers. Eat what you already have, just according to what your goals are.

Awesome. Thanks! I'll check the macro. But we need to eat carbs. Our brain works on carbs...

G

GuestUser450

Awesome. Thanks! I'll check the macro. But we need to eat carbs. Our brain works on carbs...
And herein lies the issue with discussing health on a forum: I know what works for me and my brain; that's what I shared.

You should test and know for sure what works for you.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
we also run on fat too

One of the biggest mistakes I see with calorie counting is people cutting out fat. I personally have always kept a higher fat calorie intake over higher carb due to fat calories roll in general hormone and bodily functions

G

GuestUser450

we also run on fat too

One of the biggest mistakes I see with calorie counting is people cutting out fat. I personally have always kept a higher fat calorie intake over higher carb due to fat calories roll in general hormone and bodily functions

Yeah there's a weird movement of fasting/fitness just for aesthetics that is worrisome. It seems like guys are starving and then bingeing on junk to their caloric limit (IIFYM) for... the instagram/pua community? I dunno.

I worry about long term health, mostly cardiovascular issues first.

Vitom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2016
Virginia Beach
Yeah there's a weird movement of fasting/fitness just for aesthetics that is worrisome. It seems like guys are starving and then bingeing on junk to their caloric limit (IIFYM) for... the instagram/pua community? I dunno.

Yessss, especially for a workaholics, Circulation and heart issues are going to pop up if you don't have a healthy routine.

I know the Kinobody dude preaches intermittent fasting. I personally think it is just a fancy word for starving yourself.

G

GuestUser450

I know the Kinobody dude preaches intermittent fasting. I personally think it is just a fancy word for starving yourself.
I think there's value in IF, since it works for me, but there's danger in using junk to hit your macros. You end up looking healthy, but probably causing long term damage.

I think Kinobody is a just version/copy of Leangains, which is mostly clean - but he's taken his YT channel and brand to a level LG never did.

Nomadic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jan 16, 2016
A lot of these posts depend on what you are eating for. Aesthetics? Health? Weight maintenance? You're going to get a lot of different opinions because everyone's opinion of "healthy" can be different, and on top of that, everyone's body is different. In the end, figure out what works for you and your body and stick to it. The IIFYM approach works for a lot of people who are naturally and genetically hard gainers.

However, no matter your goal, I would take cereal out of your list, and add more protein. I have tried cereal after cereal, looked at all of them, and maybe I'm just missing some of them but I have found that they are all packed full of sugars or a handful of other processed ingredients that do nothing but make you feel like shit.

Last edited:

Nomadic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jan 16, 2016

The point may be valid, but you have to remember, a lot of people worried about aesthetics, couldn't give two shits about health. Lol they eat the way they do to look great. Not to live long.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
This is a great way to look at it, but as another member mentioned it really all comes down to calories. Every system is just a way of manipulating that.

I am pretty sure that IF works well for some folks because it allows them to eat how they want to, just fewer times per day. I have never made the conscious decision to use IF, but when I cut out refined sugar (especially), and some of the other processed ingredients, I find myself simply not hungry until later - so the window shrinks to fit what some might call IF.

It's just another variable though, IMHO.

I think in the end it all comes down to eating in a way that you would increase your health and happiness the longer you stick to it. There is a lot packed into that simple statement, but the fact is we are all on a "diet" already and it will be that way every day until we are dead.

G

GuestUser8117

Also, Tim Ferriss mentions in the 4 hour body, that eating 2 tablespoons of almond butter on celery sticks before bed tend to eliminate "feel like shit" mornings. This is a big problem for me. I can't feel good and refresed when I wake up. I'll try it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.