The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

have a doubt in Web development?

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Hello and I am new to this forum and my name is Harsha Vardhan I'm from India.
so recently only my friend and i have started a web development business and we're doing pretty normal at sales and selling stuff and one thing..
that I want advice from you guys is that like how do you get clients for your web development business cause the way that I see the whole picture is we need to have soo
many contacts in order to run web development company cause we only had 1 Client only and were dried off we made around 100$ and even i made only around 20$ from that money so what do you guys do to get the clients cause were only dependent on local connections only and we want to improve and make some good money..
Please give me any suggestions that would really help me in sales or selling or even marketing my business..!
Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted8v369

Hello and I am new to this forum and my name is Harsha Vardhan I'm from India.
so recently only my friend and i have started a web development business and we're doing pretty normal at sales and selling stuff and one thing..
that I want advice from you guys is that like how do you get clients for your web development business cause the way that I see the whole picture is we need to have soo
many contacts in order to run web development company cause we only had 1 Client only and were dried off we made around 100$ and even i made only around 20$ from that money so what do you guys do to get the clients cause were only dependent on local connections only and we want to improve and make some good money..
Please give me any suggestions that would really help me in sales or selling or even marketing my business..!
Thank you.
Have you tried Fiverr? That's where I usually go to get small IT jobs done.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
1. Shortlist 100 service based businesses in your area. Try finding the decision maker's phone for each of them, for plumbers and whatnot it's usually the only phone they have so it should be easy.

2. Call all of them and state with confidence that you can bring them more leads/potential clients every week than what they currently get.

3. When they ask "how?" say it has to do with digital marketing, don't overwhelm them with information they don't currently need.

4. Propose a date and place to meet to discuss this further.

5. Get some results for them - like increasing the amount of clients a plumber in your area gets by improving their website SEO or straight up creating a new site for them if their current one is garbage / they don't have one. You really have to put in the work here regardless of what you'll be paid.

6. When done right, you now have 1 happy local plumber who thinks you're a magician.

7. Call 100 more plumbers (from another area) and leverage the results you already got for the local plumber.

Last edited:

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
1. Shortlist 100 service based businesses in your area. Try finding the decision maker's phone for each of them, for plumbers and whatnot it's usually the only phone they have so it should be easy.

2. Call all of them and state with confidence that you can bring them more leads/potential clients every week than what they currently get.

3. When they ask "how?" say it has to do with digital marketing, don't overwhelm them with information they don't currently need.

4. Propose a date and place to meet to discuss this further.

5. Get some results for them - like increasing the amount of clients a plumber in your area gets by improving their website SEO or straight up creating a new site for them if their current one is garbage / they don't have one. You really have to put in the work here regardless of what you'll be paid.

6. When done right, you now have 1 happy local plumber who thinks you're a magician.

7. Call 100 more plumbers (from another area) and leverage the results you already got for the local plumber.
Don't know for sure cold calling works for web development?
have you tried it?
I tried cold calling for my marketing agency but didnt work well for me..!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Don't know for sure cold calling works for web development?
have you tried it?
I tried cold calling for my marketing agency but didnt work well for me..!

Yes, I have an execution thread here and that's what I did to find my first clients for web design.

Cold calling is not something you just "try", it's something you learn. I sucked at first, but now I can provoke an interest response and arrange meetings with business owners.

It can be done, but you have to go through 10-50-100 calls until you feel more confident and assertive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.