The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

have a doubt in Web development?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Harsha Vardhan

New Contributor
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Hello and I am new to this forum and my name is Harsha Vardhan I'm from India.
so recently only my friend and i have started a web development business and we're doing pretty normal at sales and selling stuff and one thing..
that I want advice from you guys is that like how do you get clients for your web development business cause the way that I see the whole picture is we need to have soo
many contacts in order to run web development company cause we only had 1 Client only and were dried off we made around 100$ and even i made only around 20$ from that money so what do you guys do to get the clients cause were only dependent on local connections only and we want to improve and make some good money..
Please give me any suggestions that would really help me in sales or selling or even marketing my business..!
Thank you.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Yzn

A. Russell

Contributor
Jun 2, 2020
Thailand
Hello and I am new to this forum and my name is Harsha Vardhan I'm from India.
so recently only my friend and i have started a web development business and we're doing pretty normal at sales and selling stuff and one thing..
that I want advice from you guys is that like how do you get clients for your web development business cause the way that I see the whole picture is we need to have soo
many contacts in order to run web development company cause we only had 1 Client only and were dried off we made around 100$ and even i made only around 20$ from that money so what do you guys do to get the clients cause were only dependent on local connections only and we want to improve and make some good money..
Please give me any suggestions that would really help me in sales or selling or even marketing my business..!
Thank you.
Have you tried Fiverr? That's where I usually go to get small IT jobs done.

Simon Angel

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016
1. Shortlist 100 service based businesses in your area. Try finding the decision maker's phone for each of them, for plumbers and whatnot it's usually the only phone they have so it should be easy.

2. Call all of them and state with confidence that you can bring them more leads/potential clients every week than what they currently get.

3. When they ask "how?" say it has to do with digital marketing, don't overwhelm them with information they don't currently need.

4. Propose a date and place to meet to discuss this further.

5. Get some results for them - like increasing the amount of clients a plumber in your area gets by improving their website SEO or straight up creating a new site for them if their current one is garbage / they don't have one. You really have to put in the work here regardless of what you'll be paid.

6. When done right, you now have 1 happy local plumber who thinks you're a magician.

7. Call 100 more plumbers (from another area) and leverage the results you already got for the local plumber.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Harsha Vardhan

New Contributor
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
1. Shortlist 100 service based businesses in your area. Try finding the decision maker's phone for each of them, for plumbers and whatnot it's usually the only phone they have so it should be easy.

2. Call all of them and state with confidence that you can bring them more leads/potential clients every week than what they currently get.

3. When they ask "how?" say it has to do with digital marketing, don't overwhelm them with information they don't currently need.

4. Propose a date and place to meet to discuss this further.

5. Get some results for them - like increasing the amount of clients a plumber in your area gets by improving their website SEO or straight up creating a new site for them if their current one is garbage / they don't have one. You really have to put in the work here regardless of what you'll be paid.

6. When done right, you now have 1 happy local plumber who thinks you're a magician.

7. Call 100 more plumbers (from another area) and leverage the results you already got for the local plumber.
Don't know for sure cold calling works for web development?
have you tried it?
I tried cold calling for my marketing agency but didnt work well for me..!

Simon Angel

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016
Don't know for sure cold calling works for web development?
have you tried it?
I tried cold calling for my marketing agency but didnt work well for me..!
Yes, I have an execution thread here and that's what I did to find my first clients for web design.

Cold calling is not something you just "try", it's something you learn. I sucked at first, but now I can provoke an interest response and arrange meetings with business owners.

It can be done, but you have to go through 10-50-100 calls until you feel more confident and assertive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom