The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Happy to have found this network, a hello

ChrisHjorth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 24, 2023
Hi everyone, my name is Chris, got curious about this forum after it was mentioned repeatedly in the millionaire fastlane book, which I really enjoyed!

I’m born Danish and grew up in Italy, to complete university back in Denmark again, so my background culture is split between these two even though I don’t fully identify with any nation. I’d prefer if we all just skipped ahead to when earth is one concept in a wider universe focused on progress instead of multiple competing backyards. I have been a nomad since 2017 as a pretty intense consultancy for UN World Food Programme made me realize that the entire world is easy to travel and I have no problem not having a fixed base. Plus it comes with tax optimization benefits if one is so inclined.

Currently writing from Medellin. I move every month or two.

I’ve never had a traditional employment as I learned programming as a teenager, lucky to be in a school named after Olivetti computers the relic, and immediately learned I could freelance my building skills. Needed to fund my snowboarding and partying. Plus I have always had an aversion towards people telling me what to do. So that is how I have found myself becoming an entrepreneur, although learning the hard way as I was never exposed to useful mentors.

I did complete university. Dropped out of an Italian computer science one as professors were semi-corrupt and anti-independent thinking. Found a Medialogy (Media-Technology) bachelor + masters in Denmark instead and started over, this time loving it. Funded my student lifestyle freelancing as a web developer, so when uni was done instead of looking for a job I naively created one for myself by founding a app development agency with a friend of mine.

I have since co-founded multiple tech startup attempts from little Denmark, one of which still snailing the fundraising route where I am still a passive minor shareholder. I left after we got to break-even eventually, supported by a couple of rounds of some very patient angels, as I got headhunted for the UN opportunity and I couldn’t say no to trying to build products in places like northern Uganda, South Sudan, Tajikistan and Madagascar among others.

The UN was not for me and it left me even more critical of institutions. Since 2019 I have been taking it more easily consulting as product manager focusing on early stage tech startups as that is where the most bad decisions with highest impact are made. While I cannot tell people what will end in success, I know a lot about what will most definitely not and how to get onto a process that maximizes learning.

My learnings from this long life process is that what I love is building things, mainly systems. Credits probably go way back to Lego, plus my mom giving me access to internet in rural northern italy in the middle of the 90s and not worrying about me dismantling and rebuilding the house tech. The other thing she did was to introduce me to investing in stocks, which I dived into when I turned 18 (2002). I used to joke that my MacBook Pros as a student have been free as I bought them with money made from flipping apple stock.

So what now?

Still figuring things out. Sharing my knowledge while refining what my next venture shall be. Venture as in value generating business, not as in fundraising dependent hyped up app. I’m an extremely good problem solver but I need free time to research and build, so I have a roadmap of various projects that will break me free from the rat race at first, so I can focus freely and fully on large problems I care about such as global education (not schooling), ease of entrepreneurship, free food (I’m a fan of Maslows Hierarchy model). First step is a paid course on how to use Elliott Wave analysis to improve ones investing game, minimizing losses and even predicting the market, because I need to stop consulting and this is the fastest cash flow solution I can think of. Plus it’s actually highly valuable to learn. Past that I’ll start actually building minor platforms I have in mind (I have good experience building digital marketplaces) and then move to the more fun+crazy ideas that require more capital and research.

I’m into snowboarding, wakeboarding and surfing although lately it’s quite rare. Avid reader. Heavy metal, punk and dark wave music. Traveling the world with my girlfriend and exploring food, culture, modern/contemporary art and history. I love a game of chess via chess.com provided it’s a 3 day time to move as I only dedicate asynchronous time.

Always up for a chat if you think we have something in common or if I have some knowledge that could be useful to you.

Have a good one.

- Chris

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro, thanks for doing it. Welcome aboard.

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Hi everyone, my name is Chris, got curious about this forum after it was mentioned repeatedly in the millionaire fastlane book, which I really enjoyed!

I’m born Danish and grew up in Italy, to complete university back in Denmark again, so my background culture is split between these two even though I don’t fully identify with any nation. I’d prefer if we all just skipped ahead to when earth is one concept in a wider universe focused on progress instead of multiple competing backyards. I have been a nomad since 2017 as a pretty intense consultancy for UN World Food Programme made me realize that the entire world is easy to travel and I have no problem not having a fixed base. Plus it comes with tax optimization benefits if one is so inclined.

I’ve never had a traditional employment as I learned programming as a teenager, lucky to be in a school named after Olivetti computers the relic, and immediately learned I could freelance my building skills. Needed to fund my snowboarding and partying. Plus I have always had an aversion towards people telling me what to do. So that is how I have found myself becoming an entrepreneur, although learning the hard way as I was never exposed to useful mentors.

I did complete university. Dropped out of an Italian computer science one as professors were semi-corrupt and anti-independent thinking. Found a Medialogy (Media-Technology) bachelor + masters in Denmark instead and started over, this time loving it. Funded my student lifestyle freelancing as a web developer, so when uni was done instead of looking for a job I naively created one for myself by founding a app development agency with a friend of mine.

I have since co-founded multiple tech startup attempts from little Denmark, one of which still snailing the fundraising route where I am still a passive minor shareholder. I left after we got to break-even eventually, supported by a couple of rounds of some very patient angels, as I got headhunted for the UN opportunity and I couldn’t say no to trying to build products in places like northern Uganda, South Sudan, Tajikistan and Madagascar among others.

The UN was not for me and it left me even more critical of institutions. Since 2019 I have been taking it more easily consulting as product manager focusing on early stage tech startups as that is where the most bad decisions with highest impact are made. While I cannot tell people what will end in success, I know a lot about what will most definitely not and how to get onto a process that maximizes learning.

My learnings from this long life process is that what I love is building things, mainly systems. Credits probably go way back to Lego, plus my mom giving me access to internet in rural northern italy in the middle of the 90s and not worrying about me dismantling and rebuilding the house tech. The other thing she did was to introduce me to investing in stocks, which I dived into when I turned 18 (2002). I used to joke that my MacBook Pros as a student have been free as I bought them with money made from flipping apple stock.

So what now?

Still figuring things out. Sharing my knowledge while refining what my next venture shall be. Venture as in value generating business, not as in fundraising dependent hyped up app. I’m an extremely good problem solver but I need free time to research and build, so I have a roadmap of various projects that will break me free from the rat race at first, so I can focus freely and fully on large problems I care about such as global education (not schooling), ease of entrepreneurship, free food (I’m a fan of Maslows Hierarchy model). First step is a paid course on how to use Elliott Wave analysis to improve ones investing game, minimizing losses and even predicting the market, because I need to stop consulting and this is the fastest cash flow solution I can think of. Plus it’s actually highly valuable to learn. Past that I’ll start actually building minor platforms I have in mind (I have good experience building digital marketplaces) and then move to the more fun+crazy ideas that require more capital and research.

I’m into snowboarding, wakeboarding and surfing although lately it’s quite rare. Avid reader. Heavy metal, punk and dark wave music. Traveling the world with my girlfriend and exploring food, culture, modern/contemporary art and history. I love a game of chess via chess.com provided it’s a 3 day time to move as I only dedicate asynchronous time.

Always up for a chat if you think we have something in common or if I have some knowledge that could be useful to you.

Have a good one.

- Chris
Hi Chris, people like you make this forum so worthy in my opinion. Young people like me (turned 18 last year) can learn from inspirational people like you. I also love snowboarding. If you ever need help with a fun idea you have and you got a task someone who doesn‘t have to much skills but want‘s to learn can solve for you, please hit me up. I want to gain experience, and learn, not interested in any form of payment though.

ChrisHjorth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 24, 2023
Hi Chris, people like you make this forum so worthy in my opinion. Young people like me (turned 18 last year) can learn from inspirational people like you. I also love snowboarding. If you ever need help with a fun idea you have and you got a task someone who doesn‘t have to much skills but want‘s to learn can solve for you, please hit me up. I want to gain experience, and learn, not interested in any form of payment though.
@jamesgatz hahaha love the energy, will keep you in mind! The best I can tell you is to start reading like there is no tomorrow if you aren’t already (maybe even do a speed reading course that focuses on comprehension and retention, not skimming) and just try launching businesses (even more important, learnings come from applying), after a couple attempts you will have so many new skills and so much knowledge unique to you, you can’t imagine.

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
@jamesgatz hahaha love the energy, will keep you in mind! The best I can tell you is to start reading like there is no tomorrow if you aren’t already (maybe even do a speed reading course that focuses on comprehension and retention, not skimming) and just try launching businesses (even more important, learnings come from applying), after a couple attempts you will have so many new skills and so much knowledge unique to you, you can’t imagine.
I am already doing the reading part! the first book I started reading which heads into the direction I am going was (cliche alert) rich dad poor dad. Stopped about 50 pages in when I realized that he probably made his first big check from that book. I wanted to learn from people that made their freedom with what they are teaching me. This is how I got into the millionaires fastlane. Then I read the great rat race escape . Now I am reading Atomic Habits and after I have how to make friends and influence people, how to sell anything to anyone and think big waiting on my shelve. Those are books I imagine as a good foundation but after I think I want to start read books I need to read in the situation I am to solve problems I have. Do you have any recommendations for books that are also great as a general foundation and not just for specific situations?

ChrisHjorth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 24, 2023
I am already doing the reading part! the first book I started reading which heads into the direction I am going was (cliche alert) rich dad poor dad. Stopped about 50 pages in when I realized that he probably made his first big check from that book. I wanted to learn from people that made their freedom with what they are teaching me. This is how I got into the millionaires fastlane. Then I read the great rat race escape . Now I am reading Atomic Habits and after I have how to make friends and influence people, how to sell anything to anyone and think big waiting on my shelve. Those are books I imagine as a good foundation but after I think I want to start read books I need to read in the situation I am to solve problems I have. Do you have any recommendations for books that are also great as a general foundation and not just for specific situations?
@jamesgatz many books in the self help/wealth/money category are full of self promotion, doesn’t mean all information is useless, you just need to have a strong personal filter. I find it helps knowing what you are looking for before starting a book. This is also why I recommend just starting creating something of potential value to others at some level, whether it be business ideas or simply toying around with some new technology or area of interest. Super important to share the creations as well. The problems to solve and the interactions will show you what next to read.
As foundation I found the books by Robert Greene (mainly laws of power and mastery) very useful. But all the reading only becomes experience if you have somewhere to apply the knowledge which is why creating and sharing is the main hack.

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022

So what now?

Have a good one.

- Chris
Welcome aboard Chris :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!