CosmicMind
Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Ok Guys I just got back from the gym and I do a lot of thinking in between my sets. And I thought to myself: How were people happy 2,000 years ago when we didn't have any of the Junk we had today? Then it hit me. TRUE happiness is something internal that flows outward. Not something that flows inward from some external thing.
Then I thought about MJ's notion about freedom. And then I thought: happiness is being FREE from external influences.
What I mean about external influences I am talking about: Material items, Money, societies stupid beliefs/dogma, other people's opinion of you such as your haters and family members. Because after all happiness is NOT something that flows inward to YOU from some external thing, it's something that flows outward from YOU in your mindset.
So in other words there are different degrees of freedom. The more free we are the happier we are! I'm not talking about freedom as in money but freedom from being DEPENDENT and ENSLAVED to external influences.
Now a mindset consists of beliefs. Here is my two cents on what I think a happy mindset is:
1. Contentment: Being happy with what you have. And realizing that you don't need anything more to live a happy you!
2. Embracing positive emotions: Confidence, Joy, Love, Compassion, understanding.
3. Realizing that we humans are all the same: Yeah a big fat lady and a victoria secret model is quite different but we are all human beings. And each of us is just this tiny piece of the whole.
4. High self esteem: realizing that you are important. Here again self esteem is your OWN opinion of you. In other words in flows from YOU outwards not from OTHER people's opinion of you. Other people's opinion of you is called others-esteem not self esteem. Alot of self esteem problems come from EXTERNAL things such as family members opinions of you and et al.
5. Everything you need to be happy is FREE. From the day you were born you were given everything you need. The lush green forest, the fresh water creek, the sunny sky, the beautiful desert; its all free.
Now I know i tend to hate on material items a lot but that stuff is totally OK if you are not DEPENDENT on it.
What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Just don't give a shit? Add your own beliefs/mindsets to this list because it's obviously not the said and done thing.
To conclude I think happiness is forming the UNIQUE YOU. Your OWN opinions and beliefs and NOT letting OTHERS opinion of you determine you nor letting some thing external to you determine you. Not letting EXTERNAL things form YOU. Because otherwise are you really free?
Then I thought about MJ's notion about freedom. And then I thought: happiness is being FREE from external influences.
What I mean about external influences I am talking about: Material items, Money, societies stupid beliefs/dogma, other people's opinion of you such as your haters and family members. Because after all happiness is NOT something that flows inward to YOU from some external thing, it's something that flows outward from YOU in your mindset.
So in other words there are different degrees of freedom. The more free we are the happier we are! I'm not talking about freedom as in money but freedom from being DEPENDENT and ENSLAVED to external influences.
Now a mindset consists of beliefs. Here is my two cents on what I think a happy mindset is:
1. Contentment: Being happy with what you have. And realizing that you don't need anything more to live a happy you!
2. Embracing positive emotions: Confidence, Joy, Love, Compassion, understanding.
3. Realizing that we humans are all the same: Yeah a big fat lady and a victoria secret model is quite different but we are all human beings. And each of us is just this tiny piece of the whole.
4. High self esteem: realizing that you are important. Here again self esteem is your OWN opinion of you. In other words in flows from YOU outwards not from OTHER people's opinion of you. Other people's opinion of you is called others-esteem not self esteem. Alot of self esteem problems come from EXTERNAL things such as family members opinions of you and et al.
5. Everything you need to be happy is FREE. From the day you were born you were given everything you need. The lush green forest, the fresh water creek, the sunny sky, the beautiful desert; its all free.
Now I know i tend to hate on material items a lot but that stuff is totally OK if you are not DEPENDENT on it.
What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Just don't give a shit? Add your own beliefs/mindsets to this list because it's obviously not the said and done thing.
To conclude I think happiness is forming the UNIQUE YOU. Your OWN opinions and beliefs and NOT letting OTHERS opinion of you determine you nor letting some thing external to you determine you. Not letting EXTERNAL things form YOU. Because otherwise are you really free?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
