The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Handing out Google+ invites

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Folks.... I need your email address in order to give you an invite. If you've already PMed and have not provided an email address, please do so.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Everyone has been invited so far.

So far I am liking Google+. They did a lot of things right.

A couple of things I like...

in the mobile app you have geo-location streaming - so you can see any public posts from people nearby.

circles. great way to organize who you want to share to and what you want to read.

check-ins. on the mobile app. four square meets facebook.

geo location photos.

photos from your phone automatically sync to a private folder in your google+ account, which basically integrates picasa into it. Finally found a way to make some use out of picasa.

You can edit or delete posts you've made.

You can mute a conversation.

You can reply to comments right in the notification tree.

Notification bar integrated right into the rest of google (gmail, reader, search). Google's success with this is how easy they can make it integrate into people's every day lives. Also the fact that it's easy to find and add new people. No one wants to visit a ghost town.

You can follow anyone, and anyone can follow you, but unless they are in your circle, they only see your public posts (extended circle).

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"It has at least one useful but hard-to-find privacy feature that is disabled by default. How did I stumble across this setting? Simple: I looked at the Google+ profiles of top Google executives and engineers. Every single one of them has changed this default setting...My question is: If this setting is one that everyone on Google seems to feel is important for their privacy, why isn’t it the default for the rest of us?"

What Do Google Execs Know About Google+ Privacy That You Don't

"Photographers may also find themselves on the short end of the Google+ stick due to a few clauses in the service's Terms of Service. Pointed out by online photography magazine Photofocus, the photographers abilities to make money from their photography may be greatly diminished. That is because by posting images on Google services, the photographer then gives the right to use that image in a royalty-free manner in any method Google desires."

A Closer Look At Google+ Privacy

"Here's a look at five important Google+ privacy settings that let you manage who can email you directly, how you're notified of Google+ actions, how to disable the Google+ service, and more."

5 Settings You Need To Know

"Users have discovered a loophole in Google+, Google’s newest endeavor in the social networking space. This new loophole involving the network’s "reshare" feature might lead some private posts to accidentally end in the public domain."

The First Google+ Privacy Flaw Discovered

"SURPRISINGLY CLUNKY. Yes. Google+ has a great GUI. But spend a few days trying to manage your circles and You. Will. Go. Crazy. It’s easy enough to add a few folks, but it just doesn’t work with hundreds. Too hard to manage who goes where."

5 Fatal Flaws Of Google+

"If you’re currently sharing spreadsheets, documents or presentations using Google Docs, go double-check the permissions settings of those shared docs right now. Wired.com has discovered a design flaw in the web app’s user interface that could lead users to mistakenly open up their docs to editing by anybody on the internet."

Google+ Docs Flaw

"So here in Phoenix I am subscribed to an auction-house newsletter — every once in awhile, I’ll see something that interests me and go bid. The auction has some great deals and sometimes, some NOT so great. Here’s a NOT so great deal."

Google+ Roll Out - Genius or Gimmick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Thanks for the information! Always good to know this stuff. I expect there to be flaws - it's just rolling out - and everyone needs to be aware of their privacy policy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.