The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Halffull: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (and the Next Steps)

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
Hey all,

My name is Matt. I'm a 23 year old living in Portland, OR, with a lot to prove.

The Good

I think I have a lot going for me. I'm relentlessly positive, I feel like I've overcome a lot in my life and come a long way. I'm a college dropout, but an unrelenting self-educator, and someone who doesn't just learn, but applies what he learns. I've been focused on proving myself from a very young age. My parents were always very supportive, and as a result, I've always felt that I should feel comfortable doing anything.I've become a more social, more independent, more able to focus, more of an action taker, and more organized, and I feel myself becoming more of the person I choose to be, each and every day.

Some of my current projects include:

Fast Habit Hacking: Using visualization techniques, brain drugs, and other tools, I want to get the acquisition of a new habit down to a two week window. I'm focused on this not because I want to avoid the hard work, but because I think it would be cool, it would be useful, AND I think there's some business potential once I perfect the process

Let's Do Something: A website for 20 somethings focused on giving them specific challenges, with day by day instructions to improve a specific aspect of their lives.

Self-Made Renegade: A course for people who want to learn to break into an industry WITHOUT formal education. I've done this in the education industry, and I have friends who have done this in Biotech, Marketing, Journalism, etc. This is being released through Let's Do Something.

The Junto: I mastermind group of entrepreneurially minded 20 somethings. This is just getting to the point where we're all starting to see real results, two people are raising funding, people are getting crazy valuations on their companies, others are getting internships with amazing startups, etc.

The Bad

While my parents always supported me, they've also always coddled me. A major sticking point for me has been getting away from the feeling that I always have a safety net. If I go broke, I need to be able to accept those consequences, If my business fails, I need to be able to accept those consequences. I've also been diagnosed with ADHD, and I don't think this is one of those cases of misdiagnosis. As I've gotten older, I've learned to better handle it, but it has always been an issue.

The Ugly

I am proud of many things in my life, but the following fact I am not proud of: I've never had a real "fastlane failure". I'm fine not having successes (although I'd rather a success), but the fact that I've never had a real failure is unacceptable. I've gone down a lot of roads, and I've gotten moderately far, but I've never gotten to the point where I'm selling something, and it doesn't make enough money to continue. The biggest entrepreneurial thing I've done is being a magician when I was younger, eventually creating a special show for libraries and my own "magic class". That was a great small business, and it taught me some good lessons about marketing and business needs... but it wasn't a startup. I think of myself as an entrepreneur, but I've never had a real startup failure or success... that's probably the ugliest fact about myself, and it needs to change.

The Next Steps
Let's talk a bit about what's going to happen over the next few months: Myself and my business partner are gearing up for the self-made renegade launch. We're creating launch content, looking for partners, and revamping the website. I'd say within a couple of months it should be launch time.

After that, we'll hopefully sell out all 6 spots in our self-made renegade pilot coaching program. I'll be teaching the content and holding accountable all 6 members of the program. As this is going on, my colleague will be taking the material I'm giving them and converting it into a product, which will be released at the completion of the program. He'll also be writing the blog that will be cataloging the process of these six individuals as they make their way along the journey.

In the background, as I'm coaching, I'll be working on a product and blog of my own. The working title of the blog/product is "experimental sex", and it's going to be all about how to push the limits of desire, arousal, and pleasure. How to triple sex drive, orgasm on command, have multiple orgams and full body orgasms as a man, etc. This will be launched after our self-made renegade product has start to die down. I think this product has a large chance of going viral if we sell it right.

We have a five year plan for after that, but who knows what can happen in that time.

I'll be updating my journal by simply copying and pasting my weekly updates from The Junto into my journal here (minus the stuff that's too personal or propietary). I figure I can get some more insights by posting up here, and maybe even make some new friends in the process.
Cheers,
Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...