The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Guy fakes a restaurant by selling microwave meals through Deliveroo

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

babyballer

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 16, 2018
If this is legal, then do it by all means. I personally find that some restaurants in my neighborhood actually sell microwave food.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2019
I didn't watch the video since I'm at work, but I don't necessarily think this has to be a scam. Unless he is claimming to be a restaurant he isn't or claimming the food is homemade or semthing that is obviously a lie.

In Madrid, Spain with the boom of the delivery apps there have been also popping up "blind kitchen" restaurants (I don't know if that term exists in English, but it's what they're called in spanish). They are restaurants that only have a kitchen and the exclusively sell through delivering apps. The restaurant per se doesn't exist, as you can't go there and eat.

If you think t's a scam because it's microwave food, I again disagree. There has been a boom in the industry of fifth range products (food that is already prepared, cooked and sealed). There is for sure really bad microwave food, but it's not the only kind of products you kind find. There also is a lot of high end stuff going on. And this is not only happening in the delivery apps. More often a lot of restaurants are introducing these kind of products. Have you ever gone to a restaurant and ordered something that would probably take hours to cook but it was served after a few minutes? Guess what? It was already cooked, and they just heated it.

As long as they are providing value, and it's legal, which it is at least in Spain ( I don't know about the US), what is the problem?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom