The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings!

Trav D.

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
TX
Greetings,

My name is Travis but most call me Trav. I am new to the forums and this is my first post. I have come
to these forums seeking the advice of others who have already been there and done that

A little about myself: I have been working full time in the retail/service industry for the past 12 years. I
am a master salesman as well as having experience in management and logistics. I understand business
inside and out and I know what it takes to run a profitable high volume business. I also know how to train
employees or roll up my sleeves and get in there in the trenches and flat out bust tail to get it done. The
problem is that I am extremely tired of not earning the income that I feel I deserve. So for the past 2 years
I have been fiddling around with the idea of possibly starting my own business. So I spent a lot of time
reading blogs and books and listening to podcasts and watching videos about Entrepreneurship. I also spent
hundreds $$$ on make money programs and they just never panned out. Basically it is all just the same old
re-hashed garbage misinformation advising you to write an ebook or do affiliate sales or blah blah blah.

Anyways, what it finally comes down to is that after sifting through all of the garbage and lies, I arrived at
conclusion that a web based business is the best way to go for achieving passive income.

The problem is that there are so many options:
1. Adsense sites
2. Affiliate marketing
3. Create your own info product and slap it up on Clickbank
4. Amazon review sites
5. Ebay/craigslist seller

And on and on etc...

The problem is that all of these seem to have their own flaws. Adsense sites seem to need tons and tons
of traffic just to get a little amount of money which doesn't seem worth it. With affiliate marketing the
commissions don't seem like they are enough, especially if it's from Amazon. The info product business seems
to be over-saturated already. Ebay and craigslist selling just seems like a losing battle with the small profit
margins.

Now don't get me wrong, this type of thinking is just my opinion and this is why I am here. I want to know
if I am on the wrong path of thinking about these types of income models? If so, someone please set me
straight

I am willing to work extremely hard on a web based business, but the problem is that I am the type who
absolutely hates to waste time on something that will never work. I want to at least start with something
that has potential and then I will pour my life into it.

The other problem that I have is trying to decide on a good niche. They all say to go with your passion. Well,
what is an entrepreneur to do when all he knows is retail and all he loves to do is play p*ker and listen to
music? How can those things be monetizable? I heard that Google doesn't endorse g*mbling related sites?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Trav D.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane neighbor. Sorry, I can't help you with the IM. Good luck though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...