The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from the Midwest

Austin H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 9, 2018
Minnesota
Hi all,

I listened to the book the Millionaire Fastlane and it made me realize that what I am doing is not enough if I want to be financially free while I am young. Thanks for the book and the mindset shift! @MJ DeMarco

I grew up in a small town in Minnesota and currently live in Minneapolis. I have always been very ambitious. I grew up in construction and worked on a military base in Wisconsin during the summer when I was 17 and also worked in the oilfields in North Dakota for a summer doing concrete and construction work. I used those earnings to pay for college as I graduated debt free (although I did buy a nice Cadillac with higher miles with some of the money). I started college a few weeks after I turned 16 and had my bachelors degree in accounting at age 19. I obtained my CPA license soon after when I was 20 and started full time for a large public accounting firm where I work with private real estate and construction companies.

I am the oldest of a large family and watched my parents struggle through the Great Recession and seeing the toll it took on them - selling their nice new vehicles, thinking about selling the house, arguing about money - I swore that my future family and I would never have to worry about money, which is partially why I chose accounting.

While starting my career I realized that while I was making decent money I was not accumulating much wealth. I played around in the stock market and life insurance as I had never been taught anything about investing and ended up losing some money.

It was not until I read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad that my mindset shift changed from "go to school, get good grades and everything will work out" to "how can I become financially free so I have the choice whether I want to work or not" I bought my first house at 22 and the next year started a real estate investing company that has done fairly well. It is pretty small and just contains the deals I do for myself but the future looks good. I also obtained my realtors license as well. I am currently in my fifth tax season or "busy season" and work crazy hours Monday - Saturday from January to March. April to December are a breeze but the busy season months make me crazy and I cannot wait until I am financially free.

I have built up a foundation of passive income coming in from a variety of sources, primarily real estate and then when I listened to the Millionaire Fastlane , my mind was blown and I realized how different a breed the true fastlane millionaire is. My goal before I read the book was to become financially free in 10 -15 years or so but now I have cut that goal to 5 years and have significantly increased my income and net worth goals. I look forward to contributing and reading in these forums along the way.

I still have a lot to learn but am glad I listened to the book when I did. Thanks for reading everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...