What's new

Greetings from Edinburgh

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Linde

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
May 6, 2019
Messages
4
Location
Edinburgh
Rep Bank
$150
User Power: 125%
Hi everybody,

My name is Linde. I am a Dutch neurobiologist (moved to Edinburgh, Scotland, UK) and worked as a scientist for ~10 years.

Although I very much enjoyed it (it didn’t really feel like a job, it was more like a lifestyle) and learned a lot, it took up all my time. I never had time to do other things when I wanted to or even go on a holiday. Working in a lab we get time for vacation, but nobody ever uses it all, because there is always too much work to do.

Then a couple of years ago I found out I was seriously ill and while I was still recovering from brain surgery (August 2018), my contract ended (March 2019). So that’s where I am now, a bit of a special case, maybe. The good thing is that I finally had to take a step back and review my life. I got confronted with how short life can be (luckily my surgery was successful) and realized something has to change if I want the freedom to enjoy the rest of my life the way I want it.

So, unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of energy, so my “Fastlane” is not so fast at the moment, but as fast as I can :)

My husband advised me to read The Millionaire Fastlane (he has a small business), which was very inspiring. I can’t wait to start reading “Unscripted ” as well and to start using this forum.

As a scientist, getting ideas is hopefully not a problem, but I don’t have any business experience (never worked for a company), so starting/running a business will be quite a challenge. I think this forum can help me with that and I look forward to using it. Hopefully, I can give some input myself
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hmef zua'wi siduwisif taddittgammz gsun cseop tashisz! Og zua fup'v jewi e vup ug ipishz sohjv pux, katv fu vji citv zua dep epf ci lopf epf qevoipv xovj zuastimg. Emm zua dep fu ot emm zua dep fu, sohjv? Ximduni vu vji gusan!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom