The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Belgium

TheChaoz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 24, 2009
Belgium
Hey y'all!

I've been lurking around on this forum for a while now, and I've decided that it's time to introduce myself!

So yeah.. I'm a 19 year old guy from Belgium. I'm currently employed as a video game programmer at a studio here in Belgium. Despite the sound of it, it's one of the harder areas of programming. :p

My main area of interest are technology related things, such as software & web services. Having spent the last 6 years learning a lot about computer & web programming I dare to say now that I possess enough knowledge to move on to more challenging things!
I've been interested in starting a company for a while, and I think it's finally time for me to go for it!

I recently started working on a piece of software, and I hope to have it finished within 3-6 months. I'm thinking of posting some status reports if people would be interested.

I'm looking forward to participating in this great community!

Regards,
Charles

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
Hey Charles! I'm from Belgium too. W-Vl to be precise.

Though i've got a question for you if you don't mind answering. How long does it take to learn programming? I'm not talking about being a programming guru, but just enough knowledge to create simple or advanced web apps.

Ik wil graag PHP leren en ik heb namelijk een paar ideeën voor websites die ik graag eens zou willen programmeren.

TheChaoz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 24, 2009
Belgium
Great! I'm from O-VL.

Programming is easy once you get the hang of it, but it can take a while if you have zero experience tho.

I'd aim for 3-6 months depending on how much time you can spend on learning it. If you actually focus on learning it for like 8hours a day, then I think you should be able to do it in less than a month.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
I have some experience and i could probably spend 2-3 hours a day learning.

Thanks for the reply though.
Hope you enjoy your stay.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Welcome! I'd definitely read a progress log of the program if you were to post it.

And MoneyMaka, learning to program a specific thing wouldn't take too long really. If you don't mind "hacking it together". That sounds worse than it is but it's very easy to put something working together if there isn't going to be much need to costantly be changing parts, or reusing other parts of code. The hardest part is learning all the terminology, past that putting something together will be easy once you understand the teminiology.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
Welcome! I'd definitely read a progress log of the program if you were to post it.

And MoneyMaka, learning to program a specific thing wouldn't take too long really. If you don't mind "hacking it together". That sounds worse than it is but it's very easy to put something working together if there isn't going to be much need to costantly be changing parts, or reusing other parts of code. The hardest part is learning all the terminology, past that putting something together will be easy once you understand the teminiology.
That's what i've been doing.
I just took free samples of code and attached those together by editting a few things.
The code is probably sloppy and very insecure, that's why i'm trying to learn some advanced PHP.

but thanks for the advice anyway.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Welcome charles! Good intro! you will find a ton of useful information here. :Welcome:

Hey y'all!

I've been lurking around on this forum for a while now, and I've decided that it's time to introduce myself!

So yeah.. I'm a 19 year old guy from Belgium. I'm currently employed as a video game programmer at a studio here in Belgium. Despite the sound of it, it's one of the harder areas of programming. :p

My main area of interest are technology related things, such as software & web services. Having spent the last 6 years learning a lot about computer & web programming I dare to say now that I possess enough knowledge to move on to more challenging things!
I've been interested in starting a company for a while, and I think it's finally time for me to go for it!

I recently started working on a piece of software, and I hope to have it finished within 3-6 months. I'm thinking of posting some status reports if people would be interested.

I'm looking forward to participating in this great community!

Regards,
Charles

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Charles, I'm jealous of your skills! Programming software and applications is the key to building systems, specifically, replicable systems.

Please do keep us posted on your ventures.

TheChaoz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 24, 2009
Belgium
Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope I can learn a lot here and be an addition to this community!

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
Welcome from another computer guru!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...