Hey guys,
www.unpakt.com is a great idea for the moving industry. I want to run a similar concept but I wonder if there are some areas for improvement in unpakt's business model.
Here are my concerns/questions:
1. Return customers- For a website for food such as www.just-eat.com (which is a online directory and ordering platform for food) the customers go there for an easy way to look through a variety of cuisine and for discounts. But for a moving industry business, the volume is much less. My main concern is once the website user is in touch with the mover, they'd most likely contact the mover directly. How can I make them return to use my site? Currently I see the possibility to use discounts as an incentive so that the customers don't contact the mover directly. What else?
2. Low volume- MJ may have faced the same problem. I simply don't think many people look for movers that often. At least no where near the volume of food orders.
3. Where should I advertise? Right now I'm considering obvious places like realtors, expatriate forums, where else?
www.unpakt.com is a great idea for the moving industry. I want to run a similar concept but I wonder if there are some areas for improvement in unpakt's business model.
Here are my concerns/questions:
1. Return customers- For a website for food such as www.just-eat.com (which is a online directory and ordering platform for food) the customers go there for an easy way to look through a variety of cuisine and for discounts. But for a moving industry business, the volume is much less. My main concern is once the website user is in touch with the mover, they'd most likely contact the mover directly. How can I make them return to use my site? Currently I see the possibility to use discounts as an incentive so that the customers don't contact the mover directly. What else?
2. Low volume- MJ may have faced the same problem. I simply don't think many people look for movers that often. At least no where near the volume of food orders.
3. Where should I advertise? Right now I'm considering obvious places like realtors, expatriate forums, where else?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
