The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Great examples of niche expertise wanted!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

msufan

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 13, 2013
OK fellow entrepreneurs, I've got a favor to ask here. I think one amazing way to sell a product is to market yourself as an expert in that niche, providing freebies and building a relationship with your customer base so that they think of you when it's time to buy.

One example I came across this week is in the area of massages. This guy named Denis sells massaging oils (e.g. for a romantic night with your spouse) on Amazon. But he doesn't just sell oil. The guy creates tons of free videos with massaging tips, he has a $59 massaging video series you can buy, he has a great storyline about him being the little guy who is trying to get ranked #1 on Amazon because he is so passionate about this topic, and so on.

(I'm not going to link to him because I'm afraid people will think I am Denis, which isn't the case.)

As I am now on this guy's email list, for freaking massage oil of all things, I got to thinking: what are other great examples of this that you've seen out there? Not just sales funnels (although those are interesting as well), but people who sell physical products and do so in this sort of manner, by trying to become a niche expert. (I'm less interested in people trying to teach others to make money and more interested in people doing this for physical products.)

If you have encountered any good ones, can you please share them in this thread? I would LOVE to see someone who works to be a niche expert in anything from bowling balls to dog grooming to nail polish to window blinds -- anything at all! Thank you!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock