The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grand Theft Auto VI by Rockstar Games was leaked by hacker this morning.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
This is probably the biggest leak in gaming software history, up there with Half Life 2's leak. (That one had a dramatic end with Valve luring the hacker to the company, only to be arrested at airport.) This hacker is basically going to blackmail the company and keep releasing more source code and assets over time. (NOTE: I don't recommend downloading and posting anything.)

View: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571489679534608384?s=20&t=yCauDhJxhfwhjfQvlKUiAw

Screenshot 2022-09-18 111908.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
This is probably the biggest leak in gaming software history, up there with Half Life 2's leak. (That one had a dramatic end with Valve luring the hacker to the company, only to be arrested at airport.) This hacker is basically going to blackmail the company and keep releasing more source code and assets over time. (NOTE: I don't recommend downloading and posting anything.)

View: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571489679534608384?s=20&t=yCauDhJxhfwhjfQvlKUiAw

View attachment 45190
How unfortunate. This is just what MJ was saying about people being so willing to steal intellectual property.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is likely just part of their marketing campaign to stoke the fire and get people excited before the launch.

RickRoller71

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 20, 2021
Egypt
Rockstar is a prime example of overcapitalism and squeezing every single dollar possible from an already existing product. If this is real then I hope it puts pressure on them to stop squeezing.

RedCloud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 18, 2022
UK
This is likely just part of their marketing campaign to stoke the fire and get people excited before the launch.
I also had suspicions on this. But I'm hoping that Rockstar wouldn't lie just to market their product.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
When I see this epidemic of car jacking in USA I remember this game that came to me at 12yo (older version ofc), and think what it does to the mind of kids that play probably isn't very good... Better be jumping on turtles doing shrooms, Mario was somewhat more healthy

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
When I see this epidemic of car jacking in USA I remember this game that came to me at 12yo (older version ofc), and think what it does to the mind of kids that play probably isn't very good... Better be jumping on turtles doing shrooms, Mario was somewhat more healthy
DOOM 95 has entered the chat.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

in the leaked footage, the player of the game goes into a fast food restaurant and takes innocent people as hostages at gunpoint.

I'm sure that's a great roleplay for a 12 year old...

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Rockstar is a prime example of overcapitalism and squeezing every single dollar possible from an already existing product. If this is real then I hope it puts pressure on them to stop squeezing.
I don't really look at it like that. I think they made a $$$$WEETT! Move monetizing gta online. They don't get my money but they get alot of other gamers.

On a morality note, there are studies that show these games are both terrible and not terrible so I guess ill leave that up to parents. I played these as a youth and besides making me waste hundreds of hours that I could have been building an fast lane business I didn't turn into a serial killer

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
On a morality note, there are studies that show these games are both terrible and not terrible so I guess ill leave that up to parents. I played these as a youth and besides making me waste hundreds of hours that I could have been building an fast lane business I didn't turn into a serial killer
I'm not an expert in this field, but I am sure that social media has done more damage to the human mind than all the violent videogames in history combined.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
in the leaked footage, the player of the game goes into a fast food restaurant and takes innocent people as hostages at gunpoint.

I'm sure that's a great roleplay for a 12 year old...

Yikes. This likely adds tasty fodder for the gun-grabbers, no so much the roleplay angle.

I'm not an expert in this field, but I am sure that social media has done more damage to the human mind than all the violent videogames in history combined.

X1000.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yikes. This likely adds tasty fodder for the gun-grabbers, no so much the roleplay angle.

X1000.
I believe both are true.. social media is more addicting and more widespread of course. But I won’t let my kids play these games until they’re obviously mature enough to realize how awful these things are in real life

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I also had suspicions on this. But I'm hoping that Rockstar wouldn't lie just to market their product.

Yup, just like McDonald's telling you indirectly through marketing ads that their food is healthy and good for your body.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
For a game like GTA V that has been around for almost over 9 years. Honestly, I am not quite surprised by the leak. I think it was actually bound to happen at some point.

The gaming community has been waiting for an update on GTA 6

Though I will say this Hacker is in some serious deep legal trouble, he will be found and fined for revealing intellectual property that is not his and I am sure the Feds will be find by using all the resources necessarily.

That does suck that he stole their entire source code to the game, ouch. Stealing someone's source code is like someone stealing your product idea that you would have sold to others. Meaning that now anyone can take GTA 6 and make it their own. That's over possibly 5+ years of development hours and money spent to develop this game going straight to the trash possibly if he hasn't sold the source code yet.

As a person who's majored cybersecurity, this leak will not be taken lightly. A huge investigate will take place and the best resources or companies will be hired to find this guy.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
social media is more addicting and more widespread of course.
Excessive social media usage may have the following effects on the population:
  • decreased attention span
  • encouraging consumer behavior and materialism
  • lowered empathy (read: increased psychopathy)
  • increased narcissism
  • increased perceived isolation and loneliness
  • decreased satisfaction with own's life
  • induced fear of missing out
  • increased infidelity rate
  • increased depression / anxiety rate
  • increased suicide rate

The fact that it's also highly addictive is just the cherry on top.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
For a game like GTA V that has been around for almost over 9 years. Honestly, I am not quite surprised by the leak. I think it was actually bound to happen at some point.

The gaming community has been waiting for an update on GTA 6

Though I will say this Hacker is in some serious deep legal trouble, he will be found and fined for revealing intellectual property that is not his and I am sure the Feds will be find by using all the resources necessarily.

That does suck that he stole their entire source code to the game, ouch. Stealing someone's source code is like someone stealing your product idea that you would have sold to others. Meaning that now anyone can take GTA 6 and make it their own. That's over possibly 5+ years of development hours and money spent to develop this game going straight to the trash possibly if he hasn't sold the source code yet.

As a person who's majored cybersecurity, this leak will not be taken lightly. A huge investigate will take place and the best resources or companies will be hired to find this guy.
It's been funny to hear a bit about how ruthless the parent company, Take-two, is with their legal team. Charlie from Moist Kiritkal and Mutahar from SOG making it jokingly sound like there are actual hitmen on the loose now, lol.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Update: The hacker was apparently behind the Uber hack as well.

More info: (Hacker allegedly UK teen)

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States