The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Brainstormed for about 3 months an idea of a weightlifting gym with a restaurant, since diet and bodybuilding/fitness is very interlinked. Restaurant would've had stuff like a self-blending bar, balanced meals, and either completely for free with the gym subscription, or normally priced food if you're just eating at the restaurant. Sadly, this would require way too much of a human component and wouldn't be as successful in the long run, in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Brainstormed for about 3 months an idea of a weightlifting gym with a restaurant, since diet and bodybuilding/fitness is very interlinked. Restaurant would've had stuff like a self-blending bar, balanced meals, and either completely for free with the gym subscription, or normally priced food if you're just eating at the restaurant. Sadly, this would require way too much of a human component and wouldn't be as successful in the long run, in my opinion.
asked Chat GPT for some examples and it found lifetime fitness, fitness formula clubs and some others. I confirmed that said chains do have cafes and/or other nutrition services by finding people on LinkedIn employed there.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
In any city except NYC people complain you can’t get food 24/7. So a company that can somehow deliver some good food options 24/7

farahead

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 25, 2023
Slovakia
In any city except NYC people complain you can’t get food 24/7. So a company that can somehow deliver some good food options 24/7
id love a restaurant where you just say what foods you dont like, allergic foods and what foods you like, and what would you like to eat, and they will give u food based on your inputs, so you dont have to choose something in the menu and then wonder if it was best decision, the only problem i see is with pricing

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Most of us have some ideas that we never executed and don’t plan on ever executing.

Got some of your own? List them in this thread.

Why should you do this?
Maybe someone else will solve those problems for you. Or maybe you will find some ideas that you can execute. It’s a win-win for all.

Here are some ideas that I never executed and (most probably) never will -
- An app/platform where normal people or small filmmakers can create and post their own tv-series and movies.
- An app that gifts you points for completing good habits daily like waking up early, reading 20 pages, etc. These rewards can later be redeemed for gift vouchers and other stuff.
- A social media dedicated to Entrepreneurship. It is something like this forum, but like a proper social media platform where people can interact and share ideas. It is in no way similar to LinkedIn.
- An app that tells you about famous apps for any particular country. For example: If I select France, it will show me the famous apps in France for different categories like taxi booking, metro apps, food reservation, online shopping, etc.
- A social media influencer marketing platform where we can chat with influencers and do marketing with them. Like pay them to promote posts on their account, etc.

Your reason for not implementing ideas might be anything from not having enough time, money, fear of failing or something else.

We all go through this, so don’t be hesitant.

Share your ideas below. It’s time to get creative.

Life is all about sharing. If we are good at something, pass it on. ~Mary Berry

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 9, 2020
In 2004 I was finishing my Masters degree in Warsaw, there was a bunch of nice people studying with me, from all corners of the country. I thought it's a shame that we most likely don't get to see each other anymore, so I set to create a website for us to hang out. Made a website in html, even used pictures of my fellow students for mockup accounts to visualise the idea (must still have the website somewhere on my old hard drive). But then I gave up because my lack of html programming skills :)

Eric L

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 9, 2015
Nairobi
Years back my first idea was an app that could tell how packed a gym was in real time. Stopped working on it because I was a complete beginner in coding.

Other app ideas I have are the same concept but for different places. e.g How long lines are at a airport, drive-thru, restaurant etc.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Years back my first idea was an app that could tell how packed a gym was in real time. Stopped working on it because I was a complete beginner in coding.

Other app ideas I have are the same concept but for different places. e.g How long lines are at a airport, drive-thru, restaurant etc.
Great ideas dude

StepBow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 4, 2023
USA
Most of us have some ideas that we never executed and don’t plan on ever executing.

Got some of your own? List them in this thread.

Why should you do this?
Maybe someone else will solve those problems for you. Or maybe you will find some ideas that you can execute. It’s a win-win for all.

Here are some ideas that I never executed and (most probably) never will -
- An app/platform where normal people or small filmmakers can create and post their own tv-series and movies.
- An app that gifts you points for completing good habits daily like waking up early, reading 20 pages, etc. These rewards can later be redeemed for gift vouchers and other stuff.
- A social media dedicated to Entrepreneurship. It is something like this forum, but like a proper social media platform where people can interact and share ideas. It is in no way similar to LinkedIn.
- An app that tells you about famous apps for any particular country. For example: If I select France, it will show me the famous apps in France for different categories like taxi booking, metro apps, food reservation, online shopping, etc.
- A social media influencer marketing platform where we can chat with influencers and do marketing with them. Like pay them to promote posts on their account, etc.

Your reason for not implementing ideas might be anything from not having enough time, money, fear of failing or something else.

We all go through this, so don’t be hesitant.

Share your ideas below. It’s time to get creative
My friends dad was a long distance trucker and now just does local routes but at truck stops he would pay decent money to shower and eat and he complained about how shitty they were. I bet luxury truck stops that were well maintained could do well in a bigger city. Like say if you could buy a pass for 500$ a month and there was a gym, clean showers/toilets, healthy food, and other entertainment people would be down to pay that much.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
My friends dad was a long distance trucker and now just does local routes but at truck stops he would pay decent money to shower and eat and he complained about how shitty they were. I bet luxury truck stops that were well maintained could do well in a bigger city. Like say if you could buy a pass for 500$ a month and there was a gym, clean showers/toilets, healthy food, and other entertainment people would be down to pay that much.
Sounds like a promising idea, but it requires quite a large initial investment for rent and construction of these centres.

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Sounds like a promising idea, but it requires quite a large initial investment for rent and construction of these centres.
I think as well that this is good. Not sure about how many of the truck drivers would pay for it. Huge costs if you want to build several locations. With one location to start, not that much (but still a lot for normal people).

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL

I worked on something like that for a bit many years back and was limited by publicly available data. Then, I found out some companies had access to this data, for a price, and I was a bit weirded out about the ethics of the whole thing because of what it involved.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I worked on something like that for a bit many years back and was limited by publicly available data. Then, I found out some companies had access to this data, for a price, and I was a bit weirded out about the ethics of the whole thing because of what it involved.
What ethics are you talking about?

I think this can be a really good idea, for niche audiences.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
As a 12-year old kid I dreamt up of self-service supermarkets and even created a business plan for it. Many people laughed at it back then, but today they are a reality (unfortunately I didn't take action on it due to lack of capital and inability to secure funding). It taught me an important lesson – to focus on ideas I can get the capital for easily, whether because I own it, or I have the right connections to get it.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
As a 12-year old kid I dreamt up of self-service supermarkets and even created a business plan for it. Many people laughed at it back then, but today they are a reality (unfortunately I didn't take action on it due to lack of capital and inability to secure funding). It taught me an important lesson – to focus on ideas I can get the capital for easily, whether because I own it, or I have the right connections to get it.
That’s awesome dude.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

We already have a thread like this and don't need another.

Your post has been merged into the existing thread.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
We already have a thread like this and don't need another.

Your post has been merged into the existing thread.
It's alright. I don't know how I missed this already existing thread.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
Yup :)) Couldn’t believe this.

Tech based textile that changes colour. You’ll become a billionaire in a matter of weeks once you have it working ;):rofl:
Reminds me of hyper-color - anyone else old enough to remember this? I wonder who has the trademark/copyright/rights on that? If you could just pay a Kardashian to wear it, perhaps it would become popular again.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
What ethics are you talking about?

I think this can be a really good idea, for niche audiences.
I mean companies having access to people's exact locations and time, habits, and then selling that without the people knowing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here you go, create a similar sweater...

Here's your competition, LOL. What a joke.

1687971123144.png

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 18, 2023
Here you go, create a similar sweater...

Here's your competition, LOL. What a joke.

View attachment 49756
That looks like a Minecraft sheep, just fully white.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Seed oil free sauces and condiments

Advertise on all the health and carnivore pages

Blows my mind you go to the organic store and there’s a sauce for $15 claiming it’s organic and you look and the main ingredient is canola oil

Someone will genuinely build an 8 figure company in this space and it’s not even hard, will it be you? I’m tempted

Who was the guy who made the low fodmap sauces on the forum? Does anyone remember?

Last edited:

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Aug 23, 2022
I would if someone created a library of famous tv shows / movies with all the nudity blurred out. I've watched a couple of Sopranos episodes and its very entertaining but there is way to many scenes of nude strippers.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A dashboard that tracks how much you're spending on software vs how often you actually use it.

I've wasted thousands of dollars on software that I forgot to cancel. And bigger companies are wasted much more on their software spend. For example, in cloud computing, a half trillion dollar annual industry with double digit annual growth, I've read estimates that 30% of the money is wasted. So there's billions of dollars of opportunity right there.

Companies do things like pay for bigger servers than they need, buy redundant six figure software that solves the same problem because different teams don't talk to each other, or they buy huge software solution packages when they only need 5% of the functionality.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Seed oil free sauces and condiments

Advertise on all the health and carnivore pages

Blows my mind you go to the organic store and there’s a sauce for $15 claiming it’s organic and you look and the main ingredient is canola oil

Someone will genuinely build an 8 figure company in this space and it’s not even hard, will it be you? I’m tempted

Who was the guy who made the low fodmap sauces on the forum? Does anyone remember?

This guy VanMan's Shop: Natural Health & Wellness Products No Exceptions grosses 7 figures or so in revenue selling tooth powder, lip balm, skin cream, etc and has value proposition is basically "beauty care with no toxic ingredients".

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1690731303187.png

Create a parody/satirical website of the WEF and name it the World Misanthropic Forum. Think Babylon Bee style.

This a-holes need to be marginalized as the joke they are.

And then perhaps, billionaires and politicians will stop being puppeteered by them.

rory182

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Dec 26, 2022
A dashboard that tracks how much you're spending on software vs how often you actually use it.

I've wasted thousands of dollars on software that I forgot to cancel. And bigger companies are wasted much more on their software spend. For example, in cloud computing, a half trillion dollar annual industry with double digit annual growth, I've read estimates that 30% of the money is wasted. So there's billions of dollars of opportunity right there.

Companies do things like pay for bigger servers than they need, buy redundant six figure software that solves the same problem because different teams don't talk to each other, or they buy huge software solution packages when they only need 5% of the functionality.
Spendoso - Take Control of Your SaaS Spending - A newish startup tackling this idea.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007