The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

google adwords

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
hey i just signed up with google adsense and wondering how this works exackly. What type of returns do people see as far as profiting? Rite now i have about 1000 targeted people a day coming to my site and it ends up costing me $8. Now if i have a ppc thing on there how much do they usually pay per click? Im just wondering if somehow i could ever pay for my advertising through adsense. Sorry if this question is obvious im new with all this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Adsense pays very differently depending on how you have it optimized and what niche you're targeting. Some keywords go for more money than others. You can go to adwords.google.com and look up the going rate for different keywords to get an idea. The adsense modules I used on a past site averaged a click through rate of about 2% and averaged a little over $5 per thousand visitors (CPM), but that's just one example. $3-5CPM I'd say is pretty "normal", if there's such a thing as normal in this business. There are stories out there of earning $10 a click through adsense and all that jazz, but I've personally never experienced that. If you can get $8 from a thousand visitors, you better come back and tell me how you did it!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
hey RX nothing in adwords is said about CPM, it says estimated average CPC is $2.05.
Does this mean im going to pay $2.05 everytime someone clicks into the website? damn that can go quick. Also how do i know what position i will rank when buying these keywords?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You have adwords in the title and adsense in your post. Which one are you talking about?

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Yeah Joey...by your last response I'm confused. Sorry :p are you referring to adwords or adsense? they're different adwords is where you're buying ppc ads through google. adsense is an advertising module you can install on your website to generate income when visitors click on the ads.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
I can sell you a €75 adwords coupon, which equals to $100.
Interested?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
i was confused myself i went to adwords looking for CPM but realize now that is just for adsense. PPC seems so expensive, can i sign up so others use me in their adsense ads?

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
PPC can be hugely expensive and ineffective. It can also be cheap (depending on what you consider cheap I guess) and really effective. Like anything, it takes some time to really dive in and figure it out. There are a lot of tutorials, books, etc on it.

If you sign up for an adwords account, it can be set so your ads will appear in other people's adsense ads.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
If you sign up for an adwords account, it can be set so your ads will appear in other people's adsense ads.

Yeah, but be careful! What rxcknrxll is referring to here is the Content Network. The content network is a pretty wild beast and you can end up getting a lot of untargeted, crappy visitors if you're not careful or your ads are placed on a site run by AdSense scammers.

While I sometimes use the Content Network to place my site's ads on relevant authority sites, I always manually manage placements and make sure I ONLY target authority sites.

Otherwise I use the search network. If you want to learn how to get targeted, cheap traffic from the search network, like rxcknrxll said, there's a load of tutorials out there.

I refer you to the 30 Day Challenge's AdWords videos, starting at day 19 thru 22. Thirty Day Challenge

Best of luck! If you need any more help, shoot me a PM.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Yeah, but be careful! What rxcknrxll is referring to here is the Content Network. The content network is a pretty wild beast and you can end up getting a lot of untargeted, crappy visitors if you're not careful or your ads are placed on a site run by AdSense scammers.

While I sometimes use the Content Network to place my site's ads on relevant authority sites, I always manually manage placements and make sure I ONLY target authority sites.

Otherwise I use the search network. If you want to learn how to get targeted, cheap traffic from the search network, like rxcknrxll said, there's a load of tutorials out there.

I refer you to the 30 Day Challenge's AdWords videos, starting at day 19 thru 22. Thirty Day Challenge

Best of luck! If you need any more help, shoot me a PM.
definitely true. You can control where your ads are displayed. I would recommend diving into ppc, because it's a great tool. that said, great tools are just that...tools. They don't take the place of competence. You can waste a ton of money very quickly, but when optimized and carefully managed ppc remains a great marketing tool.

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
It's best to just feel your way through this.I just paid 20 dollars on one day.I got 45 clicks for this one ad.But nobody clicked on my affiliate ad.Wich confirmed what I thought that my sales page isn't good enough.And I also found out that the average that I'm paying per click is a little below what I expected so I'm ok with spending that 20 dollars :)

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
It's best to just feel your way through this.I just paid 20 dollars on one day.I got 45 clicks for this one ad.But nobody clicked on my affiliate ad.Wich confirmed what I thought that my sales page isn't good enough.And I also found out that the average that I'm paying per click is a little below what I expected so I'm ok with spending that 20 dollars :)

It may not be that your sales page isn't good enough- your ad/keywords may be targeting the wrong people! To exaggerate, imagine placing an ad leading to your sales page, which is selling $20 widgets, but you place an ad on the keyword "Free Widgets!".

And make sure you aren't overpaying per click- use sites like keywordspy.com to check out your competitors and always work on improving your quality score.

Halli

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 18, 2009
London,UK
Yeah it could be something else but I'm pretty sure that it's the reason.I need to do a few different articles I think.I use Market Samurai to estimate what I probably have to pay per click.And I also monitor what I'm paying in general for the clicks.I'm doing placement ads and I think the ads should be appearing on the right sites considering the keywords.Here is the site if you want to check it out :) Icelandic Horses

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
Also note that Content Network placements are markedly less effective then search traffic. I'd recommend placing around 80% of your PPC funds into the search network.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.