What's new

Good Afternoon Fastlaners

Share your FTE moment...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mdeyoung

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
1
Location
Windsor, Ontario Canada
Rep Bank
$85
User Power: 300%
Hey Everyone, I have been browsing these forums for a few years not really letting the content sink in as I was feeling pretty comfortable with where I was.. Since this is a intro thread I will give you a little background on where I was and what caused the paradigm shift in my life.

Since I was quite young I always felt as though I was just a little more intelligent than most. When others were struggling in school I found that it just clicked for me. After I graduated college I started into the wonderful world of corporate servitude not knowing any different. See, like many of you, I was brainwashed by mainstream society to believe in the slow lane.. Graduate college, start at the bottom rung and through hard work and time end up manoeuvring up the corporate ladder. So that is what I did in my chosen profession (Information Technology) and within 5 years I thought I had made it.. A nice 6 figure salary to enjoy life in the present while also saving enough to be wealthy when I retire. I was flying high but never felt fulfilled or truly happy. I would buy (consume) materialistic things to have a temporary happiness high only lasting until the next lull. This continued for years without really realizing what I was doing.. Than came one of the worse days of my life..

When the doctor comes into the examination room and tells you that you have the dreaded C word (cancer for those unfamiliar) many thoughts go through your head.. Am I going to die? how will this effect my family, there is so much I still want to do, will I have the chance? With all these questions rolling around in my head I was lost. I decided that day that I was not going to let this disease win and I was going to fight. After a year of treatments and surgeries I came out a different person. My priorities had changed, family and friends became the most important thing in life. My largest fear was no longer the thought of death, it was that of untapped potential. With that came the need to look at my employment situation and determine what needed to change to not waste the 2nd chance that I had been given. I had dabbled in eCommerce in the past running a few successful sites, which paid my way through college but I dropped much of that to follow the path that I thought was the correct one at the time, Corporate America.

The day came approximately 4 weeks ago when I again stumbled onto Fast Lane Millionaire after a long hiatus. I had actually forgot about the site but had it in some previous notes that I began to review when I decided that I had to do something different if I want a different result. I purchased TMF and have been working my way through it and not a single book has ever effected me or really made me look at myself and society as a whole in a completely different way than TMF has. I have had a tough time converting from a consumer to a producer because I am not overly creative and much more of a analytical thinker but I am confident that I will be able to find my niche and join many of you on the fastlane.

I look forward to speaking with many of you here and contributing to this great community.

Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom