The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going on a Gap Year before Joining College

Anything related to matters of the mind

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
For those who have not been following my progress thread, I'm an 18-year-old A+ student who was lured into choosing Medicine to become a "doctor" and be "successful." While I don't discourage this route, I was doing it for money and it wasn't something that I loved. When I discovered TFLF, I found my passion in data-driven advertising.

Now I got 96% marks in the intermediate exams and I can easily go into a university related to medicine. I chose not to. I didn't apply for universities, didn't apply for entry tests. Why? I'm switching lanes to computer sciences. This is something that I can at least leverage as an eCommerce entrepreneur. I can see computer sciences growing in huge proportions compared to medicine

I'm going on a gap year and switching to computer sciences. I'll either do epic shit or end up sitting at home feeling like shit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Take ur time. Good luck
I had a graphic designer colleague in the agency who also went on a gap year. She now earns more than I could imagine and did some epic shit. I want to do something like that, except it is bigger in proportions and scale.

If I have to be honest, she's the reason why I'm confident in my decision.

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
For those who have not been following my progress thread, I'm an 18-year-old A+ student who was lured into choosing Medicine to become a "doctor" and be "successful." While I don't discourage this route, I was doing it for money and it wasn't something that I loved. When I discovered TFLF, I found my passion in data-driven advertising.

Now I got 96% marks in the intermediate exams and I can easily go into a university related to medicine. I chose not to. I didn't apply for universities, didn't apply for entry tests. Why? I'm switching lanes to computer sciences. This is something that I can at least leverage as an eCommerce entrepreneur. I can see computer sciences growing in huge proportions compared to medicine

I'm going on a gap year and switching to computer sciences. I'll either do epic shit or end up sitting at home feeling like shit.
I am in my second gap year lol. I think a gap year is really helpful in getting a person out of the "Slowlane Matrix" and you can learn and do a lot with the free time but I warn you it will start to get lonely at some point as it did for me. In my second gap year, I'm building a Video Game product, so the loneliness can be lowered by being completely engrossed in the process but unless you get a really good opportunity I wouldn't recommend a second gap year.

Best wishes for the year ahead!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.