The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting your natural high

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Last night I had just finished editing a long, tedious task of subtitles... The funny thing was, from KNOWING I was doing work, I got like a little high off it, I mean that in a healthy way too. Suddenly it hit me, I just wanna keep going.

This reminded me of a movie I watched that kind of felt like the same thing

[video=youtube;zo2u-q48iSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo2u-q48iSg[/video]

Absurd? A little over the top... sure.

But this is a question I have been wanting to ask - What do you do to keep your mental awareness/well being up? Eat healthy, go to sleep early, exercise? No alcohol or smoking?

I've gotta say, once you get something going and don't wanna stop.... it makes you feel good. Like an addiction that can only lead to better things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Yea eating healthy, sleep, exercise but I don't think thats the key I just believe you have to have a lazer bean focus, sense of urgency, big dreams, visualisation, passion, living in the present - shutting your mind off

This is the type of work ethic that brings results:

[video=youtube;1Xhas1dXoNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xhas1dXoNw[/video]

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
MJ once described the adrenaline rush of an entrepreneur on the edge of greatness to be similar to that of a lottery ticket buyer and the endorphins that are released as they anticipate how they will cash out their millions. The only difference is that the entrepreneur can maintain that high on a consistent basis, where the lottery ticket sucker gets a quick hit followed by the depression of being a loser when their lucky numbers don't come in.

Last edited:

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
I'm reading this book, "The Art of Power" authored by Thich Nhat Hanh.

Although I'm at the beginning, it's very, very interesting and exceedingly helpful to me before I reach page 45.

Now I'm on a chapter when it talks about mindfulness.

However, what's mindfulness? The answer is that you devote 100% of your efforts to one task that you're doing, meditating to it.

When you read a book, devote 100% and meditate towards it and erase everything else, therefore not thinking about the past or the future.

And therefore, you're always in the present, 100%.

It's simple but it's challenging.

You practice being mindful (at present, aware) even at the simplest of task like drinking tea. Meditate towards it.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
I think entrepreneurs can live on a natural high if their venture is successful.

That is what I want more than anything!

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I call this the Entrepreneurial High.

There is no feeling like the feeling you get when you have someone buy your product, service, ect. and they absolutely love it.

Working on something that has no proven concept with a high failure rate, turning nothing into something and then having others pay for it is a euphoric feeling.

Everyday that I do business, I get a high. It just comes natural. All the hustling, negotiating, networking, solving problems, and seeing the results brings me to a level that I can't even explain. I don't need to eat or sleep.

Three simple words: I Just Do.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I USED to wake up, and get straight to work. If I was hungry I'd eat at the computer while I worked.

I started a new routine that's got me happy, high, energized, and more productive every morning:

I wake up and have breakfast. Sometimes it's just buttered toast, other times it's eggs + bacon + toast, other times it's a yogurt. But I sit IN THE KITCHEN (not at my computer) and listen to TRIVIA. NPRs Wait Wait Don't Tell Me or Ask Me Another, The Good Job Brain podcast... If there's nothing new to listen to I put on Stuff You Should Know, etc. The point is to absorb new fun random information nonrelated to business.

For some reason, that does it for me. I'm happy, motivated, and excited to get to work.

While I'm working I get very excited depending on the task. If it's a task where a lot of EXTERNAL progress is made I get a natural high just from that... so if I publish a new podcast, write a guest post, pick up a new client, release a new product I'm excited beyond belief.

However if it's something more like routine research, data entry, answering emails, etc... it puts a halt to my excitement. The moment I can afford a virtual assistant I'm getting one so I can focus on the energy building actions and do less of the boring mood-killing stuff.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
My favorite drug is doing something I am scared of...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.