The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Users On Our Website

Marketing, social media, advertising

dawidmp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 23, 2021
How do I promote my website? Our startup is having a hard time coming up with new users and the best way to get them is to direct them to our website, which has our product and its demo. So how should I go about getting people to visit the website, let alone to stay there? Social media, forums? We tried a Product Hunt campaign but that didn’t do much. I would be grateful for any feedback

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
How do I promote my website? Our startup is having a hard time coming up with new users and the best way to get them is to direct them to our website, which has our product and its demo. So how should I go about getting people to visit the website, let alone to stay there? Social media, forums? We tried a Product Hunt campaign but that didn’t do much. I would be grateful for any feedback
You need traffic or eyeballs to your website. The best possible way to market your business as of now is through social media. I don't think people realize how powerful social media really is. It has totally changed the game. Things that used to take 5-10 years can now be done in 1-2 years.

To answer your question, focus on growing an audience for your business and distribute it through various social media platforms. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok(a strong maybe, it's not really your target audience at most but it might change in the future. I don't think you want a bunch of dancing 13 year olds to your website), Snapchat(if you're into getting personal with your audience. It can work fabulously for you as people resonate with a face behind the brand). Focus on growing organically at start, and then once you start making real money/ if you have a budget now, spend it on influencer marketing campaigns, as they have a 90% higher ROI versus traditional ads.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
The best approach will depend on your industry/niche/product.

For example, if people ask lots of questions about your industry/product before buying, Quora might work to drive a little traffic to your site (answer lots of questions and put a link to your site in your profile - but don't get banned for being blatant about promoting your product). All it takes to get traction is one person with a big social media following to share your site and product.

I agree with @zebroinvestor@gm - influencer marketing can be very effective, and it might work well depending on your niche/product. It can save you lots of time too, since content marketing with a blog is a long game.

You can probably negotiate favorable ad rates with niche blogs that have a decent audience, but are not monetized yet. You could also see if some of those niche sites have an email list - they may be willing to pitch your site/product in their newsletter for a placement fee.

You might also look into a "pay for performance" deal with niche site owners (e.g. an affiliate offer) instead of a flat-rate advertising fee. I think the trick would be selling the site owner on the product first (maybe offering a free product/trial/membership and asking them to write a review, or seeing if they would be comfortable promoting it if they think it is good).

There are lots of ways to approach this, and the best way depends on your product. What works for garden equipment won't work for bodybuilding supplements. Do some tests, see what works, and then double down on the winner(s).

Some people on the forum recommend the book "Traction" by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares. I like it as well, and I think it offers a good framework for you to figure out how to get people to your site.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
The best approach will depend on your industry/niche/product.

For example, if people ask lots of questions about your industry/product before buying, Quora might work to drive a little traffic to your site (answer lots of questions and put a link to your site in your profile - but don't get banned for being blatant about promoting your product). All it takes to get traction is one person with a big social media following to share your site and product.

I agree with @zebroinvestor@gm - influencer marketing can be very effective, and it might work well depending on your niche/product. It can save you lots of time too, since content marketing with a blog is a long game.

You can probably negotiate favorable ad rates with niche blogs that have a decent audience, but are not monetized yet. You could also see if some of those niche sites have an email list - they may be willing to pitch your site/product in their newsletter for a placement fee.

You might also look into a "pay for performance" deal with niche site owners (e.g. an affiliate offer) instead of a flat-rate advertising fee. I think the trick would be selling the site owner on the product first (maybe offering a free product/trial/membership and asking them to write a review, or seeing if they would be comfortable promoting it if they think it is good).

There are lots of ways to approach this, and the best way depends on your product. What works for garden equipment won't work for bodybuilding supplements. Do some tests, see what works, and then double down on the winner(s).

Some people on the forum recommend the book "Traction" by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares. I like it as well, and I think it offers a good framework for you to figure out how to get people to your site.
Exactly. Influencers already have spent years building their personal brand and you can use it to your advantage fairly cheaply. It really comes down to testing things out, seeing what content performs and more importantly what DOESN'T work, I'd say that's the key in content marketing.

Affiliates are a great way to scale as people love getting paid for doing little work. You might approach big accounts and give them hefty commissions if you're able to convert leads from their traffic. Make sure it's a win-win though.

digivibes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 19, 2021
Well-optimized web pages and quality content will drive more website traffic to your site. That's the key point. So just Think of your niche deeply and get the relevant keywords and work on web page optimization. It will work.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Have you tried Google ads?
Yes, I have tried Google ads, & it is nice but it always gives data on the advertisement campaign basis, not on the actual keyword difficulty.
The pay-per-click (PPC) model is used by Google Ads.
That is, marketers, target a certain keyword on Google and place bids on it, competing with other marketers who are also targeting the keyword.
Your bids are "maximum bids," or the most amount you're willing to spend for an ad.
You can also use Google ads for keyword research & to learn the keyword ads value.
If you want to learn Google ads, then read this blog.

bsargis

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 23, 2021
Hey dawidmp! When ever your promoting a product you want to make sure that the basics are covered. You want to have your website ready to convert those clients before you start driving traffic to them whether its paid or organic.

First, make sure that you have a clear CTA. The prospect must know clearly what they should do next. I always think of having the CTA so clear that there's no room for confusion of what to do.

Next, having a clear avatar of who you want to buy your product is super helpful especially when your creating content, running ads or your marketing message. Everything must align with your marketing message, product and process.

I like to think of it as a journey (I know, it sounds cliché) but every step must make sense for the customer and must have a purpose to it. And for your company I'm assuming that the purpose is for them to buy your product.

So I would focus heavily on why they should buy your product and how your product will make their life better. Depending on what problem you're solving (this also has to be clearly defined in your messaging).

Finally I would optimize your website to make sure when people land on your page they know what they need to do next. For example have your offer on the top of the page so it can be clearly seen, make sure the font is easy to read and that there is not color mash ups that would make it hard to read.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions feel free to reach out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.