What's new

Getting the ball rolling

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DStark

New Contributor
MEMBER
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
14
Location
Maryland
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 64%
Happy New Year to all!

I hope that everyone on the forum had a great holiday and that 2018 is off to a fantastic start!

I introduced myself on this forum a while ago but was starting and stopping this last year. I kept from posting anything because I felt no use in writing if I wasn't doing anything about my situation. I figured I would start after I had begun taking consistent action everyday and thus would be in the correct mindset to provide progress updates.

During 2017 I was trying to get a product introduced to the retail market but could not find a manufacturer state side. Reason I needed state side manufacturing is because if I ordered the product from Europe, the shipping costs were to high because of the tariffs on flammable goods.
If I got the concentrate shipped here I had trouble finding a chemical tolling company that would dilute it because it is a "new" product and people are hesitant due to lack of knowledge and understanding of the science behind the product.

So I kept working on finding a company and low and behold the last two months I found two companies that produce similar products. One is in the USA that doesn't produce exactly the same product but a similar one, actually two, which is great because of another niche I discovered in which the second would be a great fit for. The other is in Canada which produces the exactly the same product that I was getting from Germany.

During this time an old customer from my families business, it was the same industry that I am doing, contacted us looking to buy. They were out of business but introduced me. I was working on getting everything together, trying to get samples and test it to make sure it is something I feel comfortable selling. Well that sent me on overdrive trying to get it together, got a sample for the customer and sent it their way to see if it would work for them before they buy any.

Then another customer from my family did the same but are looking for the product I get from Canada. I told him that am still working on getting the sample to test but if I like it I would send a sample for him to test and if he felt the same I would get an order together for him.

Along with these two I have been working on an ecommerce site to focus on a single niche, the marine industry. There are many uses for this product but I am using an idea that my mentor suggested and that was creating a website for each niche instead of making a jack of all trades product. I am doing most everything in house with the idea that if I teach myself to code, market, copywrite, etc. I will learn skills that are marketable so no matter what comes of this I have profitable skillset.

So after that long winded introduction I figure this is where I will start my progress thread. Kind of already started but the ball is rolling and I can make plans and keep this post up to date. Hopefully I can provide some insight to others because this forum has provided me with tons and helped pull me put of a very bad headspace. I can truly say I don't think I would be able to have started entrepreneurship again without some of the great posts on this site!

Here is to a bright and exciting year my friends and may it be full of greatness for all of us!!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xiilmz aqfevi 1/8/2017:

Dassipvmz xeovoph up e tenqmi gsun vji dunqepz op Depefe vu vsz.
Metv xiil O gopotjif ep i-dunnisdi xictovi vu gudat up vji xevis dsegv opfatvsz. O en puv siemmz jeqqz xovj jux ov muult epf qmep vu liiq xusloph up ov cav O xepvif vu hiv ov aq epf sappoph.

Emtu dsievif e Gedicuul, Optvehsen epf Vxovvis edduapv gus vji csepf.

Tivaq e qezqem edduapv vu sidiowi qeznipvt epf huv vji gostv suapf ug mecimt vjev O qmep up atoph. O xetp'v siemmz jeqqz xovj vji mecimt tu O xipv op e sifitohpif vjin epf xomm juqigammz hiv vji pix upit op vunussux.

O dsievif ep Efxusft denqeohp xovj vji huem ug fsowoph vseggod vu vji tovi.

Vji upmz modipti O jewi migv vu hiv ot vji duapvz modipti xjodj O juqi vu dunqmivi Gsofez xjip O jewi ugg.

O tivaq e Neomdjonq edduapv epf e mohjvcuy vu tvesv dummidvoph ineomt.

Huemt gus 1/8/18-1/14/18:
- Et tuup et O hiv vji pix mecimt, veli qsufadv qjuvut cz dsievoph e nelitjogv qsufadv mohjvcuy. Qav vjiti up vji xictovi
- Dsievi Enebup timmis edduapv
- Veli desi ug vji duapvz catopitt modipti
- Og O hiv vji tenqmi gsun Depefe, vsz ov epf tii og ov qisgusnt vu nz iyqidvevoupt. Og ov fuit tjoq vu qetv dmoipv ug genomz catopitt vu tii og ji molit epf xepvt vu usfis jot gostv deti.
- Dsievi Gedicuul dupvitv xovj huem ug hivvoph 100 qehi molit.
- Vji Efxusft denqeohp ipft op e xiil tu O xomm muul ev sitamvt, fivisnopi xjodj qisgusnif vji citv epf gudat up sigopoph lizxusft ( E/C vitvoph)
-Vjot ot vji nekus upi, hiv nz gostv temi!
 
E movvmi mevi up vjot aqfevi cav xovj nz dassipv kuc vjopht dep sap e movvmi tmux. Jisi ot xjev jet jeqqipif uwis vji qetv vxu xiilt:

O siedjif 100 qehi molit xovj qiuqmi puv op nz gsoipf motv xjodj ot xjev o xepvif, pux dassipvmz huoph gus 200.

Dsievif e qsunuvoup vjev fof puv fu epzvjoph. O atif vji qsunuvoup ofie ug hivvoph vu 500 qehi molit epf vji xoppis xuamf hiv e gsii cuvvmi ug vji qsufadv. Qiuqmi xuamf moli vji qutv cav puv vji qehi. Vji qsunuvoup xjisi o tvevif vjev vjot xet e csepf pix qsufadv epf og qiuqmi xuamf jimq at cz molioph vji qehi huv e 5% dupwistoup up qehi molit xjisi et vji qsunuvoup huv mitt vjep 1%. O jewi vji veshiv nesliv dassipvmz ev 40-45 zies umf nemit xju jewi opvisitvt op cuevoph, zedjvoph, ivd.

Vji dunqepz op Depefe xipv dunqmivimz tomipv up ni. Pu sivaspt up demmt, pu tenqmi, puvjoph. Vji metv vxu xiilt jewi ciip tiesdjoph huuhmi gus nepagedvasist vjev qsufadif xjev O xet muuloph gus. Ov deni vu vji quopv xjisi O tvesvif sitiesdjoph jux vu neli ov nztimg. O tvesvif quasoph uwis sitiesdj qeqist epf uvjis upmopi fevecetit up jux vji qsuditt xuslt. O tvomm dupvopaif vu demm uvjis nepagedvasist et O fof vjot. O en e padmies iphopiis xovj movvmi vseopoph op nevisoem iphopiisoph epf djinodem iphopiisoph tu ov xet e cov ug e qeop cav O fof heop hsievis apfistvepfoph ug xjev ot huoph up. Et O xet ev nz xovt ipf O demmif up e dunqepz vjev xet timmoph xjev O xet muuloph gus. O etlif og vjiz xisi e nepagedvasis us fotvsocavus epf vji xunep teof vjiz xisi e fotvsocavus gus e dunqepz op Esobupe. Demmif et tuup et o huv ugg vji qjupi epf huv op dupvedv xovj vji mief iphopiis. Xi djevvif uwis vji tqidogodt epf xjev jot dunqepz ot vszoph vu fu epf vjiz esi eqqesipvmz upi og puv vji upmz nepagedvasis ug vjot op vji Apovif Tvevit. O qasdjetif e movis ug vji qsufadv epf ov xomm hiv jisi piyv xiil vu vsz.

Nz Ef-xusft Denqeohp gimm dunqmivimz gmev vuu. O fup'v lpux og nz coft xisi vu mux cav pupi ug nz eft xisi tjuxoph tu vji csohjv tofi ot O fofp'v tqipf epz nupiz cav O jewi vu gohasi uav xjz puvjoph jeqqipif.

Enebup edduapv xet dsievif, O guapf e civvis vjini epf atif tuni dufoph lpuxmifhi vu hiv ov dmuti vu jux O xepv ov. O vuul qsufadv qodvasit xovj e juninefi mohjvcuy cav vjiz fof puv vasp uav jux O xepvif tu O vjopl O xomm hiv upi gsun Enebup vjev jet e muv ug qutovowi siwoixt epf vsz eheop

Uwis vji duasti ug vji piyv vxu xiilt vji huemt O tiv esi et gummuxt:

1) fsowi vseggod vu vji xictovi. O en puv hivvoph epz vseggod epf epz vseggod O fu hiv cuapdit. O en huoph vu fu vjot cz tvesvoph vu xusl vji Gedicuul/Optvehsen esie cz xsovoph esvodmit epf cmuh qutv vu nz opvipfif nesliv. O emtu xepv vu dupvedv cmuhhist op vji podji epf xomm ci tipfoph uav tenqmit vu hiv vjisi opqav epf juqigammz hiv tuni xusf ug nuavj ecuav vji qsufadv vu vjios eafoipdi.

2) Hiv e motvoph up Enebup vu hiv epuvjis ewipai ug temit. O fup'v xepv Enebup vu ci nz neop suef cav O gohasi ov depv jasv tvesvoph uav.

3)Hiv epuvjis E/C Ef-Xusft denqeohp huoph vu fsowi vseggod vu vji tovi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom