The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting started at age 50+!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all!
I just finished reading The Fastlane and am about to devour Unscripted .

I was brought up very much Slowlane-minded, and I found myself slipping between Sidewalk and Slowlane over the years. My many mistakes over the years led to my developing accountability and learn from my mistakes. So I'm on a path right now to offer whatever I can of value to the world with what I have, on a daily basis.

I read a book a week to keep myself educated, and am working on offering the best possible quality to the Law of Attraction community on my website.

I recently published my first non-fiction book, which won a little award here in Canada, but my goal for publishing this book is to help others with the book content. I'd like to maximise my reach so more people can benefit from the book and would love to have it translated but at the moment, the translation costs are prohibitive. So I'm keeping the translation part on the backburner and keeping on moving with other aspects.

Although I'm part of the manifesting community, I ended up creating my offerings based on being:

1) frustrated with the emphasis on over-visualizing / dreaming with little room for action-taking
2) fuelled by a passion to create something better (LOA meditations and other process-driven offerings that help my community in the ways they are looking for)

I offer products that use process.
I feel like I'm still learning, so I've been updating my book every month to make it better and more relevant to the reader!

I was quite stuck a while ago with having different offerings. But now, rather than spreading my energy over the different options, I'm in the process of funnelling all of them through my one brand so they tie in together for the "monogamy" route.
Also, working on my brand purpose right now with more clarity.

My next plans are to create some courses, write more books and create more meditations.

I work full time at a 9-5 job, and work on my business during lunch, on the way to and from work, on walks, and at night when the kids are busy or in bed, and on weekends.

Here's to all of us learning more together!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
You didn't hear?

Jokes aside, welcome!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
thanks! haha, I did read that thread actually!

To be honest, I feel like I have more to offer now than I did before 35, AND I'm getting off my a$$ each day to refine my offerings and get moving LOL.

I love the creation and execution parts, I just have to keep clarifying each step as I go along...

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Welcome Voice Angel,

Don't mind your age, for example I'm almost 45 and still learning allot. I think with your age you have a lot of life experience....that is a very important one

Did you read the books from @MJ DeMarco ? I read both books in a few weeks ( started a month ago) and they totally changed my fiew..and I did read a lot of books already.

Grt Andre

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Welcome Voice Angel,

Don't mind your age, for example I'm almost 45 and still learning allot. I think with your age you have a lot of life experience....that is a very important one

Did you read the books from @MJ DeMarco ? I read both books in a few weeks ( started a month ago) and they totally changed my fiew..and I did read a lot of books already.

Grt Andre

Thanks!

I finished Fastlane yesterday (just incredible) - and have started Unscripted today. I really love MJ's style of writing.
You're absolutely right - Fastlane changed my view very quickly. I had to stop reading so I could totally commit to 100% quality service (or money back) for my offerings and reflect that in guarantees everywhere on my website. And MJ's author examples were really helpful.

How have they changed your life, would love to know? :)

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Thanks!

I finished Fastlane yesterday (just incredible) - and have started Unscripted today. I really love MJ's style of writing.
You're absolutely right - Fastlane changed my view very quickly. I had to stop reading so I could totally commit to 100% quality service (or money back) for my offerings and reflect that in guarantees everywhere on my website. And MJ's author examples were really helpful.

How have they changed your life, would love to know? :)

I took advice from slowlaners. So was busy with investing, compound interest etc.
I stopped it, and now I going to invest it more in our company. That was my first concrete step. I also noticed I'm much more critical to al the slowlaners news and information. I have a total different mindset. What some books can do .

Just joined this forum and hope to expand knowledge and contacts

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
I hear you. Wish you the best with your company!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard VA! Glad you found value in the books!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks very much MJ! I'm already enjoying Unscripted a lot!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Unscripted is blowing my mind.
I started revising my book today to strip away anything that was niche-speak and without purpose.
Ugh, realized that I have some unlearning to do.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum VA. Looking forward to following your success.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
A family friend quit his long time job at ~55 and started doing real estate stuff instead. 65 now with no signs of stopping. Pretty sure he's doing pretty well financially (very secretive guy though so I can only assume)

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
I started revising my book today to strip away anything that was niche-speak and without purpose.
Ugh, realized that I have some unlearning to do.
I want to write a simple, clear message on my website, but next thing you know I have a paragraph. And I still haven't communicated what I really wanted to say.

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
I want to write a simple, clear message on my website, but next thing you know I have a paragraph. And I still haven't communicated what I really wanted to say.
Yes, me too. I think it's part of the process. Continually clarifying and stripping away the non essential.

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
My WHYS on becoming wealthy:

To pay off my parent's mortgage so they don't have to worry about money ever again, and can travel like they love to.
To gift my sister money so she can do more of what she loves to do.
To move closer to them and see them more often.
To create something of value to the world that's not just ego-driven.
To enjoy more time with my family.
To inspire my daughters.
To feel like my life was worth something to the world, not just filled with mindless consumerism.

Last edited:

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
A family friend quit his long time job at ~55 and started doing real estate stuff instead. 65 now with no signs of stopping. Pretty sure he's doing pretty well financially (very secretive guy though so I can only assume)
love hearing these inspiring stories

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe!

A couple questions:
  • Why do you need to translate your book? The English-speaking market is big enough to get started.
  • What experiments can you do--like in the next 30 days--to test reaching more of your target market?

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Welcome to the tribe!

A couple questions:
  • Why do you need to translate your book? The English-speaking market is big enough to get started.
  • What experiments can you do--like in the next 30 days--to test reaching more of your target market?
Great questions! I was thinking translation to increase scale, but instead I'm going to increase reach (in English) for now.
I have Amazon ads up, and will start FB ads soon too.
As soon as my book is out of Kindle Unlimited, I'll go wide in other avenues.
thanks for the prompt!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Update: I recently uncovered a need within my online community in many different threads and over 20 groups, probably totalling over 200k people. I've put together a webpage (free) with the info they are looking for and am launching a Kindle version ($1) with that next week. It's really fun!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
I've just implemented something from Unscripted . :)
Each month we budget some play money, after the bills, savings, etc etc. I invest my book royalities back into the business but I use the play money to buy this or that.

After reading Unscripted , I've diverted some of the play money to peer lending!

I've lent through Kiva for many years but I'd never even HEARD of peer lending before reading Unscripted . So I googled peer lending in Canada, found a really good one and signed up. :)

Gutzofter

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 25, 2018
Yucaipa, CA
Update: I recently uncovered a need within my online community in many different threads and over 20 groups, probably totalling over 200k people. I've put together a webpage (free) with the info they are looking for and am launching a Kindle version ($1) with that next week. It's really fun!
Why do you value your work at $1.00/unit?

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
Why do you value your work at $1.00/unit?
I ended up pricing it at $1.99. But to give some context, this community is looking for best recommended books in this niche. What I did was compile all the responses of freely offered "best of" from the hundreds of threads and put them all together into a master list that everone can access. And since it's a list with links and not really an ebook with original content per se, I thought 0.99 or 1.99 would be a reasonable price, if that makes sense.
I'm going to add it to today's Promo thread, just in case there are others in my niche who also love MJ's work. And of course I'd LOVE feedback or thoughts on any further tweaks to make it better!
Thanks for asking me this :)

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
I always apply the Colonel Sanders Story to age. :)

As for the eBooks congrats. Remember you can always bundle to add value.

You can even create videos easily with just your content now and just add voice.
Just some options to have in your arsenal.

Good luck to you.

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
I always apply the Colonel Sanders Story to age. :)

As for the eBooks congrats. Remember you can always bundle to add value.

You can even create videos easily with just your content now and just add voice.
Just some options to have in your arsenal.

Good luck to you.
I love those options, thanks!
And yes, Colonel Sanders is a great inspiration. There are many other inspiring late bloomers - a great example of how the effects of their "process" hit later.

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
My biggest fear is that I'll lose this race with time and kick the bucket before breaking out into the Fastlane.
BUT. On the other hand, am busy creating all.the.time.
Started writing my new novel yesterday after a week of plotting the outline.
Wrote for 7 hours today without realizing how much time had passed. It was AWESOME.

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
Thank you so much for posting!!! So glad you're here!!! I feel like I'm "past it" at 36... but yes, sometimes you just need some time to grow into yourself. Never too late to put on your blinker and shift to the fast lane!

I just checked out your website: Joyful Life Mastery: A Law of Attraction playground | Home Page
LOVE IT!!!!
Great job, lady!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...