• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Getting a kick out of the random positive reinforcement

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by Late Bloomer, May 5, 2018.

1. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,623
    When I joined the forum, I hadn't paid any attention to the "rep bank" score while I browsed as a lurker.

It's been fun to see score awards pop up for various activities. I wasn't looking to get followers, didn't even realize the forum had a Follow feature, but hey there's a follower and more rep points. I was just clicking to like posts that I saw add value with their helpful information and positive vibe, and hey, here's more rep points for being active with Likes. This is a fun little surprise that adds kind of a game element... I wonder what will happen next that's a positive little surprise? There might be a list of what the actions are that gain points, but I won't look for it... as River Song said to The Doctor, "Spoilers, dear!" :smile2:

Is there a way I could apply this to my work? I don't know if there's a way to add some kind of "here, have some points" surprise to things other than a forum. It would be interesting to find out!

LittleWolfie likes this.
  2. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,846
    Real money :rofl:

Late Bloomer likes this.
  3. MarcoSto

MarcoSto Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $414
    Hey hey,

what you are looking for are gamification frameworks. I read a book on gamification a while ago that is like a blueprint on how to add gamification to businesses.
    For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business (Wehrbach & Hunter).

Its a short read and fun. But you have to be aware: Gamifying crap is like putting cream on dogshit. Doesnt make it better really and wont work.

Another interesting application for gamification was done by Jane McGonigal. She is an expert in games and gamification and treated her depression with a gamification framework. Just google her TED talk. She wrote two books on this, too.

Its not a direct answer to your question, but I think those are great resources so start with and figure out for yourself if and in how far gamification could work for your..work :)

4. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,623
    Yeah, maybe like in Godfather Part 3, we'll all get an envelope based on how long we've been part of the family and helped MJ with his forum...

5. bkillion

bkillion New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $37
    I recently "read" a book (audio book) to help me with the project I'm working on called "Actionable Gamification." I thought it was a very good book with content that can really help you gamify more than just an app (work, life, etc). It's more about designing based on human behavior.