The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get Rich Slowly ... and Steadily?!

Anything related to matters of the mind

KhaledHabib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 31, 2020
Hey everyone this is my very first post, my name is Khaled I have been a member here for a while but I do not really interact much. I read all of MJ DeMarco's books and they changed my mindset forever, now I'm taking the time and investing it into a cents business to change my life. I'm currently an Electrical Engineering student and one professor quoted "As engineers, you'll need to understand more than just calculus and circuits. A few books that I found easy to read and useful in understanding your own finances are:" she also offered extra credit, The first book was "Wealthy Barber", and the first thing it said on the back cover was Get Rich Slowly ... and Steadily!. I think I'm going to wait till the end of the semester and send this professor a link to "The Millionaire Fastlane " and quote it "this book will give you extra credit in life ".I found it. humiliating that a professor that teaches electrical engineering course would recommend financial books. like what do you know about finance, sorry I don't invest in a skinny chef?? Just like everything MJ mentioned in his books, I see them happen around me so often, the only person that's getting "rich" is the author!! not just this one instance but there are just a tremendous amount of brain washing that happens around in my classes similar to those. thought it was worth sharing a personal experience of brain washing activity, just like MJ mentioned before. Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Why do you have to wait until the end of the semester to share your insights with your professor? Also, have you told the other students about TMF ?

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Classic.

Might be against what you know, but one shouldn’t be judged by what he does that harshly.
Some people simply don’t put in the effort to better themselves. I have no patience for those too.

But you can never be sure about a person. I know wealthy lawyers that are tired of the corporate life yet become professors because they want to teach.

Your professor might just like teaching but at the same time might be very successful financially. Not always the case, but I’m trying to explain something for you.

Also, learn how to formulate clear and concise sentences.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hey everyone this is my very first post, my name is Khaled I have been a member here for a while but I do not really interact much. I read all of MJ DeMarco's books and they changed my mindset forever, now I'm taking the time and investing it into a cents business to change my life. I'm currently an Electrical Engineering student and one professor quoted "As engineers, you'll need to understand more than just calculus and circuits. A few books that I found easy to read and useful in understanding your own finances are:" she also offered extra credit, The first book was "Wealthy Barber", and the first thing it said on the back cover was Get Rich Slowly ... and Steadily!. I think I'm going to wait till the end of the semester and send this professor a link to "The Millionaire Fastlane " and quote it "this book will give you extra credit in life ".I found it. humiliating that a professor that teaches electrical engineering course would recommend financial books. like what do you know about finance, sorry I don't invest in a skinny chef?? Just like everything MJ mentioned in his books, I see them happen around me so often, the only person that's getting "rich" is the author!! not just this one instance but there are just a tremendous amount of brain washing that happens around in my classes similar to those. thought it was worth sharing a personal experience of brain washing activity, just like MJ mentioned before. Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.
It’s good that you are thinking for yourself.

The truth is, even if this was a finance class the professor would be peddling the same stuff to you. Learn what’s useful, discard what isn’t.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome to the Forum.

I think your prof means well...and those books are OK for defensive approaches to wealth (ie spending within your means, saving goals). TMF is for offensive...where you actually build wealth with a good business.

Just as we learn how to make money...we need to keep it.

It's rare that a prof shares books with his students. I studied Finance in university, and none of my profs shared books with me even though they were very kind folks. It's a great idea to share TMF with him now...he seems to be open for that.

KhaledHabib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 31, 2020
Why do you have to wait until the end of the semester to share your insights with your professor? Also, have you told the other students about TMF ?
No, I have not shared the book with anyone yet, I was just waiting to have something solid working for me and generating solid income, where then I could share the book and have evidence to back it up.

KhaledHabib

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 31, 2020
Classic.

Might be against what you know, but one shouldn’t be judged by what he does that harshly.
Some people simply don’t put in the effort to better themselves. I have no patience for those too.

But you can never be sure about a person. I know wealthy lawyers that are tired of the corporate life yet become professors because they want to teach.

Your professor might just like teaching but at the same time might be very successful financially. Not always the case, but I’m trying to explain something for you.

Also, learn how to formulate clear and concise sentences.
Thanks for your feedback, yes I could be totally wrong. I just judged the professor's financial situation based on her job title and the books she recommended without doing any further research.

Oh, I was just typing in as in chatting , but I will definitely put some effort into that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The professor is just disseminating average advice for average people. It is completely normal and expected. If you expect to be a job guy for 40 years, the advice is feasible, although I wouldn't call it "get rich slow" -- more like survive your way to old age, not rich, but sufficient.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.