The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get Busy Living, Or Get Busy Dying

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkzc983aE0]YouTube - Shawshank Redemption - "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying."[/ame]

How does this relate to Fastlane / Slowlane? A job and the illusion of its security is the institution ... some of us have become institutionalized to a job and all it supposedly represents while others seek roads that have the power to converge with dreams.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Amen. I am reminded of a quote in the movie Con Air by the con played by Steve Buschemi:

What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p97aBv2TX2c[/ame]

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Funny you bring this scene up MJ! My dad has watched this movie several times (with me a few times) and I remember him telling me that this was how he felt at his job after 20+ years of factory work. He would tell me, that is all he knows and he will do it until he his old until he is probably about dead. Then tell me, don't go down the same path I have because it isn't a fun one!

He recently got laid off....which I think was an eye opening experience for him. I can tell right now, he is a bit lost as far as how to manage his time during the day and how to stay productive.

Great link! Speed+

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
One of my favorite movies in my collection. I liked the part where andy writes to him about not giving up hope. "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Also the part about music.
The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - Memorable quotes
That's the beauty of music. They can't get that from you... Haven't you ever felt that way about music?
Red: I played a mean harmonica as a younger man. Lost interest in it though. Didn't make much sense in here.
Andy Dufresne: Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget.
Red: Forget?
Andy Dufresne: Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.