The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Sorry, guys, didn't know.

874.gif

You sure about the drinks though? Or should it be vinegar?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys,

sorry for not being active lately. Had some shit on work going on and my brother married his girlfriend and I am the groomsman. Now I have some space again.

15th October sounds great. I figured out some places we can rent as I think my apartment is a little bit too small for more than 10-12 people.

Or is this fix in Aachen now? Can travel to Aachen as well, but I think that Cologne is far more exciting :p Especially the nightlife (and I think some of you guys are willing / needing to stay overnight as I read). I lived in Aachen for 3 years as well during studies.

But I am open for Aachen as well, as said.

Would you guys be able / is it okay for you if the place costs some money? Think we won't get anything free here (except we are not so many and my apartment's size is sufficient).

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
A lot of romantizising of the 'big business idea', workshops to find the newest groundbreaking ideas to disrupt X industries and generally a lot of action faking.

I have never seen a workshop or club or whatever where that was not the case: mental masturbation, "networking", obsessed by a stupid worthless idea.

Keep in mind that these events are most likely organized by people that, just like many infomercial people, don't have a clue about starting a business, but want to start a business where they show other people how to start a business.

As soon as I see or hear the word "startup":

jerry-done.gif

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
I have never seen a workshop or club or whatever where that was not the case: mental masturbation, "networking", obsessed by a stupid worthless idea.

Keep in mind that these events are most likely organized by people that, just like many infomercial people, don't have a clue about starting a business, but want to start a business where they show other people how to start a business.

As soon as I see or hear the word "startup":

jerry-done.gif
Exactly! The word Start Up is a big red flag.

The only two reasons why I'm considering going:

1. Networking.
A lot of likeminded people, ready to meet others.
On a second thought though, do I want to network with the people attending the courses?

2. Every Start Up needs a Website or some kind of Online Marketing.
I'm a webdesign Freelancer.
It would be a great way to train to sell my service.
On a second note though, do I want to work with wannabe business owners or real business owners?

Well after writing that down I basically proved my reasons to be wrong haha

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Hello guys, it's been over a year since we last tried to get a group together.
I'm here to blow some life into it,

My proposal is to organize an afternoon in early march. We could do a meetup and introduction of all attendants and perhaps 3 or 4 presentations provided by the attendants. We end with dinner. Ofcourse attendants can spend the rest of the day how they want. Talking, partying or whatever.

Proposed meeting city would be Maastricht (Netherlands). It is in the center of quite a few people I believe and here I am able to book a meeting room in the city library or a hotel. Prices would vary and depend on number of attendees. But expect a cost of approximately €15 per person for the meeting room.

So who is up?

All that where on the original list, what do you think?
@maxendio @JDx @Seeker @#nowhere @Longinus @chriswho @Supa @Cembo @goodguude @theag @Ascension

I'm in, Maastricht is doable.

Tagging more people since this list is outdated:
@maverick @Vanderbilt @MarekvBeek @The Alchemist @Eisenstein @thatguywhosoldthosebikes

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
This.
Another example: I tried to revive the German Skype group a long time ago (which didn't work out, for the best). Since then, I got a lot of PMs from Germans sharing their Skype ID to join. While I like the initiative, nearly most of them are logged off forever before I can even write out an answer.
We Germans tend to not stick around.

Great to see so much people (and an actual meeting) happening in here! While I couldn't attend, I'm happy to hear it worked out so well.

With that:

in mind, what do you guys think about a more recurring meetup? Maybe in different part of Germany each time, so the same people don't have to travel 10hours each time.

If some of you are interested, I'd propose a meeting in Düsseldorf in the beginning of April (I would be happy to organise)

1 month might be too early but it's not far from me and I would be happy to come.

I think local pockets of groups would work well recurringly but I know we have members from all of the country plus Belgians and Dutch.

I would like to get and give a chance for all the guys to progress and update on what has happened. we were thinking summer holiday time or just before or just after it.

I had lots of pms asking to be included for next time.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Ok. So step 2: meetup in Cologne.

Is everyone d'accord ?

Remains to set up time,date and location. If it becomes a bigger group. If not location booking is neglactable.

Any suggestions for time? @Seeker are you in for sure? We could go together then..

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Considering a few people will be traveling for a few hours to get to the Cologne area, I suggest starting the meet somewhere in the afternoon. Say, 3pm?
I'm looking at a few restaurants or cafes in the area, but perhaps hopping venues will be more fun.
Perhaps an activity followed by dinner.
I believe some USA meetups have been based on poker-nights. Also an idea to consider.

October is quite far away, but for me personally any date is fine.
So far we're looking at 2 people preferring mid october.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Awesome. That brings us to:

Mid-October Cologne meetup
-maxendio
-JDx
-Seeker
-#nowhere

edit:
-Longinus

Last edited:

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
I'm interested but have to see if it works with my schedule.

Also I would suggest starting a little earlier than 3 pm so we can make the most of the day.

Will there be presentations where people share their expertise? Or will it just be a meetup and talk?
Because I would suggest that a few presentations would really add some value for the people that come. To start it off I will offer to give a short presentation about the production of physical products or importing from asia if there is any interest in these subjects.

Great!

If someone can't contribute anything relating to actual Business experiences he/she could pitch some knowledge in his/ her field and we can discuss, develop new ideas or whatever will be the result. If we do this with time restriction, everyone can contribute something.

Earlier beginning is appreciated too.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I can bring a beamer if needed. All we need is a conference room. This doesn't have to be fancy, just a hall with electricity.

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
Hi guys,

since I live in Aachen, I would like to join as well.
Don't have my own business yet, but have been a consultant in Quality Management/Quality Assurance for the past 5 years. If this is relevant to any of you, I would be happy to share my experience.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Came in to suggest a date, you beat me to it, thanks.
Thanks for the suggestions; this sounds good!
Loads of time for presentations, but in case we won't be able to use up the whole afternoon, perhaps we can just chill out, discuss ideas, or depending on the weather take a walk through the city or do an activity.

For example:
Play an 'escape room' game,
Visit the Koln Triangle, the chocolate museum , play glow in the dark minigolf, to name a few

Phantasialand.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
If someone is interested: I'm Thinking about a stay from 15th to 16th. Maybe some program for 16th?
I'd also prefer the 15th in cologne and stay overnight. I don't need any program for sunday. I'd rather return shortly after breakfast. At most something short for 2 hours or so. Time is valueable, folks.

Maybe a few drinks after dinner on saturday?

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
Hey guys,

sorry for not being active lately. Had some shit on work going on and my brother married his girlfriend and I am the groomsman. Now I have some space again.

15th October sounds great. I figured out some places we can rent as I think my apartment is a little bit too small for more than 10-12 people.

Or is this fix in Aachen now? Can travel to Aachen as well, but I think that Cologne is far more exciting [emoji14] Especially the nightlife (and I think some of you guys are willing / needing to stay overnight as I read). I lived in Aachen for 3 years as well during studies.

But I am open for Aachen as well, as said.

Would you guys be able / is it okay for you if the place costs some money? Think we won't get anything free here (except we are not so many and my apartment's size is sufficient).
I would prefer cologne for a few reasons: 1. It is 30 Minutes less to drive from where I come from. 2. I imagine nightlife to be more interesting than Aachen 3. More Hotels / conference centers to choose from. But I'd also go to Aachen if more people decide thats the place to go.

Because I honestly lost track who prefers which location, I set up a little doodle. Just vote for one location or if you don't care check both. Whatever gets more votes till end of next week is our location. http://doodle.com/poll/t28y6egpctbdzyc4

I'd be willing to pay for a conference room, but no more than 50 bucks. @chriswho could you check the prices/locations?

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Or the best of both worlds: presentations on a rollercoaster and shit.

"Let's just have a meet up at Phantasialand", said no one ever here. I was aiming for a fun activity on Saturday and presentations on Sunday or vice versa. I have to drive 3 hours to Cologne, so I'm probably gonna stay there for 2 days.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I was planning to just drive up to aachen, or cologne and drive back in the evening. I think the meet up should be fun and educational which can surely be done. I also won't be able to go to phantasialand without the mrs because she would kill me if I go without her.

Perhaps we should scrap the idea of a presentation per person and have presentations about 2 or 3 subjects in which we can all add our personal value/experience to each topic? Or just have lets say 4 or 5 people present about different subjects?

We can take a look here for inspiration: https://thefastlaneforum.com/commun...mit-official-ticket-sales-speakers-etc.64009/

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
October is too busy and important for me, I'm gonna have to skip this.
Does the meetup take place or not? If so when and where? Has somebody organized a room for presentations or are we now so few that we all meet at somebodys place?
Please let me know until Wednesday EOB. Otherwise I'll just have a drink with @[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] saturday night. If somebody wants to organize a What's App group, you can PM me for my phone number.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
It seems like the idea has fallen prey to the inactivity of us all, lol.
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it; I've lost my transportation method (car) due to family health issues, and apart from doing the Incubator with Billy, I'll be making some pennies working a parttime job on saturday to fund my new ventures.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Every German wanting to joing the Skype Group, pm me your username!
As soon as I get one I will start the group - if one already exists, please tell me!

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
Hello guys, it's been over a year since we last tried to get a group together.
I'm here to blow some life into it,

My proposal is to organize an afternoon in early march. We could do a meetup and introduction of all attendants and perhaps 3 or 4 presentations provided by the attendants. We end with dinner. Ofcourse attendants can spend the rest of the day how they want. Talking, partying or whatever.

Proposed meeting city would be Maastricht (Netherlands). It is in the center of quite a few people I believe and here I am able to book a meeting room in the city library or a hotel. Prices would vary and depend on number of attendees. But expect a cost of approximately €15 per person for the meeting room.

So who is up?

All that where on the original list, what do you think?
@maxendio @JDx @Seeker @#nowhere @Longinus @chriswho @Supa @Cembo @goodguude @theag @Ascension

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.