As MJ said in his book, to make millions one must impact millions. I submit to you my thoughts that may impact millions. I wish to get your opinion on the viability of this business. I know many of you don't feel that gambling in and of itself is fastlane, but surely it can't be dennied that the operators of these businesses can be. So I submit to you for your thoughts.
For as long as there have been schools, clubs, and charities seeking to contribute to a cause there have been fundraisers of a sort. From those horrible subcriptions magazine fundraisers, to food stands, to raffles. It is in the latter that I seek to venture. Raffles have been a common place way to raise capital for different causes. More often than not these raffles are for nonprofit groups and as such can be seen as admirable. What I propose is to take something that may have once been limited to maybe hundreds, and bring it to millions. While I believe this may be done with all raffles the most viable, as I see it would be the 50/50 raffle.
A 50/50 raffle is a raffle in which the prize is %50 of the take of the raffle.
Now, that I have made clear my definition of a 50/50 raffle my idea.
I'm goin to start a website that will have various tiered 50/50 raffles running every hour on the hour. Without getting into to much detail. The site would operate by the purchaser receiving an electronic ticket and at the end of the designated timeframe for the raffle the computer would randomly "draw" a ticket that it had given out. Thus the winner would receive half the proceeds. There would be various tiers on the site based upon different denominations e.g $1,$5,$10,$20,$50,$100. The higher tier levels would have fewer entrant allotments to improve odds of winning and encourage playing these fields. As I said previously then winner would take in 50% of the rake leaving the other 50%. It is from here my main passion would focus.
This would primarily be a fundraising site for people to utilize. So people would submit paperwork I'm thinking in the form of an essay as to there purpose for fundraising, the beliefs association, etc, etc. These companies, organizations, clubs, and even private entities would then receive a date or dates that would be theirs to advertise as the wish although this step wouldn't be necessarily critical to raising funds. At the end of the alotted timeframe for the organization they would receive 30% of the day/days activities. This would leave the remaining 20% for the owner operator, myself. There are massive benefits from this idea.
1. The site would provide funds for various charities and organizations that provide important services.
2.These services would receive widespread attention. This attention would bring much needed focus into problems that need solving.
3. This site would allow individuals to increase their means of living, provide entertainment, and allow people to support causes that they may be in favor.
In essence this site would create an abundance of information, and potentially and abundance of wealth. While legally speaking here in the states it would be illegal I know that on a global scale this could be accomplished. I've been looking into this at various levels. Some would think that this kind of site I'd like to think of the birthchild of ebay and gambling would constitute gaming and thus require a license depending on the headquarter while others do not. This is a concept that I see a lot of potential good for as well as massive potentiallity for future headaches. My question to you all, What are your opinions on this idea? Do you see any hazard that may warrant forsaking this idea for another adventure? Do you think that this could be successful? Thanks for taking to the time read this, and for any potential criticism constructive or otherwise. Thank you for any praise of the idea. Thank you for your time in whether you respond or not, because time is the most prescious thing we have.
For as long as there have been schools, clubs, and charities seeking to contribute to a cause there have been fundraisers of a sort. From those horrible subcriptions magazine fundraisers, to food stands, to raffles. It is in the latter that I seek to venture. Raffles have been a common place way to raise capital for different causes. More often than not these raffles are for nonprofit groups and as such can be seen as admirable. What I propose is to take something that may have once been limited to maybe hundreds, and bring it to millions. While I believe this may be done with all raffles the most viable, as I see it would be the 50/50 raffle.
A 50/50 raffle is a raffle in which the prize is %50 of the take of the raffle.
Now, that I have made clear my definition of a 50/50 raffle my idea.
I'm goin to start a website that will have various tiered 50/50 raffles running every hour on the hour. Without getting into to much detail. The site would operate by the purchaser receiving an electronic ticket and at the end of the designated timeframe for the raffle the computer would randomly "draw" a ticket that it had given out. Thus the winner would receive half the proceeds. There would be various tiers on the site based upon different denominations e.g $1,$5,$10,$20,$50,$100. The higher tier levels would have fewer entrant allotments to improve odds of winning and encourage playing these fields. As I said previously then winner would take in 50% of the rake leaving the other 50%. It is from here my main passion would focus.
This would primarily be a fundraising site for people to utilize. So people would submit paperwork I'm thinking in the form of an essay as to there purpose for fundraising, the beliefs association, etc, etc. These companies, organizations, clubs, and even private entities would then receive a date or dates that would be theirs to advertise as the wish although this step wouldn't be necessarily critical to raising funds. At the end of the alotted timeframe for the organization they would receive 30% of the day/days activities. This would leave the remaining 20% for the owner operator, myself. There are massive benefits from this idea.
1. The site would provide funds for various charities and organizations that provide important services.
2.These services would receive widespread attention. This attention would bring much needed focus into problems that need solving.
3. This site would allow individuals to increase their means of living, provide entertainment, and allow people to support causes that they may be in favor.
In essence this site would create an abundance of information, and potentially and abundance of wealth. While legally speaking here in the states it would be illegal I know that on a global scale this could be accomplished. I've been looking into this at various levels. Some would think that this kind of site I'd like to think of the birthchild of ebay and gambling would constitute gaming and thus require a license depending on the headquarter while others do not. This is a concept that I see a lot of potential good for as well as massive potentiallity for future headaches. My question to you all, What are your opinions on this idea? Do you see any hazard that may warrant forsaking this idea for another adventure? Do you think that this could be successful? Thanks for taking to the time read this, and for any potential criticism constructive or otherwise. Thank you for any praise of the idea. Thank you for your time in whether you respond or not, because time is the most prescious thing we have.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
