The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

game industry

OXVO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jan 5, 2013
CT, USA
You definetly need an informative setup like this : Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment — Kickstarter

After looking at http://code-software.com/ I can see its a CMS/Wordpress based.

Take a look at http://oxvodesign.com which is also running on wordpress and notice the visual difference in quality between that and Code-Software.com ... Code Software and Very Little Monsters would attract more positive attention with a cleaner, professional look. At this point you guys are indie developers just starting out. Some of the problem is exactly that you guys look like amateurs and their are millions of amateurs.

Your picutres don't give off an exciting feeling. They don't make us want to know MORE about the project or take deep interest. I am very much a fan of android and android games. The games that do well are fully branded with great artwork and visuals representing them. You guys are obviously better game developers than artists.

If your serious maybe I can work with the Wordpress setup that you have now and make things more appealing to viewers so that you have a better chance of getting more people to support the project.

Seems like something I'd enjoy working on and helping market.

Joseph@OXVODesign.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
You definetly need an informative setup like this : Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment — Kickstarter

After looking at http://code-software.com/ I can see its a CMS/Wordpress based.

Take a look at OXVO | which is also running on wordpress and notice the visual difference in quality between that and Code-Software.com ... Code Software and Very Little Monsters would attract more positive attention with a cleaner, professional look. At this point you guys are indie developers just starting out. Some of the problem is exactly that you guys look like amateurs and their are millions of amateurs.

Your picutres don't give off an exciting feeling. They don't make us want to know MORE about the project or take deep interest. I am very much a fan of android and android games. The games that do well are fully branded with great artwork and visuals representing them. You guys are obviously better game developers than artists.

If your serious maybe I can work with the Wordpress setup that you have now and make things more appealing to viewers so that you have a better chance of getting more people to support the project.

Joseph@OXVODesign.com

Dear Joseph,

We can't because we are based in Poland, and Kickstarter is for US/UK only.

Yes. http://code-software.com/ is based on wordpress.org I love worpdress, its easy,

code website was set up in minutes, I'm proud of our website.

Code Software and Very Little Monsters would attract more positive attention with a

cleaner, professional look.
- Well yes, if we only had successful crowd funding we would

use your great professional services but we can't afford anything more, at this stage,

but we will think about that in future.

If we had more than minutes for website, we are able to make pro website on our self

but currently we are focused on product (our awesome and cute Very Little Monsters game

^^)

At this point you guys are indie developers just starting out.
- Yes we are independent

game developers and we are proud that in short amount of time we learned all skills

needed to make video games, seriously it is ridiculous, sickening work ethic, not

everybody are willing to give up work,school,fun with friends,girlfriend and most

important playing video games! for one purpose.

When you learn to create a video game, playing your game is not a “virgin gamer

experience†like you were a kid, its just a bunch of bugs, 3d meshes, scripts,

animations, textures, gameplay, storyline, renders… etc. and that sucks, we sacrifice

our game play for you guys, just keep that in mind that this is hard work no matter how

crappy the game will be after months/years of developing it.

We put our heart and soul into it, and when people don’t like our game, its almost like

they don’t like us and that also sucks.

Some of the problem is exactly that you guys look like amateurs and their are millions

of amateurs.
- Yes. In fact this is a problem but where we excel is quality of our

games, and focus on customer gameplay experience. Hope people will love our game because

I see that very little monsters every single day of 2012 and im sick and tired :D

Your pictures don't give off an exciting feeling. They don't make us want to know MORE

about the project or take deep interest.
- In my opinion our highly polished gameplay

experience will speak for himself, we try like hell with Public Relations, to get our

title on every gaming website but we are doing it for the first time in our life so its

not "sunshine and rainbows"

I am very much a fan of android and android games.
- Cool, keep follow us on our social

websites if you want to get news about free releases, updates, bonuses:
Creative Output Development
https://twitter.com/Speedyexe
http://www.facebook.com/CreativeOutputDevelopment

The games that do well are fully branded with great artwork and visuals representing

them.
- Yes, but keep in mind that we are two man orchestra and they often have many

types of funding, from VC to Crowd funding (honestly our main problem on indiegogo

crowd funding was expensive shipment of fancy perks from Poland to for example USA, if

you guys gonna find some easy&cheap shipping services to USA/Australia etc. give ma a

shot ;) then we will try again on indiegogo)

We 2012 Mauricio Kagel: Two-Man Orchestra - YouTube
We in future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRRtOJqB8PU
in terms of game development obviously ;) hehehehe

You guys are obviously better game developers than artists.
- hmhm, I can't agree with

that my friend, we can do whatever we like and we do it whatever it takes, but we keep

in mind tasks, and time frames to make our product a real thing, at this point we are

not interested in fancy website that is just a visual representation, the product is

more important at the beginning. In future we can change it :) and I think you miss the

whole point because android market must be "make us want to know MORE" as rightly

noticed, and our icons, descriptions and screenshots will be on android market after

release so you can check it out and tell us what do you think, we are sure we will

consider your idea.

If your serious maybe I can work with the WordPress setup that you have now and make

things more appealing to viewers so that you have a better chance of getting more people

to support the project.
- Sure, as long as your efforts gonna be free of charge and its

nothing more than install new visual template Im more happy to cooperate with you, if

not we will consider that after game release.

- Good to hear that.

btw. check out id Software :)

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
you can install a mac OSX on a normal computer in order to avoid purchasing a mac, you can develop an iPhone app and test it on the official iPhone/iPad simulator from xcode

1) Installing mac os to pc is illegal

source: Short answer: No. Long answer: Mac OS is licensed only for Mac computers. Apple closely works with hardware vendors when designing their hardware to ensure stability and compatibility. Apple has used a trusted hardware platform technology to verify that the computer is a Mac when installing Mac OS. While it is technically possible to install Mac OS on a pc, this requires you to circumvent this trusted hardware platform which is a violation of the softwares terms of use

found here: can i install mac os on a pc with intel core 2 duo processor & 1 gb ram? - Apple Store (U.S.)

2) test on xcode - to get best game quality as possible in terms of testing, shaders, animations, FPS, rendering, etc... - best solution: test on real device.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Ok lets summarize all my actions:

2010 - Hire in big gaming company and see how it works (Done)
2011 - Hire in small gaming company and see how it works (Done)
2012 - Gather a team (Done)
2012 - Start developing own game (Done)
2013 - Almost finish line at development, QA testing ect... (work in progress)
2013 - Public Relations with Journalist all over the world (work in progress)

2013 - Upload game on market (soon)

If I miss something after PR (Public Relations) please provide that kind of information because we are doing game for the first time on our own and don't know everything that's why I'm posting here ;)

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Our Story

1) CODE – the beginning.

Jarek:
I'm Jarek. Right now I am about to graduate Electrical Engineering degree. Normally I wouldn't even think about game development as my carer but chain of events happened that set me on that path. First of all I always have dreamed about being programmer and because of that I started to learn programming very early. I wrote my very first program in C when I was 12 and since then I never discontinued my passion for programming. In time I tried very different languages and styles but never committed to any of them. When I started my studies I already known most programming languages used there. There where not many as this was electrical department and we focused mainly on micro controllers. One of main events that set me on my new path was meeting with cousin that graduated Technical University. We ended up talking about game development as a job. He was first person that told me that it was not a bad choice for career and gave me lots of encouragement. I didn't think that I had necessary skills because designing software differs greatly from programming hardware. After giving this some thought I realized that my hardware programming skills will become my advantage. When you think about it the very first games where made by electrical engineers. Then about month later my childhood friend proposed that we could build our own game. Full of doubts but determined I accepted his proposition. Shortly after we started my doubts have diminished and found myself learning and experimenting all day long. Soon with practice I learned all I needed to create our first game.
My story offers only a small piece of wisdom.
1) Never give up your dreams. You have ability to shape your reality just as reality can shape you.
2) You have to gain trust In yourself. For me to gain that inner strength I had to put my trust in others that had faith in me. In time I gained trust in my abilities.
3)There is always room for improvement. Never stop learning.

Daniel:
Hi
I'm Dan,
When I started my College IT Engineer degree (2008) I wanted to be an sys_admin I found a job as help desk junior admin in hosting company, I loved servers but I also loved perfection and in help desk job after 3 years I was frustrated mostly because of customers and endless emails from them.
On summer I went from Gdynia (Poland) to Dublin (Ireland) and got hired by big gaming company. My long CV of hosting skills and passion for games since child helped me with getting job, I also was lucky to know english and polish (more languages you know better for you).
My job title was 'Quality Assurance Game Tester', I quickly figure out that big company people are not "god like" they are mortals like Me and You.
People there inspired me, it was like heaven for gamer in every single day.
My main objective was to see how this big colossus works from the inside, I was curious about everything.
After summer I went back to Gdynia to continue my College degree, I changed my plans from being an sys_admin to game tester, I had a map on my wall and marked Vancouver EA Games QA as my another direction.
During my last years of college I found an internship (2011) as 3d artist in small gaming company, I learned 3dsmax in 28 days from tutorials and Blender in 9 days and I love Blender since then.
Some day after I was fired, they told me I was not good enough, I was burning inside not only of that reason and that I was first in my life fired.
I was enraged because I was working after work till late to speed-up my skills to be as good as other people there, I wanted to be the best with big ambitions and was treated like piece of shit.
I regretted that I went back to my country for small salary (500 euro/week Dublin, 125 euro/month on internship Gdynia) and to continue my useless college degree that didn't learned me anything.
I quickly realized that college don't give me guarantee of stable good payed job, and job is based on hope. I started to thinking about my own company, making better games and treating employee like human not like cog.

2) I need backup!

2 January 2012
I proposed my childhood friend Jarek to join me on making our own games, and he said Yes.
Our ENTJ/INTJ Team work amazingly perfect and we were like a sponge, starting to read lots of books. We started to contact everybody in the industry, and didn't think that I will ever talk to Trip Hawkins (Founder of EA), one of my dots connected from my map, it was QA EA Games, but QA changed from quality assurance to questions and answers from Founder of EA and I was delighted.
After checking out histories of other companies there are two similar patterns:
1) 1-3 founders
2) ridiculous, sickening work ethic.

We changed our logo and name couple of times, first it was Epileptic Games but we figured that word Epileptic was inappropriate, then it was badpixel but it was taken, after that we figure out RAGE (Really Awesome Games Entertainment) influenced by DICE (Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment) but there was one problem, id released game called RAGE, finally Jarek proposed CODE (Creative Output Development) and we were happy with that name.
It's hard to work from home where family distracting you every 5 seconds, after release of our first game called Very Little Monsters we are planning to get office.
We started Very Little Monsters knowing nothing, we started from scratch. Reading motivational books kept us inspired and determined, one brick at a time and soon you have a wall - Will Smith.
We started excersise to keep our sanity and health in good shape (fire dance, running, gym, krav maga, boxing).
Books was our main source of absolutely everything, In my early years I have hated books, the main problem was that books in school didn't caught my attention, now im reading books like crazy, its almost like Neo from matrix "I know kung-fu".
We found as much about tasks and time management as we could google.
Hope it is useful for someone that lost his job and his entire world and faith collapsed in blink of an eye.
Always remember that hard work beats talent to the knees, you have 24 hours every day, use it.
Don't listen to people that don't make games, they don't have a bloody clue what are you talking about, "3d mesh? Whats that!" if they cant do it – they will tell that YOU can't do it, so always ask people that make games. Never let failure to be an option, as long as you wont give up you wont loose! When life beats you down you get up, when they shut doors, you can go back by window.
Work hard, there is no other way around.

-CODE Team.
www.code-software.com

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
OK Fastlaners! Support Us !!! :) or wish us success !

publish -quotes.jpg

Very Little Monsters AVAILABLE NOW!

Creative Output Development released its newest game, Very Little Monsters, for Android.

Told from the bacteria’ point of view, this innovative game lets players lead little army of monsters, they jump

far, duplicate, and fart! Fart? Well… Sometimes it just happens…

“We’ve never done anything like this,” said Jaroslaw Krefta, CEO of CODE. “Where other games are violent this

one is about fun and tactics, Very Little Monsters are all about the joy of winning the oponent where you are the

leader of your team, not just about getting some score, in this game, when you fail you just can’t wait to try other

way to defeat red monsters!”

The game is set on Blue Monsters Underwater World, it’s actually earth but they think its their “blue” planet.

They was living peacfully in their little enviroment but as usual, nothing is going according to plan. Magic

Crystal was stolen by some space invaders (the red trouble makers) and their mission is to retrive their Crystal

BACK!

With 18 fully 3D levels, and free updates coming up with two more worlds in production, there’s hours and

hours of monsters duplicating, jumping, and funny creatures all around. With many fields to jump tactics are

sky’s the limit — if you can figure out your own winning tactic first!

This is the first time the alien bacteria are protagonists of a game, but it’s just the beginning of a series of Very

Little Monsters related games and other entertainment.

Very Little Monsters are available now on Android. For more information, check out www.code-software.com, or follow Very Little Monsters on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.

Press inquiries may be sent to media@code-software.com.

About Creative Output Development

CODE is an industry-changing entertainment media company headquartered in Poland,

For more information check www.code-software.com

——————————————————————

“puede ser una buena opción para matar esos ratos aburridos cuando no contamos con ningún tipo de conexión en” – gameit.es

“it’s a really fun game!” – n3rdabl3.co.uk

“it’s great game for kids !!!” – CG Cafe

“Every level has a different layout of cells, and thus requires a different strategy. They can range from amazingly

simple to incredibly difficult, which is how a casual game like this should be … So you can make a jump that will

allow you to steal three or four of your opponent’s monsters, only to have one of her monsters jump right into

the midst of yours and really f*** your s*** right up.” – nerdsraging.com

“The art style is very interesting, and disturbing. Not only do the monsters sport big eyes, that’s what you’ll see

for the most part, unless you use the rotate function. I do like it though, they’re both cute and very… weird… The

normal difficulty is challenging, but the most rewarding as you feel slightly better about yourself for managing

to beat the level.” – thegeektrench.com

“Looking for a simple and relaxing game but at the same time to keep your mind fiddling? Well CODEsoftware’s

android-only game Very Little Monsters should make the fit…

Like Angry Birds, the game starts off with a story to entertain the players or to get the players thinking how the

rivalry between these two monsters existed… it is ultimately a very challenging and mind-teasing game for

players who just want to sit back and enjoy. It’s multiplayer feature is a huge plus as well especially to break the

ice with friends, and not to mention the added challenge and friendly but intense rivalry.” – theshadowgamer.com

For further enquiries please contact:

Wally

Public Relations Department

Press contact:

media@code-software.com

General contact:

contact@code-software.com

up.jpg

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I think your icon could use some work. Also, no reviews? You should poke some friends/acquaintances into giving some glowing reviews of the game.

It's also worth keeping in mind that people aren't just going to randomly stumble across your game and buy it. You're going to have to drive people to it yourself. A few options:

Are you optimizing your store page for keywords that people actually search for?
Do you have a limited free version (maybe with ads) that can push people to the paid version?
It seems like you've got a great start on the marketing from the articles above, but that should only be the beginning. Use the publicity and reviews that you've gotten from those sites to get reviews at even bigger ones.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hi everybody,

Can anybody advice me and tell why our game is not selling?

What are you doing to market it?

hcUOcN5.gif

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
I think your icon could use some work. Also, no reviews? You should poke some friends/acquaintances into giving some glowing reviews of the game.

It's also worth keeping in mind that people aren't just going to randomly stumble across your game and buy it. You're going to have to drive people to it yourself. A few options:

Are you optimizing your store page for keywords that people actually search for?
Do you have a limited free version (maybe with ads) that can push people to the paid version?
It seems like you've got a great start on the marketing from the articles above, but that should only be the beginning. Use the publicity and reviews that you've gotten from those sites to get reviews at even bigger ones.

Hi splok thank you for time to reply.

Yes icon should get some better design but allready people know this icon so I dont want to change it and confuse people. (but in next game we will make something better maybe simpler...)

As for reviews there are couple on youtube but thank you for hint.

Yes they don't click randomly on it we keep that in mind, specialy that we are not even on the list of apps (people need to search by name to find us) and we are not featured by google play so far.

We can't SEO to google play website because we are two people team, there are plenty of other problems like public relations, support, update game and design new one but this is useful hint, if we get more money we could outsource seo. (right now our focus is to get featured on big reviews websites like pocket gamer, joystiq, etc... and design new game, and upload freemium version)

Free version will be in next 8 days because we still hope that google play will feature us in next 8 days and might drive customers, if not we are changing to freemium with ads and links to paid version.

Use the publicity and reviews that you've gotten
Yes that actually a great idea, in all that designs problems, stress with release and all social shit we forgotten that we have nice source to send to big ones... great advice I will do it straight away.

You should poke some friends/acquaintances
Friends don't give a rat a$$ about it, I can count only on myself and co-founder Jarek (mordr3d)

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If you have some good idea how broke person can market this game better I am all ears :)

Do you have any IAP's or other monetization strategies besides the initial purchase?

I'll PM you something that could help, honestly marketing apps is a PITA

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Do you have any IAP's or other monetization strategies besides the initial purchase?

I'll PM you something that could help, honestly marketing apps is a PITA

In apps payments will be inplemented to freemium one IF version 'lite freemium' (less levels, ads and link to payed one) will "sky rocket" (then we will add more monsters and levels and worlds) if not.. get some agreement with publishers and make couple of projects for them... BUT we wanted to be publisher :D and cut off 10-15% of sells based on our marketing, but first we need to figure out how to market it like a rock star :)

ps. Yes its Pain in....

mordr3d

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 17, 2012

Well we actualy have ideas. They are just not implemented yet. But that can be easly solved. Becouse we have no idea how to market anything Speedy shoot emails to lots of review sites. Sadly only realy small number of those replied and even lower number of them actualy did review.

Our idea was to watch how things will play but we realized it wont do.

We can give part of our app for free with ads or we can make more monsters to select from as an in app purchase. New levels and worlds are possibilities too. Its just ... that we have no clue about which way we should go since no one gives a shit :/

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
There was also a company I came across a while back. You had to get "approved" and once you did they took another 30% of your profits but they basically plug you into their distribution/marketing/etc. system that could bring in hundreds of thousands of downloads. If I find the name of them, I will post it but I can't seem to remember at the moment :mad:

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
There was also a company I came across a while back. You had to get "approved" and once you did they took another 30% of your profits but they basically plug you into their distribution/marketing/etc. system that could bring in hundreds of thousands of downloads. If I find the name of them, I will post it but I can't seem to remember at the moment :mad:

We are thinking about three of them:
game-lion.com (local)
vividgames.com (local)
chillingo.com (UK)

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
We are thinking about three of them:
game-lion.com (local)
vividgames.com (local)
chillingo.com (UK)

I would do that if nothing works IMO, would you rather have 100% of a grape vs 30% of a watermelon

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
people know this icon so I dont want to change it and confuse people.

So long as it's a similar eye-creature, I don't think it would confuse people who have already bought the app. Having an icon that makes people want to click might be the single most important part of your marketing. You really don't want to neglect this part imo.

As for reviews there are couple on youtube but thank you for hint.

Getting some Youtube coverage is great! especially if you can get one of the more popular reviewers to talk about it. BUT i was talking about reviews in the google play store. When I checked the app it had zero reviews.

Friends don't give a rat a$$ about it

If nothing else, there's always fiver! :)

We can't SEO to google play website because we are two people team

Sorry, I didn't mean internet SEO, just in the app store search. What keywords would you like people to search for in the store and get your game as a result? Just add enough of those keywords into your description and such that you're in the running for those terms.

mordr3d

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 17, 2012
I would do that if nothing works IMO, would you rather have 100% of a grape vs 30% of a watermelon
I totaly agree with that. This is a solution if we don`t find any other way.

Originally Posted by speedyexe
people know this icon so I dont want to change it and confuse people.

So long as it's a similar eye-creature, I don't think it would confuse people who have already bought the app. Having an icon that makes people want to click might be the single most important part of your marketing. You really don't want to neglect this part imo.
1) I don`t think that number of people knowing the icon will realy be confused if we changed it.
2) Changing icon doesn`t solve anything at all. If anything people remmember icons of products that they qualify as good. I have never met person that made a choice of buying product based on icon only. What maters is that the icon is good enought to not chase customers away.

If nothing else, there's always fiver!
Thats looks promising.

Sorry, I didn't mean internet SEO, just in the app store search. What keywords would you like people to search for in the store and get your game as a result? Just add enough of those keywords into your description and such that you're in the running for those terms.
I think that this is a longshot but it`s worth trying since i don`t have a clue on what base google play performs search and it`s realy easy to do.

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
Read these 2 blogs about marketing your app and making money:

iPhone App Marketing | Bluecloud Solutions | How To Make Money With Apps
Trey Smith Blog

You should release a free version , then focus all your efforts on marketing the app.

I see this mistake very often, when developers vastly underestimate the marketing part.

For a game, it should be 80% marketing, 20% development.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I have never met person that made a choice of buying product based on icon only. What maters is that the icon is good enought to not chase customers away.

The thing is, the icon makes people click. If people never click the icon, they don't get any extra info about the product to convince them to buy. An icon is such a small thing relative to the entire project, but it can have a vastly disproportionate effect compared to the work required. (Also, I think your icon probably is scaring people away from clicking. :( )

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Read these 2 blogs about marketing your app and making money:

iPhone App Marketing | Bluecloud Solutions | How To Make Money With Apps
Trey Smith Blog

You should release a free version , then focus all your efforts on marketing the app.

I see this mistake very often, when developers vastly underestimate the marketing part.

For a game, it should be 80% marketing, 20% development.

Yes and No.
If game is good word of mouth will do the job, but you have right we need to marketing it to get customers.
I just wanted to say that if game is crapy even 1001% of marketing won't work.
If game is not for free nobody gonna see it on google play, we need to climb out of hell one inch at a time :)
And Yes now its time for marketing.
Thx for links we will check them out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!